Guest viewing is limited

THR And so, I Continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks at @dinsmaum ! I certainly hope that is the case, but I don't want to jinx it. I think 8 weeks will be better, but I also know that the intensity of my job tends to ramp up quickly when we hit January. It will be hard to work into it slowly. I will have to be more of an advocate for myself.
 
Good day in the mountains of north Georgia! Hit 3 different city parks and a waterfall off the Ocoee river in Tennessee today with my kids. Much more mobile than I was 6 months ago when I went to the same spots...and could not have done them all in one day in the last 2 years.

I hope my kids can notice the difference in my involvement. I know my wife can.
 
Unfortunately they don't have a clue. Be your own advocate. As you have discovered the energy drain from this surgery is real. Go with it and adjust your work schedule to allow for as much rest as you can. As I have said before (sorry - broken record now) easy does it!

Hi All,your right about work.They don't understand.The combination of knee,2 bad hips,husband with open heart ,a newborn plus daughter and boyfriend plus working full time and studying was exhausting.I thing we all need to take a cruise next year just actually vacation on the Riveara,just because we survived.The Hippie tour,no coworkers allowed:)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So, worked 3 straight days this week and will follow with a half day today (due to an impromptu meeting with an upset softball parent). I am a bit tired and stiff today. I am at a little over 7 weeks out from surgery. Overall pretty pleased.

The kids and I fly to the beach this weekend for vacation with my family. I haven't seen most of them since December. Looking forward to it. Ready to show off my scar in my oh so revealing bathing suit :rotfl:! Doubt I do more than slip my feet in the ocean, but that would be better than what I could do last year.
 
@Cynthia777 Thanks twinsie! :friends:

@Krista I agree, glad to see my dad and have my girls with me on Fathers Day. Last year was our first trip after losing my mother to cancer and I think we were all a bit numb. This year I think we return to a bit of normalcy. Wasn't sure I was going to make the trip this year, so grateful to have been wrong. :happydance:

Thanks @kwarendorf ! Got to take my trip when I can get it. Hope you enjoy yours when the time comes. I am a bit jealous of the thought of getting on a bike. Maybe after hip #2 :bicycle1:!

I will make sure to send a tasteful picture of my family jealously ogling my scar.
 
Made it to to Ocean Isle Beach, NC. I even made it all the way to put my feet in the ocean today. Still not great enough to avoid the feeling that others are taking care of my kids. To be fair my brother is 6 years younger than me and his wife is 2-3 years younger than him. their oldest is a week older than my youngest (and my youngest comes off like she is a teenager most times anyway). I am trying to take on the mantle of being 2nd in command when it comes to cleaning (per a directive from my wife, who was unable to come this time).
 
Having a good time at the beach on vacation, but I can tell I am overdoing it. Mr. Wrong is catching and causing trouble but Mr. Right isn't perfect either. Worked back to some PT exercises today to help Mr. Right. But I know nothing is going to make Mr. Wrong better until I get it replaced.

My uncle works in the psych ward of an emergency department in a Raleigh, NC area hospital and he deals with a lot of stuff and he was impressed with the positive attitude I had toward my hip replacement, dental issues and the passing of my mother ( his wife's sister). He sees people dealing with chronic pain at their worst ( much worse than where most of us have to dea with) and knows where it can lead. It was great to talk candidly with him about where I had been the past few years. No matter what most of us deal with, there is always something worse.
 
Have a great adventure and tons of fun.My friend said it was hard walking on the actual beach sand so try to stay close to the waters edge so it's more solid walking surface.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Healer01 My new hip actually liked the challenge of the soft sand. It Got to work a few different ways than it is used to and I feel like it helped work some soreness out. Mr. Wrong (still suffering from OA) absolutely hated it and was not bashful about letting me know.

My last day at the beach was Wednesday, in the spirit of trying to squeeze everything out of vacation I way over did it. Spent 1.5 hours on the beach, followed by 1.5 hours on a scavenger hunt with the kids, then an hour of mini-golf and then packing up to drive to the airport. By the time we met my wife at the airport I was in pain and extremely grumpy. My new hip was tired and sore, but hip #2 felt like I used to on hip#1. I actually took some of my left over meds from pre-surgery regimen for the last couple days and that calmed things down.

Mid-day my new hip feels pretty good. Early and late in the day I get stiff. i missed my recliner while on vacation. I felt like goldilocks trying to find a seat that worked on vacation. This seat is too low, that seat is too high, this seat is too soft, that one is too hard.
 
Popping in to say hello. Have been doing pretty well. Doing well at work as long as I stop periodically and stand up and walk. I even have the energy to work a bit in the yard after work.

Today it is a blistering 97 degrees so nothing outside for now. Today is also the first day this week where Mr. Wrong has been grouchy. Reminds me how far I have come when I have a bit of the old joint pain in the opposite hip. Will take it easy tonight.
 
Today is also the first day this week where Mr. Wrong has been grouchy. Reminds me how far I have come when I have a bit of the old joint pain in the opposite hip. Will take it easy tonight.

I can't imagine how that must feel - can you imagine what life is going to be like with the two of them happy?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom