TKR Acceptance and Understanding<

I also found out my surgeon uses Smith & Whatever the other name is.
 
So I’m going to have a matched pair
 
I think it’s Smith and Nephew. If so, that’s what mine is. I didn’t know that until I read my operative report.
 
That’s a great plan!! We’ll be pulling for you. Try to enjoy the Holiday with your family. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.
 
It would be interesting to see how they came up with that name. Maybe I’ll google it.
 
Need hope I go in on the 9th of April for my left. Before I hurt the quad I didn't have any qualms but now I'm nervous about it. The quad is better but the knee swells up if I'm just on it for a little while.
 
Need hope I go in on the 9th of April for my left. Before I hurt the quad I didn't have any qualms but now I'm nervous about it. The quad is better but the knee swells up if I'm just on it for a little while.

That's the right tkr that swells
 
@ATHIKER so you had rtkr Jan 11 and going for LTKR on April 9th? Oh my. How has your right progressed? Is it strong and stable? My right was done in September, and only in the past week it seems to feel like it’s stronger.
 
@ATHIKER so you had rtkr Jan 11 and going for LTKR on April 9th? Oh my. How has your right progressed? Is it strong and stable? My right was done in September, and only in the past week it seems to feel like it’s stronger.

My right was going great until two weeks ago I pulled my quad It is healing but it have more swelling when I'm up on it now. I think it will be able to carry the load just have to take it easy. This way I'm hopeful I can hike by fall.
 
@ATHIKER I have no doubt you’ll accomplish your timeline. Since I’ve lived in CT my entire life, and loved hiking on different trails throughout, I’ve been on parts of the Appalachian many times. Of course probably just by chance with no intention of ever hiking the entire trail. I may have stepped in your footsteps somewhere during my 52 years. My knees always ruled and controlled what I was able to do however. One “not so fair” memory was when I was with a bunch of friends. I was around 18 yrs old. We were hiking up a mountain in NY state, it was a 4 hour hike to the top. The view at the top was supposedly soooo beautiful, and I was looking forward to the beauty. Well, about 3 1/2 hours into the hike, my knee dislocated. I popped it back in, so, I sat on a rock, while the rest of my friends continued on, they saw the beautiful summit, came back later on to help me down the mountain. I never got a chance to enjoy the well anticipated beautiful view that they spoke to me about. That was depressing. So.. my knees were always in control and set their limits. I could say, hiking was one of my favorite things in life. Nature is heaven to me. Someday, I’ll be able to take those little hikes again, but certainly not to the extent that an avid hiker like you can accomplish. You are amazing and I know you’ll be back out trekking through heaven once again! Hugs.
 
It sounds like your new knees will be better for hiking than your old knees were. You might get to hike up to that summit yet. :) Just see where they will take you.
 
OH MY GOD I DONT WANT TO GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN!! :bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:
 
I don’t either, I know just how you feel!
:console2::bawl::console2:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom