Guest viewing is limited

TKR Acceptance and Understanding<

@ATHIKER i won’t be making any nieve mistakes this time around. I’m in control and that’s that!
@Beckadeez Thank you that means a lot. That call button will be getting a work out if needed. Lol!

Sometimes I’m a little too nice and don’t like to hurt feelings or put people out of their way when it comes to asking for help. But I need to take the reins on my care and rehab. Bonesmart truly has educated me and given me a voice I never knew I had.
 
My friend had his TKR on Wednesday. Since then, he had a fainting episode his bp was 60/?. The following day, he vomited and bp again went low as well as 94 degree temperature. I spoke to him yesterday, he was on his second round of blood transfusions. He was only expected to be in hospital one night. It’s going on his third. I’m getting nervous and thinking of canceling mine. Maybe I’ll be ok dealing with a bad knee. Not being able to squat, crunchy subluxing kneecap, walking improperly really isn’t the worst thing in the world.
 
I’m sorry your friend is having some post-op problems. Thing like low blood pressure and nausea are something we hear about on here because they happen often enough to not be rare, though most people don’t have them. What’s good —if there is a good to such things— is that your friend is in the perfect place for handling his problems, and also that they are most likely going to be temporary.

Many people are in the hospital for extra days. My mother was in for four. She had a small problem, so they kept her an extra couple of days. She went home and recovered without further setbacks.

If you’re thinking of canceling your surgery due to anxiety over your friend, take some deep breaths and think about that. Your knee isn’t going to get any better, only worse, and you have a date. You’re in good health for a surgery now. Remember your reasons for having the surgery. :console2: I hope you feel more confident soon!
 
@SusieShoes Ive got wayyyyy too much time for thinking. I just want it over. Everything seems to be taking to long. And yes, I’m worried about my friend. I took a few deep cleansing breaths, and will have to remind myself to keep doing that otherwise I’ll get overwhelmed with my thoughts. I’m so scared. I just want this over.
 
Oh my lord... yesterday was Good Friday! And I ate meat! My days have blended together. I’m going to Hell for sure now.
 
I remember just before my surgery thinking that the only thing I wanted in the whole wide world at that moment was not world peace, or a cure for cancer, but for my surgery to be over and all the anxiety and pain to be behind me. Then I could move forward.

You do have a nice holiday to enjoy with your daughters and granddaughter. For today and tomorrow focus on that. :flwrysmile: And after the holiday, you can figure out something else to focus on, like the wonderful things you will be able to do later this summer.
 
Thank you Susie. Being able to talk to someone who understands and has great insights on life is precious to me.
 
Oh my lord... yesterday was Good Friday! And I ate meat! My days have blended together. I’m going to Hell for sure now.

People who are recovering from surgery have an exemption from the no meat rule. :) I asked our family priest about that. This might be a case where a year-long recovery from TKR is a good thing.
 
Susie I’ve never heard of that rule but I believe you.:good-bad:
 
Before my surgery I just about drove myself crazy with the 'what ifs'. It had my tummy in knots and my blood pressure up. Once it was over with, I had a sigh of relief and that blood pressure dropped 20 points! I knew there would be pain, but the 'what ifs' didn't happen. Most of the time they don't! And even if they do, you're in the best place you could be!

I’m going to Hell for sure now.
God said all food is good for consumption in Mark 17:18-22! Besides, God knows exactly what you are going through and is there for you to rest on His shoulders.
 
@sistersinhim Gods shoulders have had my head rested on them for quite awhile, more often lately. I couldn’t get through this without him. Sometimes I need a reminder and assurance from everyone that listens. Thank you
 
We are here to help as much as we can. God is there all the time! He has always carried me all through my life and he does you, too! God bless you!
 
@Celle @sistersinhim @SusieShoes Your support throughout everything has been nothing short of a miracle in itself. I never would have ever thought there are people out there who genuinely care and to take the time out of your own lives to be there when others truly need them has more meaning than will ever be able to be repayed. There aren’t enough Thank you’s Imaginable that I personally can ever say. :friends:
 
Yesterday I think I overdid it. I moved the couch. My Rtkr is ok but my left knee is swollen and keeps buckling when I walk. The left is the one I’m getting replaced on weds. Should I be worried about the extra damage I may have done? Will it complicate the replacement? I can’t ice elevate today I’m going to my daughters for Easter.
Happy Easter everyone.
 
I don’t know what to say about your left knee, but yay for the right knee that it held up well! That’s encouraging as it will have to be the stronger one for a while after your left is replaced. It looks like it’s going to handle that fine! :yahoo:
 
Don’t worry about any damage (probably nothing new), you just have a very bad knee). The surgery will deal with the knee whatever is going on.

Surely you can put your leg up and ice at your daughter’s? Even a pack of frozen peas or corn would do the job. You’d be so much more comfortable if you could do this.
 
I’m extra emotional right now. Spoke briefly with my friend who just had TKR on Wednesday. He went home yesterday. History of heart bypass 2x. He’s having a rough time with BP and oxygen levels. The one person who was available to me by phone when I needed him my last TKR, is needing my support now. I’m trying my best. I’m trying to comfort him while counting down the last few days before my other TKR. I just cried my eyes out like a baby. I don’t want to go through this again but I have no option. My left knee is deteriorating day by day. I’m living a nightmare and wish to god I could wake up. Ill sister, fragile mother, lost brother, the list goes on. I’m just getting numb and kinda don’t want to feel anything until this is over. God, where are you? Please give me strength from somewhere so I can feel like a human again. Protect my family, just give me Strength! Please!
 
Just remember that God never moves away from us, we move away from Him. He knows what you are going through and is there with you. Try to take your eyes off of those circumstances and put them on the Him. He will give you peace. Grab the Bible and read some Psalms. Turn on some praise or worship music. I am praying for your peace of mind and your family situation. You are NEVER alone. God is always there and someone is always right here on Bonesmart for you. God bless you, dear lady.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom