I agree with you Josephine, but am not able to gain agreement with any Orthopedist yet. I have the original I fired long ago, my normal ortho guy whom I adore, but is only working part-time and not eager to risk being a "bad guy" and have a less-than-perfect outcome. My last Orthopod is well thought of, but from the practice where the first OS used to be, but has since left (the new hot shot didn't last very long here - think he's off setting bones someplace).
My last OS was leaving for 6 weeks of Dr's w/o Borders work while on vacation, and that may have played a role in his decision. I'm in the middle of buying a house and moving 40 miles away over the next two months too, so I didn't present as the most eager surgery patient. The OS does want me back within 6 months to re-check the bone loss. Until then, I'm scheduled to see the Pain Management Dr.
I am meeting with my Primary care Dr to sum up everything we found so far - he can refer out to another OS if we're not happy with the results. I am frustrated with the "not bad enough" line I've been getting all along. On the other hand, my back has been my most painful area lately. I'm hiring people to do most of the lifting for my move, but it's still work, and I have to pace myself.
Am I at risk if I take a watch and wait approach and use my meds and perhaps some RF treatment to control pain? I think the Lat Fem Cut nerve is only giving me pain with the numbness, so I'll take numbness alone. Otherwise, I feel I'm being forced to watch and wait. If you don't think so, I'll pressure my PCP to go to another revisionist expert.