I am. I have consulted with a local hip replacement surgeon (3000 plus surgeries). He was not sure it would resolve the issue. He thinks more of a soft tissue, glute medius, etc. Thanks
So you have consulted ... I am wondering if your case is one of those where it makes sense to keep consulting surgeons until you find someone who feels pretty confident about addressing your pain. But I don't mean to dismiss your pain ... which must be extremely frustrating.
Have you consulted with (or considered) a surgeon that specializes in the muscles and tendons of the hip? Maybe search for a hip preservation specialist or gluteal tendon repair specialist in Florida. Just from what I have learned and been dealing with, a surgeon sometimes just looks at the bones and hardware and seems to not always think about the muscles and tendons... Just my 2 cents...
Thanks Marvy, I agree you can jump the gun and say metallosis is root of the pain. Your situation is very similar to wise and symptoms and you have to metal on metal.Imagine another surgery and pain is still present
You want to be wary of statements like this. There are a myriad of surgeries other than hip replacements that could be included in that. Plus, is that in his lifetime or per year? The number you really want to know is how many hip replacements did he do last year?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.