THR A new world..there better be coffee

What a great save by ceezee! I'm sure you are much happier with the computer. Phones are ok for a short while but I have waaaay too many typos when using my phone.
Sorry that your cold is hanging on like an unwanted tick. bleh!

Hopefully you found a good book and are reading and resting,.
 
I, too, hope that rotten cold is easing a bit, @mainegirl1 . They are never much fun, but particularly with the lovely fall weather I am sure many would prefer to be out and about rather than holing up at home with books, tissues and cold meds. My husband I just got over 'em last week and I was very grateful. You take care of yourself!
 
@CricketHip I noticed in one of your post a month ago, that you were having issues with your iliopsoas and rectus femoris. I believe I am having these issues also but not sure. Any time I do anything but walk, I have pain in my upper thigh to the left of my incision. Always when I lift my knee or bend over. I am 8 and 1/2 weeks. How long before you quit having that pain? Thanks
 
The only thing that loosens my thigh is when I run my running massage stick over that area. But it only loosens temporarily.
 
Good Afternoon :wave: (almost...in a couple mins) @mainegirl1
I hope your cold is breaking and your head is feeling clearer this morning.
We have sunshine here today after rain all day yesterday, but there is a chill in the air at 55F. With any luck you're feeling well enough to enjoy some time away from home....at least I hope. :fingersx:
Enjoy the day!
 
We have to clean up the yard. I am taking a break from blowing acorns into the woods. It is warm enough now; but at 24 degrees this morning the garden is mostly dead.
It is warmer today (55 ) than yesterday ! We have to get cleaning done before weather turns cold. The snows now are about 50 miles north.

And I am going to make bread. The first time I will ever make bread the UK way.. Yes measure by weight not volume! This kitchen scale thing and thermometers I hope the bread is edible; not looking to be on the Great British Baking Show.
 
24 degrees! Snow 50 miles north!
Maybe I don't like Maine that much after all.
That's a fib...I truly love Maine, at least in the Summer.

Fresh baked bread sounds delish. Wish I could say I ENJOY cooking rather than doing it out of necessity. Hope your bread turns out yummy even if it's not award worthy.
@mainegirl1
 
And I am going to make bread. The first time I will ever make bread the UK way.. Yes measure by weight not volume! This kitchen scale thing and thermometers I hope the bread is edible; not looking to be on the Great British Baking Show.
Once you switch to weights you’ll never go back!

So much easier, especially with baking where it really matters. Now when I look at cookbooks if it doesn’t have weights I usually don’t buy it. Or even with recipes in the internet.
 
To go with homemade pea soup and apple pie for dessert( sprinkled with maple sugar)
Pea soup is so good with smoked ham hocks;an under appreciated meat
You all come over!
Thanks to new hip kitchen mayhem again possible!
 
I want dinner at your house @mainegirl1
Yum!
Wish I could say I ENJOY cooking rather than doing it out of necessity. Hope your bread turns out yummy even if it's not award worthy.
My award winning dish
[Bonesmart.org] A new world..there better be coffee
 
La Be Nae We Nae :eeeuw:

Hope you enjoyed your Pea Soup with ham hocks and Apple Pie for dessert @mainegirl1
Have a lovely Monday!
 
Yum, I love split pea soup but never make it except once annually, right after Easter, the only time I buy a big ham for dinner and then use the bone, broth and bits of ham to make the soup. I will have to see if there are ham hocks in the store, however, if those work well. You are quite the accomplished chef, @mainegirl1 and I bet you're getting a lot of exercise moving around the kitchen with your fabulous new hips! Love apple pie, too, but no way would I bake a whole pie as nobody here to eat it except me and hubby, and he can be disciplined about desserts, and I can't. You'll have great leftovers for a couple of days, how nice. Enjoy--and happy Monday!
 
Good Morning and a Happy Tuesday to you, MaineGirl :)
You're often going on an adventure or whipping up something yummy in the kitchen. What's on the day planner or menu for today?
My hubs is working late tonite, so fend for myself. Yay! :happydance: My fave after years of putting meals on the table out of necessity.
Hope your hip is feeling strong and it's sunny and bright in your neck of the woods. Have a good one!
@mainegirl1
 
I'm going to the oncologist.
Checkup
And grocery store
And then helping bring in a dock. Or at least supervising
No cooking ! My fridge runneth over with leftovers
Leftovers are good:yes!:

Hip is strong. Rode stationary bike at medium resistance yesterday 20 min
No hip sass
 
Last edited:
Yet another busy day for you, I see, @mainegirl1 Lots going on for you, and you're able to do all that even with bike riding the day before. You are making such excellent progress! And can appreciate the concept of "fridge runneth over with leftovers" so you don't have to cook. We are on day three of leftovers and I think it's probably time for me to bestir myself and think of something. But then I remember that today is a "happy hour" meal while granddaughter is in her ballet lesson--so huge sigh of relief, and put off cooking thoughts until tomorrow! Have a great day!
 
Best of luck to you with your visit to the oncologist today.
May you leave there happy and reassured.

Yay for leftovers and no hip sass! Both sound good to me.
@Mainegirl
 
Good Morning @mainegirl1
Are the leaves peaking there yet? If not, I'll bet soon...
Definitely on my bucket list to visit New England in the Fall one of these years.
After all, who does Fall foliage better? Right?
Hope the hips are feeling strong today.
Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday! :wave:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom