Guest viewing is limited

TKR Acceptance and Understanding<

Thank you all so very much for such great support and friendship. Hugs to you all!
 
Agree 100 % with early am schedule. Easy parking, no one around, Well rested surgical team. I arrived at the hospital 5:30am for a 7:30 surgery. I will take that thought one step further, I wouldn’t schedule elective surgery during the holiday time!
 
I will be thinking of you tomorrow morning and am glad you can get it done early.
 
Be sure and post as soon as you can tomorrow. You'll have a lot of people waiting to hear from you!
 
I hope your surgery went well and your pain is in check. Saying a prayer for you.
 
Pain. Oh the pain. I’m home now. Couldn’t see correctly to write you all.i really hate this knee replacement poop. Physical therapy was unfair collective ROM numbers. 84/0 she pushed on my knee. I wanted to say back off sista! I was too drugged up. Am now too because @7amest was the tablets hi-fiving each other on the slope to my stomach. The only time they gave me welll mentioning iv injection was yesterday early am because pain was awful. I was approximately 112/? Bp-wise. Morphine! That’s the ticket foe relief. I was home by 4pmest and trying to navigate my way to the couch. I’m very sleepy so off I go for more zzzzzz’s. Selfadminiting im definitely no spring chicken. I’m one of the old chickens past its prime and have been put in the refrigerator unit with all the rest of those used for chicken soup only! After I snooze a bit I need to reread this because I’m sure it’s not making any sense. Lololol Ole! Barkeep, a round of drinks for all my Bonesmart friends and family! Hugs to you all, and pray for this old bird who keeps nodding off mid sentence.
 
I’m so glad you are home!!!! Hugs and prayers for you!
 
Home is the best and safest place for you. No one will bother you when you want to sleep or tell you what to eat, and you can treat your new knee to whatever movement you and it want. We’re all pulling for you and praying for your recovery!
 
Yesterday I was able to lift my left leg without assistance. Today, it doesn’t want to budge unless I use my hand to help. Ugh! Do you think because the femoral nerve block injections wore off?
 
Don’t worry, that ability will come back.

Do you have someone staying with you?
 
It could be that. It could be anything. I had two knees done, right? Well, the first day, I could lift both. Later that night, I could only lift one. The next morning... I could lift the other one, but not the one that worked the first night! What the...? Anyway, a day later I could lift both again and they never acted up again. It could have been that my nerve block wore off. It could have been my brain temporarily lost its connection with a nerve. It could have been the meds, or the way the stars aligned that day. :shrug:
 
I had my 3rd knee surgery on March 26, all in 9 months.
I have received many words of wisdom and encouragement from caring and knowledgeable people on this site.
Fortunately, I had minimal pain for the first 1-2 days after surgery, but when I got home, the knee really increased in pain and swelling. My ROM bilaterally is still less than 100 degrees.
I expressed this to encourage you, and to ditto the advice, of resting plenty, along with ice, elevation,and pain meds, and trying not to expect much from the knee for many weeks or months. I have finally settled in to the likely scenario that it may take 1-2 years before I feel closer to normal.
People here are very patient, and had to remind me several times.
Too much exercise really can set you back.
Your new knee is the boss now, and rebels against any abuse. Suffering can last for days.
Everyone here has an interesting story to tell, and you can learn a lot from them.
 
@Jockette im alone most of the day. But giving tomorrow is sat/Sunday my daughter will be home all weekend. Hip Hip Hooray! @SusieShoes my knee has definitely puffed up since yesterday. But in walking around with my walker more often here than in hospital.
@kayow11 My knee felt better yesterday, was able to lift it with quad, now it feels dead.
 
Don’t worry your quad will wake up! Elevate, ice and more ice. Rest , sleep in between naps! Your body’s job is to heal and recovery. My thought and actions during those very early day ,it didn’t matter if it was day or night. Time on a clock was meaningless, only when it was time to take my pain medication was time meaningful.
 
I’m glad you’re not totally alone. Some alone time during the day would be a good thing for me, though!

I would think your knee/leg is going to vary with swelling. It’s only days old, freshly traumatized, and upset. You know from last time it didn’t stay like this.

We’ll get through this!!! :console2:
 
my knee has definitely puffed up since yesterday. But in walking around with my walker more often here than in hospital.
Your first sentence is the reason for the second sentence. You know well the routine. Ice and elevate every time you sit or lay down. That will help to keep that swelling down!
 
200am and my. Knee now dictates my sleep or lack of. Nothing Is touching the pain and it continues to pufff up along with pain intensity. I’m maxed out with pills in my system that the prescription alloWs.

:cry:I’m never doing this ever again!
 
I was prescribed Hydrcodone-Acedaminophen (Norco) 1-2 tabs every 4 hours, Qty20 of them. I’m trying only to take 1 ev 4 hrs. Surgeon office is against prescribing anymore that that. I if you do the math, that’s only 2 days of prescription pain killer if I take the 2tabs per every 4 hours, right? Or wrong? 20 tbs isn’t enough to get me through the rough part post-op. Maybe my math is off because I’m sooo stinking tired and in pain. :bawl:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom