Guest viewing is limited

TKR ACIM

Hi all. Just wanted to say a goodbye to the group and thank you all for the wonderful help you have given me. It looks like I've gained about 10 pounds since my surgery but my clothes seem to fit fine so, I don't know, maybe my scale is off, hopefully hopefully hopefully, lol. I'm doing some more hardcore PT now and have off from work until a week from tomorrow to really focus on resting and PT. Please know that I won't forget you. Ever. Blessings, Diana
 
@ACIM I’m sorry you’re leaving so soon. I wish you all the best. I hope you will keep us updated, and as many of the admin have said it’s still early days. Take care.
 
Good luck to your healing and adventures! Come back to see us every so often.
 
Hi Diana,
I was hoping you'd stay with us awhile longer, so we could read about the progress you're making. I wish you the best and hope you'll stop by and update us on your recovery periodically. :friends:Take good care!
@ACIM
 
I would seriously love to stay another month but when I tell you I am watching my pennies, I am really watching my pennies. Since I am out of work another week that's another week of pay lost. And I can't post on here without paying another month subscription, right? Love and blessings to you all. You are angels.
 
Hi ACIM,
Yes, you can continue posting as a Basic (free) member once your subscription as an Insider expires. The main difference is you will no longer have access to the perks that came with Insider status, like enhanced visibility to special features like the BoneSmart Library and all other articles, nor priority attention from staff. But you're still welcome here to share updates and receive support and encouragement from other members. You can use the SEARCH feature when interested in reading of others experiences on any given topic.
We do understand that not everyone can afford subscription fees and we value every members contributions here, so by all means, please do continue sharing updates. :SUNsmile:
Happy Sunday! I hope you have a great week!
@ACIM
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Enjoy your last week before you head back to work!
@ACIM
 
Layla: if I can stay on the basic membership for free will I still be able to touch base with you and others? I have been doing some really good PT the past few days. This morning I want to go to the YMCA and start doing the recumbent bike. No resistance. What do you think? I've been doing my little tiny bicycle at home. Also hitting 10,000 steps a day for the past 3 days. Also starting to walk up the stairs with my surgical leg. Thoughts?
 
That sounds like a LOT. I can only suggest you reconsider the excellent replies you already had from the bone smart staff regarding PT, exercise and recovery. I often read how very easy it is to join the ODIC.
How is the knee behaving re pain and swelling?
 
Thanks for the update, ACIM. We appreciate you as a member of the community and we're thankful for your willingness to share your journey here with everyone. We all learn from one another and everyone's story has value.

As a Basic member you are able to post on your thread and engage in discussions with others. You will find support and encouragement from fellow members. However, priority attention, personalized responses from staff and exclusive content are only available to Insider subscribers.

As far as PT and the YMCA, let your body be your guide. Don't push yourself to hit a number, over listening to your body. If you don't experience a negative result after therapy or gym sessions, it is likely okay. If you're in pain, overly fatigued, have increased stiffness or swelling, you should dial it back.

Ten thousand steps feels a bit excessive, but again, how your body is reacting / recovering afterward and the next day, should be your guide on whether it's too much.
And then again part of me just wants to rest today
If you feel this way, then just rest today.
Happy Tuesday! :SUNsmile:
 
@ACIM….just to add to Layla’s response regarding what communication you will have with staff and other members, a Basic Member can post updates to their recovery, but staff will not be responding on a regular basis. That rapid and continuous support is reserved for the Insiders Club. Other members are free to converse with you about how things are going, but in accordance with our forum rules they cannot provide opinions or medical advice to you. Only our staff can do that as part of the Insiders Club membership. If you have questions or concerns, we will not be able to respond to them, other than in a very general manner. That type of support is also part of the Insider Club benefits.

I understand your concerns about cost. BoneSmart is a non-profit organization and our subscriptions are what we use to pay for our operating expenses. We’ve tried to keep them reasonable.

Should you feel the need for more support than a Basic Membership offers, you might look at a multi-month subscription. Although more expensive up front, the monthly cost is less than month-to-month ($9.99 per month). Many people choose a 3-month subscription for just over $8 per month or 12 months for $5 per month. I hope you can find a level of support that both meets your budget and your recovery needs, as we would be pleased to see you continue to be part of the Insiders Club.
 
Thank you. I think I'll just go ahead and sign up for another month. I ended up doing nothing today as I felt very weak, flu-like symptoms underneath that was in a lot of discomfort. So it's been an enjoyable day. I thank you for your feedback and I'll be speaking with you soon.
 
Sometimes pain can present as a general sick feeling, so it’s likely a sign that you need to slow down a bit. Even if you don’t feel the pain in your knee, your body is telling you that you need some rest. Good that you’ve been doing that. You’re listening to those body signals!!! Good for you!
 
Oh no, I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather. :console2:
I hope with lots of rest you feel better tomorrow.
Thanks for your continued support as an Insider, ACIM.
@ACIM
 
The gift is mine. Getting ready to sign up for The Insider again. Thank you Layla.
 
I am trying to sign up for another month but my account here tells me that it expires June 23rd or something like that. So I don't assume that I can resign up for another month until this month, June 23rd, has passed? The website does not give me an option to sign up for another month, only 6 months and 1 year.
 
Thanks for reaching out.
I've tagged @Jamie to address this next time she's on the forum.
 
I’m having to check with our IT Director. It’s the first time we’ve had someone make this type of change in their Insiders Club account, so I’m not exactly sure how it works. I’ll let you know if he can initiate this change for you (from 3 months to 1 month) or if you need to wait until it expires and then register again.
 
@ACIM … please let me know if you are still having problems with your BoneSmart account.
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom