TKR Acceptance and Understanding<

We will be with you every step of the way, in spirit if not in person!
 
I’m going sneaker shopping Sunday. I need to know the best brand/style I should look for knee replacement people like me.
 
There is no best, only what is best for you. I personally wear a pair of Nike Air Essential sneakers and seem to live in my All Birds sneaks (made of wool, breathable, comfy). Others will come by with their faves.

We also have a Social Room where we talk about our favorite shoes! https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/shoes-for-recovery.42383/
 
Six months after RTKR and my knee still feels stiff when I walk. . Is it because I truly haven’t been able to walk normally because of my left knee issues? I have a limp because of my left knee. This is frustrating.
 
Many of us have that stiff feeling for even longer than 6 months. We are not yet fully healed at 6 months.
 
Stiffness is truly individual. A few people manage to have very little early on, but it's more common to hear of some stiffness lingering for longer periods. This recovery takes a full year, so give your stiffness some time. :)
 
I complained about stiffness for months. As time goes on it'll be less and less and then you'll finally realize it gone! But, that months down the road! Enjoy your less pain in the meantime!
 
@Celle could you please change my thread title. I’m still in postop for RTKR but having LTKR on April 4. I’m kinda in the middle of two phases. Not sure where I belong. Lol! Thanks :chinstroke::whistle::shrug:
 
Needhope, your experience almost mirrors mine, except that two months after TKR, I suffered a ruptured appendix and Periotonitis and had to have emergency surgery which I’m still recovering from. That put my knee recovery on the back burner. Four months post TKR and I am frustrated daily. We just have to hang in there and let time pass.
 
@Needhope - I'll change your thread title when you tell me what you'd like it to be. It's a good idea to choose something that will last for a while, but will cover both knees.

You can keep on posting here, and talk about both knees in this thread. Although you could have a separate thread for each knee, that's often a bit difficult, as you'd need to jump from thread to thread.
 
What happens if I get fired after I’ve had this second TKR and I can’t find a job? Has anyone experienced this scenario? I’m starting to get worried. And I’m second guessing my decision to have it done. I worry a lot.
 
My apologies to everyone here on Bonesmart for my constant posts. I’m just very scared. I’ve been through this before so I know what I’m getting myself into. I wish there was one magic word to ease my anxiety. I guess I think of you all as co-pilots and friends I can talk to. My sister is very sick, my Mom almost died a few years ago from an abdominal aeortic anyurism and she’s frail. So this is my outlet to vent my worries, questions, thoughts. I’ll try not to do so much of it anymore. You are all great, and very patient. God Bless. :prayer:
 
@Mutti3 yes. I had it for 3 1/2 months in September for my first TKR. I had it this year in Jan until recently when the paperwork was slow to get updated from surgeon office. I’m waiting for my case to be reopened. Hopefully within this week.
 
@Needhope - We're here to support you in any way we can. Don't feel that you can't post your worries. We understand. Lots of people use BoneSmart to vent, when they can't express it anywhere else - and it's OK to do that. :console2: :friends:
 
I hope it all works out for you. I used 8 weeks of my short term disability. I didn’t get approved until after surgery. I hope you are approved before surgery to ease your mind.
 
So I bought my new sneakers. After trying on many brands/styles, I opted for Sketchers FlexAppeal 2.0 with memory foam. They were the most comfortable among all I tried. Also got new socks and undies. That’s all I need. Lol!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom