TKR And Now My LTKR Recovery Begins

I am also surprised your PT has not ended due to COVID-19. I'm working from home now -- I concluded my PT few weeks before things really became restricted.

PT at home is doable and needed in my case, so as to not loose the ROM and strength I'd acquired. The Telehealth option sounds great!
 
My PT cancelled my March appts. They are scheduling me for April. I already cancelked the first one. I havent had PT for 4 weeks....nothing has seized up or gotten worse. Im walking without a cane....dont sweat it. Do what your body abd your knee say.
 
You live in Virginia and the state just declared a "stay at home" order a few hours ago today. This means you should NOT go to therapy, whether they opt to stay open or not. This is an unnecessary risk until the coronavirus is under control in this country. Therapy is not a medical necessity after a knee replacement. As the posts above indicate, you can do exercises from home on your own or employ telehealth if that makes you more comfortable.
 
Home PT is far safer than going out and being at risk in contacting someone or touching something that has the virus and you can exercise just as well if not better at home as you control the level to which you feel confident. ADL is part of our healing.
If you do not feel confident about which exercises to do ask your PT to send you a video online for you to watch.
Stay safe and protect others at this stage is our safest option xxxx
 
OH has had no word at all about his next appointment but we're not worried. From what we've read on here, things will keep progressing naturally which should be just fine as things go. :flwrysmile:
 
I’m at 8 weeks and haven’t as expected, gone back to England where I intended to see a private physio. Instead I’ve seen one on line, using ‘Zoom’ which worked well. We talked and he explained what I should do, has now sent me the exercises.
well worth it for £50.
today walked through the vines to read a meter for someone.over 2 km my phone said.
very pleased!
 
I spoke to my surgeon,and he said if I had already done at least 8 of my PT appointments then I could stop going.But I’ve only had 3 PT appointments so far...I’m going to see if they can do them online....Thank you everybody ☺️
 
I really think it’s your decision how many PT appointments you go to. Your surgeon can suggest, but I don’t see how he can make you go to 8 appointments, especially under the current virus situation.
 
I had no appointments and I did great and so did many others! Trust yourself to know what to do for your knee. It's really just common sense.
 
I found that once they showed you the exercises you didn't really need PT. I did go (back in the day) more as a reassurance, I think, rather than that they *did* anything for me after the first few visits.
So I'd say you'll be fine without more appointments.
 
Today is 6 weeks for me...And just wanted to say,I’m FINALLY able to sleep on my stomach again!!!I’ve been LIVING for this day to come!!!lol And today is LAST day of taking all the meds!!!I only have to continue taking multi vitamin until 3 month mark!!!I’m so glad!!!Hope everybody is doing well...
 
:yes!:Wow, I'm really impressed sleeping on your stomach I am able to sleep on my side but not yet brave enough to roll over on to my tummy. So congrats xx
 
Milestone!:friends:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom