Guest viewing is limited

TKR Acceptance and Understanding<

Needhope. You can do this. God is with you. You need to be well and walking with confidence to work in supporting your loved ones. This knee replacement is a gift from God to you and your family I feel so very fortunate to be having this next surgery in July and living in this Century. I am taking this year with 2 tkrs to improve my quality of life for me and those around me. My youngest granddaughter sat on my knee this weekend. Oh my how lucky am I. My mother died young and never got to hold a grand baby. With the shock and anxiety that is ongoing for you I hope you find a picture looking forward to find space on those new knees for your granddaughter and others to come.
You are in the right place at the right time. It is a gift. Lots of love here on bonesmart for you.
Btw I find keeping my hands busy slows my anxious mind. Do you knit crochet sew or scrap book? I have been sorting photos in my rest up times.
Kind regards
Kathryn
 
Last edited:
Have faith, @Needhope. The support provided in this forum reminds me of the lyrics to a Rory Cooney song we sing at mass, Jerusalem My Destiny. You aren't alone on this journey. As the song says -
"I have fixed my eyes on your hills,
Jerusalem, my Destiny!
Though I cannot see the end for me,
I cannot turn away.
We have set our hearts for the way;
this journey is our destiny.
Let no one walk alone.
The journey makes us one."
 
Praying for strength for you! These few days before your surgery must seem very long.
 
Good morning. I’m keeping it together just a moment at a time today. I’m usually alone majority of the day until my daughter gets home in evening but I have her 2 dogs to talk to. They seem to know when my anxiety goes up because they lay next to me. Im waiting for a phone call from hospital to find out what time I’m supposed to be at hospital tomorrow. I wish the dang phone would ring. I’ve got my laundry done and somewhat organized with clothes and such on main floor where I’ll be staying until I can conquer the stairs and sleep in my own bed. I changed my sheets yesterday, for what? Lol. I think just to stay busy. I have more apprehension this time compared to my RTKR back in September. I wish I could forget the procedure and process. Ignorance is Bliss in my case. @sistersinhim thank you for checking in on me. I appreciate it immensely.
 
We’re all thinking of you!

You know what to do and what not to do. Knowledge is power! :console2:
 
Why don’t you bake some brownies and then freeze them individually wrapped so you can have a yummy snack when you get home.
 
I feel frozen with fear right now. I wish I could get myself to do anything. I don’t want to even take a shower. I will later though because I have to wash my leg with hibiclens (however that’s spelled). I’m watching Let’s make a deal to preoccupy my brain.
 
You will be just fine! I guess ignorance is bliss. I didn’t become frozen with fear until the early morning of surgery, when I took my shower. Completely understand, but once you get to the hospital your fear will settle down. Just have to managed it today. I Pray you will have an easy surgery and recovery.
 
I'm praying for you, Needhope. When I think about my second TKR planned for May, I just remind myself that I'm fortunate that the body part that is giving me problems is a replaceable part. It's a part that can be bought and doesn't have to come from another person. I try to look forward to the things I'll be able to do after recovery, and I tell myself I'll know better how to handle things the second time around. I like Jockette's suggestion of baking and freezing brownies. I'll definitely do that the next time around. Wishing for God's peace and comfort to you.
 
just remind myself that I'm fortunate that the body part that is giving me problems is a replaceable part.
I did think of this. I also have arthritis in my neck and spine and those are not replaceable.
 
Ok all I got the call. Tomorrow at 5:45 est I need to be at hospital. It’s getting real :boohoo: I’ve been up since 5 this morning and I don’t foresee much sleep in my future. Why was I chosen to go through this hell again sooo soon. I don’t want those nerve block needles shoved in my thigh. I refuse spinal block. I do not want a catheter in my lady region, didn’t have it last time. I think I know too much now compared to last time which, for me,, makes it scarier. If only I had a horse.... :horseriding: or :kayak:
Ugh!!
 
During the night after my surgery they had to put a catheter into me. The nurse was so nice, apologetic and gentle. Well I agreed right away with that option as I couldn’t urinate and it was uncomfortably accumulating! It was over quickly and they took it out and I felt so much better!
 
Early morning is the best! Less traffic going to the hospital. Easy parking in a nearly empty lot. Your surgeon and the medical team are well-rested, all bright-eyed and bushy tailed and happy to see you. :SUNsmile: They’ve had coffee! They are good to go. Same with your recovery team. Still fresh at the start of the day. Also, the first surgery of the day is less likely to get delayed—no surgeries ahead of yours!

I’ll send you positive thoughts and energy for the rest of the day, and hold you in prayers tomorrow.
 
I agree with Susie. I requested the first surgery of the day and I had to be there at 5:30am. But, I did have the sedation and block. I violently throw up after having a general. I also had the catheter and was glad. When I have an IV drip in, I have to 'go' about every 15 to 20 minutes. My roommate couldn't believe how fast that bag filled up! I was glad I didn't have to get up and go to the bathroom that often!

My prayers are with you. Tomorrow, this time, it'll all be over with! What a relief that will be. Once I got to the hospital that morning, things happened so fast, I had little time to be afraid! It will go that fast for you, too!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom