Guest viewing is limited

THR And so, I Continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otherwise known as: Gullimac's Adventures in the Dude Den

Got a call on my way to work that the procedure ahead of me was postponed, so I have moved up an hour. Now report at 8:30 and procedure around 10:30. That was enough to finally get the nerves flowing.

Threw in the towel at work today around 2:45 and headed home. Of course everyone needed something from me at the last minute.

Got home to meet my dad coming in from NC and we went and picked up my girls from school. Had some BBQ for dinner and now taking my shower and getting ready for the fancy body wipes.

I will try to give everyone a quick thumbs up tomorrow when able. :thumb:
Good luck see you on the other side God bless
 
:thumb: Made it. Spent 4 hours in recovery after roughly 45 minutes in surgery. BP went high on me so they watched that for a while. Then I had longer than normal wait for a room upstairs.

Just had my first PT. walked to the bathroom, got VERY lightheaded, voided my bladder and headed back to bed. Had to make a pit stop about 5 feet from the bed because of dissyness. Darn PT wanted me to actually breath while I was doing the monumentally difficult task of walking:snork:.

More later going to try to nap.
Well done welcome to the other side an official hippy
get a nice kip take care God bless
 
Here at a bit over 10 weeks I am a little less particular about my seat (less of a goldilocks) and the bed. Still prefer my trusty recliner though. My new right hip is itching to try new things, but Mr. Wrong has held me back a bit. Still about 4 months out from LTHR if all goes according to plan. At 4 months out from my RTHR I was struggling a LOT more. Have to remind myself of that.
 
Feel like I am fully back at work. Right hip feels really good, but The left is giving me problems. Getting increased episodes of catching. I don't like to complain because things are SO MUCH better than they were before surgery on the right hip.

I actually find myself much more involved. I itch to get out in the yard and and trim back bushes or water the plants. I have energy to do more than just survive the work day. I always find myself trying to be more help with cleaning and pulling more than my share of the weight around the house during the summer on a normal year. I don't get to do that as much as I Should during the busy school year. This year I am honestly enjoying doing it.

It is so thrilling to be able to stand pain-free for 15 minutes. I couldn't stand in place for 30 seconds prior to surgery. I am rediscovering (and I think others are rediscovering as well) that I like to be involved in what is going on. I still can't do everything I want, but things are much better. I can't wait to get the left hip behind me so I can remove more impediments to being as involved as I want.
 
@gullimac Hi! I just got caught up reading through your thread. Glad you are doing well and thanks for all the great insights to what you went through. The post about your daughters and wanting to be there more for them had me tearing up. I hope you can find a new path that lets you have more time with them. It is sooo important. Heading over to read through your pre-op thread because I missed it somehow I think. Have a great day! ;)
 
12 weeks out today. Right hip feels pretty good. Still some random soreness. Can be stiff when I first get up. Most times I forget about the right hip.

Had an episode where Mr. Wrong (my left hip) "caught" on me while I was walking around downtown with the family. Then had to sit in a hard uncomfortable chair for dinner. Needless to say That made Mr. Wrong even more angry with me. Mr. Wrong is the one I have to be aware of now. I go back to my OS on Monday for my 3 month check and plan to discuss timing for the surgery on the this left hip.

Hoping as work ramps up with the start of Fall Sports over the next couple weeks that the left hip can maintain a plateau for a while. I just don't want it to start a fast downhill. I want to be on top of it. Overall right now I am in a pretty good place right now.
 
@gullimac Sounds like you are making slow and steady progress. I like the "Mr.Wrong" name of the bad hip. I hope you get the go ahead to do it when it is a good time for you and it holds on for you until then. :)
 
Your last few posts have given me such hope. I am looking forward to reading your whole thread tomorrow. I'm sorry Mr. Wrong is giving you such a hard time, but hopefully you can give him the boot soon!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@OUCH! This side of things (recovery) is SO much better than pre-surgery. For me it was extremely more difficult physically and mentally dealing with the waiting. That seems like a lifetime ago now.

I know you have been on a long journey to get here too. I hope this surgery brings similar results. Glad you got an earlier date. Hoping that you have an uneventful final stretch to this first surgery.
 
HI Twinsey! :wave:

I'm sorry I've not checked on you for awhile, but I'm not getting many of my alerts. I'm excited that you've received your second THR date! You're going to be so elated when that hip is also behind you. I found the pre-op wait to be less anxiety filled with my second THR. You sound great! :-)
 
So all of my teachers and coaches came back to work this week. The relatively calm summer hours are over for me. Lots more standing and walking. Mr. Wrong is rebelling quite a bit the last few days. Thunderstorms the past couple days have not helped. That old familiar limp is back. A little disappointing for me to take a step backward as I see several coworkers I have not seen since before surgery. Wish they could have seen me a week or two ago. Oh well. It is still not near as bad as I was.

Also on the negative side my beloved lift recliner broke on Sunday night. Looks like the metal arm that is driven by the motor snapped. Gonna have to dig out my warranty.
 
Aww, too bad, Gullimac. Hope you get that chair fixed asap. And too bad there are more challenges and walking and limping, darn it. Mr. Wrong will be gone some day soon.
 
I'm glad you have the date for Mr Wrong and I hope the wait goes well. I won't tell you to take it easy as I know how hard it is to pace yourself!
 
Hope "Rise and Shine" is repaired or replaced before Mr Wrong needs to be :rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom