Guest viewing is limited

THR AllNat’s First THR (Righty's Road to Recovery)

Thanks, @benne68 and @Layla , for your words of wisdom and advice.

Are you using the heel-toe walking technique we shared with you in post $45 and still having this problem?
Yes, however, after doing a few laps in the house and really paying attention to how I was stepping, I can confirm that my left hip flexor is definitely tighter than the the right hip flexor. So that could definitely help explain the differences in movement that my left and right legs do when I'm walking. Presurgery I was used to having both hip flexors be very tight, so I am very pleased to see that my right hip flexor has become more relaxed after the surgery. I'm hoping something similar will result from my LTHR in September.

There may still be some weakness at only 17 weeks post op. This recovery can take a full year and you're only a little over four months. It takes time for the soft tissue to settle in with the implant and begin working smoothly. Do you feel you may be favoring at all, given your deteriorating left hip, and it's throwing off your gait, causing the swaying?
@Layla, thank you for the reminder that I'm only 17 weeks post-op. I find that my mind will tend to use the word "already" instead of "only," which makes such a difference in my perspective---cracking the whip instead of being patient and gentle on myself. Besides the difference in how my hip flexors feel on each side, as I mentioned above, it is possible that I am favouring one side over the other. I'm now starting to think of my new hip as my good hip, which is a bit challenging at this point, when I'm transitioning to using my cane in the other hand and deciding which leg to use first when ascending and descending stairs. It's amazing how quickly I got into certain routines after my hip replacement, and now I'm having to mirror those routines. :heehee:

As for walking on sand, I understand that it's something I will have to postpone until next summer. Can't wait to see how both hips feel then!
 
I'm now starting to think of my new hip as my good hip
You are doing so well, @AllNat! And you are only 4 months post-op!

FYI: I also struggled with tight hip flexors for years and agree that the hip replacements made a big difference. If your recovery is anything like mine, you will discover that the first operated hip gets even better after the second one is done.
 
I also struggled with tight hip flexors for years and agree that the hip replacements made a big difference.
In my aquafit class on Friday, I had a moment during one of the moves when I thought that I might be cheating by doing the move more easily than was intended, but then I realized that it was just that my hip felt so much better than it used to. :loll:

I have a question about the discount code for the Recovery Shop. I clicked on the website URL and went through the steps to select a product, then when I got to the Checkout screen I pasted the discount code into the Apply a Coupon box; but when I clicked on the Apply Coupon button, it opened a screen that contained an error message (see the screencap below). How is the discount code supposed to work?

1785734213811.webp
 
That’s great news about your hip. How was the hip after the pool? You’re doing great.

I’ve flagged your question about the Recovery Shop to the team members who deal with this, and they’ll be back to you soon.
 
Nothing like being in a pool and that weightlessness! I also enjoy salt water. It’s very soothing and feels medicinal for any aches and pains.
My son has a salt water pool, you know where Mom is soaking!
Happy to hear you are doing so well!
 
In my aquafit class on Friday, I had a moment during one of the moves when I thought that I might be cheating by doing the move more easily than was intended, but then I realized that it was just that my hip felt so much better than it used to
Such a great feeling when you realize - Hey, :wink: I think this surgery worked after all.
May you have many more of these moments.
Happy Monday, Nat!
 
when I clicked on the Apply Coupon button, it opened a screen that contained an error message
I'm so sorry this happened.

I just tried it myself and there's clearly something wrong with the link. We will reach out to The Recovery Shop to get this resolved asap.

Can you tell me what you were trying to purchase?
 
That’s great news about your hip. How was the hip after the pool? You’re doing great.

I’ve flagged your question about the Recovery Shop to the team members who deal with this, and they’ll be back to you soon.
My hip was feeling great after the pool. I had a couple of days last week (Wednesday and Saturday) when I found my right hip starting to get sore, but I think it was just a result of overdoing things (we were trying to get our house clean in anticipation of hosting people this weekend), and the pain went away after I took a couple of regular-strength Advils at bedtime.

Thank you for flagging the Recovery Shop issue for the appropriate team members!
 
I'm so sorry this happened.

I just tried it myself and there's clearly something wrong with the link. We will reach out to The Recovery Shop to get this resolved asap.

Can you tell me what you were trying to purchase?
I was trying to purchase the foam version of the Lounge Doctor (medium, 18").

In April I had purchased the inflatable version from Ames Walker, when I thought that I would not be able to purchase it from the Recovery Shop because I had clicked on "View Cart" and the "Calculate Shipping" section of the screen showed only the United States in the country box (I live in Canada). I loved the LD that I received, but it has started to leak air and I want to replace it with the foam version before my LTHR in September. I thought I would try again to purchase it from the Recovery Shop, and this time I clicked on the "Checkout" button, which includes Canada, the US, and a bunch of other countries in the country box in the "Billing Address" section. I am hopeful that means that I would be able to purchase it. :praying:
 
Hi @AllNat The technical problem has been corrected and the code is now working if you still want to make that purchase.

Thanks again for reporting this. Let me know if you have any further problems!
 
:sad:

I tried entering my information on the Checkout screen (including the discount code, which worked this time), but when I clicked the "Place Order Now" button, it told me that I must fill out the additional address boxes, which I thought would not be necessary because I had checked the "This is a Residential Address" box (see the screencap below). This bottom portion gives only the United States as the country, with no option to select a different one. Does that mean that I cannot buy from the Recovery Shop because I'm in Canada?
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] AllNat’s First THR (Righty's Road to Recovery)
    Screenshot 2026-08-04 140551.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 10
@AllNat I’ve flagged the technical team again and hope it’ll be sorted soon. I’m sorry you’re having this issue and I hope you get your purchase.
All the best.
 
I am sorry @AllNat to say I have just found out that it will not be possible to ship to Canada, and I believe there’s now a disclaimer on the site. The good news is that they re hoping to add shipping to Canada soon.
I do really feel for you and understand your disappointment. Thank you for trying to support the Recovery Shop.
 
Thanks for looking into this issue, @Legseleven . I'm currently waiting for a replacement of the inflatable version from the retailer that I had purchased one from, but I will check on the Recovery Shop once in awhile to see whether shipping to Canada has been added, as I would really like to pick up a foam version and support the shop.
 
Happy Five Month Anniversary, Righty!
I hope you're doing well, AllNat.
Best wishes for a great week! :thumb:
@AllNat
 
Thanks for checking in, @Layla . Touch wood, Righty is doing very well and is being an inspirational role model for Lefty, whose turn is coming up next Saturday. The pre-op consultation stuff began this week, but I'm finding it a bit different this time around because my surgeon (Dr. Paul Kuzyk, same as for Righty) will be doing the surgery in a private clinic (OVS) instead of a hospital (Women's College). Should I begin a new thread for Lefty or continue in this one?

I hope your summer has been warm and lovely.
 
Back
Top Bottom