THR A new world..there better be coffee

Happy 50th anniversary! You hip has done well and that if great! You have a good mind set for keeping things moving.

Hoping to see some recipe talk in the social room, you and ceezee have some great ones to share! It's helpful for people cooped up and battling whatever in their recovery journey.
 
Hee hee First snow and I played on the slippery deck with dog : throwing snowballs etc
He banged into me and I slid and:
Nothing Hurt!
So take heart those of you in the early days it really gets good
Speaking of recipes I mamaged to leap out of a chair and run as my chicken fat rendering started to smoke. All is well. I can move when required!
Stairs are still a thought issue I am afraid of tripping going up and my op side quad doesnt seem to fire or the muscle seem to contract as fast . I do go foot over foot but the op side hauls up slowly
Im not using a handrail or aid. The seven inch steps are a the issue not the landscape steps which are 4 or 5 inches. Down is not a problem once I get started The head game engages on top but by the time I hit the bottom 6 stairs I am not using any handrail and am trotting down like my teenage grandkids!
Thank you all for your anniversary greetings!
 
Happy first snow! Your dog sounds as big as my dog. I sometimes wonder if he has helped make my muscles stronger.
Its encouraging to know you can feel spry in an emergency, and your muscles can withstand a slide From a big dog.
Maybe those muscles and tendons are still healing when it comes to the taller stairs? I am sure you will get there in time.
Last winter was so warm, no snow removal was needed. If we are getting Arctic blasts this soon before winter, I think it may be a snowier winter.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom