THR Anniec19's New Hip Story

Oh no...medications make me very nauseous so I hope you are making an effort to make sure you are taking with food.
I had to get down some toast or crackers to make sure the pain meds didnt make me nauseous.
Perhaps you could ask for some anti nausea medication or check with doctor if this continues.
Hopefully all will begin to ease up soon.
Dont worry about moaning...my recovery thread included moaning, whining, and lots of questions.
Lots of good advice and support got me through the roughest parts.:console2:
 
Hopefully this time next week I'll be able to look back at this and it'll seem like a bad dream x

I think you will be able to look back in a week and be happy it's behind you.

Do you know why you're vomiting? If it's a reaction to a medication you need to speak with your surgeon's office and have your meds adjusted / switched.
Please make sure you stay adequately hydrated.

I hope you feel better soon, you've been off to a rough start.
Hugs :console2:
 
Well done! Isn't great when the day goes well? Then we know we can do this. I'm so happy to read your update.
How are your sons handling your recovery? I hope they are being good helpers.. :roseshwr:
 
Hi all x boys are back at their respective homes x my dil came today n I had a shower n she blew my hair. Think I was getting a bit cocky trying to balance & reach for things x Feeling sore n just had a big sleep x but its manageable and I'm still super positive x
 
Glad you're feeling better, a shower and clean hair always helps our outlook. Continue to take it slow and easy, you've still a long way to go. Good sleep and a positive attitude will carry you far through this recovery! :friends:
 
Right now your body is using all its energy resources to heal so yes, you're going to be tired. Try and nap any chance you get, sleep is when we do our best healing.
 
Amen , Anniec I really like your attitude. Yes, We All Can Do This Together. Lets Encourage and support one another. Sweet Dreams. Im glad you are feeling better. Boy is rough when you vomit all over. I was there Sunday night. It was awful ( food poisoning). I sympathize with you. Have a restful night.
 
It's true, it can get a little tough for the first few days (or weeks) then it gets better very quickly, and it's really unbelievable that it improves like it does. It's hard to convince someone about that when they are waiting their turn, though.
Have a great holiday!
 
Hi
I'm loving all the happy Thanksgiving messages so Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys over the pond.
I am thankful for my new hip and that it seems to be improving (slowly)
I'm also thankful that I got 4 HOURS straight sleep woohoo !!!
Ann
Xx
 
I'm loving all the happy Thanksgiving messages so Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys over the pond.
:heehee: All us American folk think everyone does what we do...also forget we have so many lovely Brits and all manners of other countries represented on Bonesmart. I certainly do.
I just figured out not long ago what is meant by Bankers holiday.:curtsey:

Sweet restorative sleep:sleeep:
I didn't get a four hour run for many weeks, so I'm a tad jealous.
Power naps are super necessary.

Hope today is a good day @Anniec19
 
:happydance::)Thank you x
So I then dozed on my chair for about 45 mins x went back to bed and got ANOTHER 4 hours !!!! Couldnt believe it when I woke up and it was 1pm !!!
Things are still looking up
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom