TKR Almost 2 years post op

Your signature which are the dates showing in light gray beneath each one of your posts read as -
TKR - August 26, 2021
TKR - July 23, 2021

In post #15 you shared that your surgeries occurred on the following dates -
Right TKR - August 23, 2019
Left TKR - October 26, 2019

Do you see this? Did you create your own signature? The July and August dates?
 
Good morning:)
I had a double knee replacement in 2019 the right Knee 8/23/2019 the left knee 10/26/2019 I work on my feet all day 4 days a week and am very active Biking ,rower yoga I generally do something every day. My right knee (the first one ) is always much tighter than the left and more sore:( With that said overall I am doing good my question is how may complete days off (no working out after being on my feet ally day)is recommended I tend to be a bit of an over trainer even before TKR. Aby input would be so appreciated :)
Your post gives different years than actual
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
Hello:)
I had both knees replaced the first 8/26/21 the second 7/23/21 for the most part doing well except my right (first one ) is so tight and sore along with my hamstring being tight and sore I work on my feet 9 hours daily 4 days a week its just so frustrating to have my first knee hurting so much feeling down:( Should worry this will be chronic my Doctor says everything is ok just time.
@Ace0611 above was your first ever post on Bonesmart. The dates (years) below you are indicating you had your surgeries don’t match up.
had a double knee replacement in 2019 the right Knee 8/23/2019 the left knee 10/26/2019 I work on my feet all day 4 days a week and am very active Biking ,rower yoga I generally do something every day.
Do you understand our confusion? Bonesmart puts your surgery information in your account profile/signature.
 
@Ace0611

I merged the post from today, and it’s replies, to your original thread, keeping the title of your original thread. As you can see from the bit of confusion today about your surgery dates, it’s best to have one thread, which is what we require, so all your information is in one place.
 
I am doing good my question is how may complete days off (no working out after being on my feet ally day)is recommended I tend to be a bit of an over trainer even before TKR. Aby input would be so appreciated :)
There isn‘t a specific recommendation about how much training or not, that you do. If your knees are tired from being on your feet all day, it’s fine to take a break from working out. Listen to your knees and trust your judgement as to what’s best for them.

This recovery takes an average of a year, which means some take longer than a year. I actually had a lot of improvement in my second year. Where you are now is probably not where you will end up. :flwrysmile:
 
sorry I am not sure what your asking I did them 6 weeks apart my left knee is 11 just over 11month ago my right knee was just over a year ago
No worries, dear Ace. We have you covered, we figured it out.
Try some of the recommendations we mentioned and see if you notice a difference. Please report back, we'd love to hear from you.
Have wonderful weekend! :SUNsmile:
 
Hello:)
First I just want to say I am very grateful for this Forum truly informative as well as comforting!
I had total TKR on both knees 5 weeks apart a year ago my right leg (1st one ) is tight and sore all the time I work a physical job on my feet most of the day my hours right now are 4am -12 noon waking up at 2am. I have the opportunity to change this and work 12noon till 9pm I feel like having time in the morning to walk, stretch do my exercise would be better for healing thioughts?
 
feel like having time in the morning to walk, stretch do my exercise would be better for healing thioughts?
Some gentle stretching might be good, but why do you feel you need to keep doing exercises when you have a physical job with long hours? No wonder you are tired and still have pain. Your job gives you plenty of mobility, and maybe even too much. Do your job and then come home and rest as much as you can.

Are you still elevating? This could be very helpful, and also icing at this point, if you feel ice helps. (I stopped icing at 6 months because it was actually hurting me, rather than helping. I didn’t have much swelling at that point.)
 
By the way, I merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread, as we prefer that members in recovery have only one thread.

This benefits you because all your information is in one place, easy to find, and maintains a nice journal for you.

This also benefits our staff, as your information is all in one place, and we often go back through your thread for previous details, so we know what you‘ve been through which helps us advise you better.

So, please keep all your posts in this thread. If you’d like a new title, let us know what you want, and we’ll change it for you.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
How can I find my threads and posts?

Best wishes on your continuing recovery! :flwrysmile:
 
Does anyone still experience tightness and heat after a year :( I had both knees done 6 weeks apart right one Aug 26 2021 Left Oct 23 2021. I am doing well for the most part I work on my feet 8 hours a day doing hot yoga 3 days a week , stationary bike and rowing machine 3days a week my average steps in a day are about 15,0000.However my right knee (first surgery ) is very tight numbness more than left.
Any thoughts or experiences would be so grateful :)
 
Last edited:
Yes, it is common to still have tightness and heat at one year out. This recovery takes an average of a year, which means longer for some of us.

You are doing a lot of activity for a healing knee, maybe it’s too much yet for your particular knee. If we do too much too soon it can take longer to heal.

By the way, I merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread, as we prefer that members in recovery have only one thread.

This benefits you because all your information is in one place, easy to find, and maintains a nice journal for you.

This also benefits our staff, as your information is all in one place, and we often go back through your thread for previous details, so we know what you‘ve been through which helps us advise you better.

So, please keep all your posts in this thread. If you’d like a new title, let us know what you want, and we’ll change it for you.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
How can I find my threads and posts?

Best wishes on your continuing recovery! :flwrysmile:
 
Good morning’
I am 18 months out from RightTKR and16 months out from LeftTKR while I am able to Work(on my feet all day) and exercise I still feel more tightness on the first knee and stiffness until I get up and moving .Very aware my knees are metal.
Can anyone share there experiences with this time frame post op.
Thank you :)
 
Good morning’
I am 18 months out from RightTKR and16 months out from LeftTKR while I am able to Work(on my feet all day) and exercise I still feel more tightness on the first knee and stiffness until I get up and moving .Very aware my knees are metal.
Can anyone share there experiences with this time frame post op.
Thank you :)
@Ace0611
Good Morning from Canada.
I am 18 months out from RTKR and 8 months LTKR.
After my LTKR, I started to experience Stiffness in my Hands, Knees and some Toes.
Like yourself, I have to walk it out and exercise my hands.
Somewhere on Bonesmart I saw where this could last for 2 years.
I wake up at night because it hurts about a 5 of 10 when I move my legs.
Last night I got up at midnight, watched TV and often got off the couch and walked it out.
This happens more with a change of Weather. It snowed last night, lol.
When I told the Surgeon about it, he walked away and said I should go to the Airport and apply for a job as a weather man. I said, that is funny but it is not funny.

When I told my Dr. he ordered blood tests for allergies, infection, then X-rays of hands for Rheumatoid Arthritis. All negative.

Then my Dr. ordered Nuclear Scanning. After 3 scans, report said Focal Osteomyelitis.
After several visits with surgeon & Doctor, they referred me to another Surgeon, January 13th. Monthly blood tests have been negative and some doctor say Blood test cannot detect Osteomyelitis.
Fingers crossed a needle biopsy January 13. can answer it all.

Sorry for my life story, make a note of the weather when your knees are stiff.
Also search Bonesmart for Stiffness.
Good Luck
Don
 
I wish you well hopefully needle biopsy will give you answers:) Thank you so much for your resonse.
 
That tightness can last a very long time, especially if you are on your feet all day.

By the way, I merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread, as we prefer that members in recovery have only one thread.

This benefits you because all your information is in one place, easy to find, and maintains a nice journal for you.

This also benefits our staff, as your information is all in one place, and we often go back through your thread for previous details, so we know what you‘ve been through which helps us advise you better.

So, please keep all your posts in this thread. If you’d like a new title, let us know what you want, and we’ll change it for you.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
How can I find my threads and posts?

Best wishes on your continuing recovery! :flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom