THR Anniec19's New Hip Story

Hi x Ted's only teeny and I have a super king size bed so even if they both sleep with me.. sadly Stanley (6) wants to be in his top bunk... theres no chance xx

20180826_011158.jpg

:roseshwr:Oh how sweet!
I miss my little ones...how are they now in their 20's?!
Right now, I share my sister's grandchildren.
Hope you have a great visit with them.

Oh so sweet, Annie. The sleeping prince's in their lil jammies with their stuffed animals. Love it!

Sounds like you're doing well and getting out of the house a bit. Those first few outings with make-up and all feels so good!! If I'm calculating correctly it's a special day....Happy Three Week Anniversary! I hope you have a lovely evening and weekend. :)
@Anniec19

Wow !! Yes was 3 weeks yesterday. I cant believe how good I feel especially after how awful I felt those first few days. Totally worth it !! Went for a walk yesterday...to vote.
I'm really grateful for everybody's support so far. Things are looking up !

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Been a while since I posted.
Am now back at work part time on a phased return. Will need to be back fulltime by 3rd Feb as my assistant has booked leave for that week.
My hip is really stiff so was hoping someone could advise me on what exercises I could do to help.
Thanks in advance
Ann

Hi @Anniec19
Good to hear from you!
Am now back at work part time on a phased return.
Wow, sounds like you have done well but wondering how long you have been back to work?
My hip is really stiff so was hoping someone could advise me on what exercises I could do to help
At less than 3 months out, that stiffness is bound to be prevalent still and I know I went back to part time way too early, so after sleeping, resting, or sitting...I was super tight.
I hope you are still icing at least after work as tightness is most often indicative of swelling.
My advice would not to add anything but walking, and light stretches.
I had to warm up my muscles upon rising by doing a bit of marching in place and some gentle hamstring and piriformis stretches mostly standing and using a step with a handrail leaning in.
Some of this is likely a time thing, mine was. After work, I would have to go home and assume the position in my recliner...still icing and elevating!

Still lots of healing happening so rest when you can, friend.

Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I echo the icing suggestion as the tightness is from swelling and icing will help ease that. I'd make it a habit to ice each evening and even consider bringing a gel pack to work that you can store in a community freezer, or desk side in a cooler, if you're able to ice while sitting, or taking a break.
I hope you have a great rest of the week!
@Anniec19

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
We'd love to hear how you're doing. Please consider leaving an update next time you're on the forum.
All the best to you! :)
@Anniec19

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom