THR A new world..there better be coffee

@zauberflöte Wet knitting needed a comma!

Water to dring and nice dry sock wool!
Yes we have a/c . Nobody has central air but mini split heat pumps are common
Essentially walk units that use external ductwork to supply heat or a/c
The ductwork is well hidden
Yah we are getting soft!
 
Hi @mainegirl1 Wow, so you had a wet bed and some pain but you are still quite witty on your thread. Glad to see the updates. I actually am a fan of the ?Fitbit or iWatch or any step counter, for now it's helping keep me from overdoing it! From the first week post op I was racking up too many steps. like 6,000 and up.

I've done a lot better if I pay attention and put the brakes on. In fact, after my husband's heart scare we both now have the iWatch for the added heart info.
Keep up on the pain, I haven't had a chance to hear how difficult my hip was to get loose but my muscles have told me the story. over and over!
 
We’re also big fans of Fitbits and have been using them for years. Except me because when I turned 70 I switched out the Fitbit and got myself an Apple Watch for my birthday and I adore it! Both the heart notifications and the sleep tracking are great features out of many wonderful uses.

I hope you’re getting the meds you need and are sleeping some tonight.
 
I am not trying to be brave. Dilaudid , recliner, water needed tonite.
Walker nearby
i can walk steady unassisted but the PA said just cause I could doesn't mean I should.
I gather the first week is a bummer
 
Hi my double hippy friend.
Doing it just the right way, I see:ok:
Glad to know you are all out of hips to fix, on your way to well.
Healing hugs×××
 
@Mojo333
I do have another natural hip; its my right leg that has two implants
This AM my back and knee hurt. I know the knee reports first when the hip is hurting. When the knee is happy the hip is too. The knee is fine structurally
Poor hubby; I like rhe recliner. Nap time again
 
:banghead: oh my stars...forgot it was your knee and these getting old eyes are begging for me to get my readers:heehee: Sorry.
:mcoffee: coffee pot just burped...so think I'll sharpen my senses before I pop around and check on the rest of the hippys.
Hoping your hip twin, Supersonic, gets some of your good mojo going too.
 
My pain was due to the recliner. At 4 am I had to make some lumbar adjustments( pillow arranging) and after I visited the bathroom for relief ( some out and 1 Dilaudid in) it was back off to nod land. Got 6 hours solid sleep in and two off and on)

Daughter cooked my breakfast . had three cups of coffee got dressed, made shopping list and put laundry away and then the PT and MD advice kicked in " Just cause you can doesn't mean you should" I put all the laundry away with no canoe or walker . I can walk steady unassisted but that is not good for my new hip yet.

Nap time..Mu ice bag is in my pocket.. This works for some folks with pants with pockets and the right hip approach.
Daughter also installed tennis balls on walker. The screech on the hardwood floors was quite irritating.
 
It's good to hear you're doing well and you've got family there to keep you using the walker. My pain level was so intense I was barely able to walk with the walker. It's great to hear your pain level is within reason. My back started to ache while I was in my recliner for I think 3 weeks sleeping. Keep up the good progress, stay ahead of the pain you're doing great. :wave:
 
Just cause you can doesn't mean you should" I put all the laundry away with no canoe or walker . I can walk steady unassisted but that is not good for my new hip yet.

Right and right on both counts. You have the head knowledge, now just apply it and sit your self down with a big old ice pack :ice: You're officially on "the list" were watching you :skep:
Enough said :heehee: :wink:
@mainegirl1
 
Last edited:
And what's a canoe? Beside the kind you float in?
Was that a typo and supposed to be "cane"?
 
@mainegirl1 yes indeed we are watching you!:eyebrows:
Glad you've found the source of the back pain. I am very good at fixing up all kinds of seating with proper back support, so I'm glad you made arrangements.

Off topic but relevant. A family member your age had bilateral knees about 2.5 years ago. This past winter she took up climbing with one of her teenage grandkids, and in the spring sent us a video of her first trapeze flight :yikes: about 9,000 feet above the floor of the gym. This could be you! (Not getting me up there no sirreebob!!!!)
 
And what's a canoe? Beside the kind you float in?
Was that a typo and supposed to be "cane"?
I have 17 of them. Canoes. Freudian slip.. Yes in this case cane was the intention. I am not feeling too fogged and can do Sudoku but I can't type in any mental state on the phone.

Bought two pots of chrysanthemums and sailed around the grocery again. Noticed that Werthers has Pumpkin Spice Caramels.. Isn't it a bit early for that nonsense?

I iced while shopping.. Pack fits in my pocket which is over the incision.
Can I add " Just because you can does not mean you should" to my signature.

OK off to exercise and Tylenol.. I am not sleepy but promise to nest
 
Auto correct killed my early days in recovery communication as evident by my thread.:kayak:
Assume the position, @mainegirl1 :ice:
All the energy you put into getting your chores done can go to healing.

Plenty of time for you to get back to self sufficient.
We know you are have a trip planned, and want you healthy and happy soon.
Healing hugs...:friends:
 
@mainegirl1 You’ve been holding out on us preop! Now we see your sassy self :) Pumpkin nonsense in August, indeed! 17 canoes, really?! SEVENTEEN? For one Maine girl? There’s gotta be a story there, somewhere...I love picturing you “have ice pack will travel.” Clever girl.
 
Happy new hip, @mainegirl1! Hope your recovery is smooth.
PS Belated Happy Birthday from a sister Leo (mine was Aug4)
 
Today is not a travel day.. Today is a Netflix and patio day with ice tea with little umbrellas. It will be warm

We live on the water. I used to teach canoeing. As I do have a husband and we also paddle on the ocean two craft are kayak and three others are expedition craft.. The rest are solo boats.
Not falling for the Pumpkin Spam. There is such a thing. I apologize if you have yet to eat breakfast or are at lunch
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom