Guest viewing is limited

THR A new world..there better be coffee

I am wondering since I am
unmedicated at night if I assume weird postures and cramped my feet
I do tale magnesium and that has settled the cramping in calf tendency.
Maybe I am dealing with nighttime pain and some Tylenol is called for
The foot pain almost all disappeared as I was loading the trailer for camping and I was able to climb not only the RV stairs bad leg first( been Years since O cpuld do that) I also climbed 15 stairs at a good clip
foot over foot with no handrail used
Been a long time
I guess we all have mystery pains
And those steps were pt for today
 
Hi there, @mainegirl1 sorry to read of the newest problem with your foot, although I'm inclined to agree with @ahipgma--I seldom give any thought to pain below the waist anymore, and those sharp stabbing sensations or weird aching around my knee or whatever--just part of the healing process, I've decided. Of course, if it was sustained and really awful pain, I'd be on the phone to the OS but I think a lot of what I experience personally is just these hips settling in and trying to establish a "new normal" in terms of my lower body. Having said that, I hope you are feeling better by day's end.
 
Weird.. Pain free this morning. Not much stiffness
Was the Pain Co having a convention in my foot before exiting ? Or will they be back.

Hopefully it was an isolated incident. Great to hear it's gone.
Have a nice evening and Thursday.

When are you off to camp? Will you be checking in for lectures? :rotfl:
 
Despite a lot of steps 12000 yesterday I slept like the proverbial log.
9 hours!!
Seems my energy drain is gone though it might pop up again
I never sleep well sitting around

Hip? What hip? I see the OS next week and on to PT for snowshoeing and skiing.
On to walking around Hadlock Pond today on one of Acadias many carriage roads
 
We usually go up to Acadia every year for a week but this year it got cancelled. It’s such a beautiful place and we rent a cottage on the other side from the Park. We bring the dog and have a blast. I so envious of your ability to easily go canoeing. I grew up in Minnesota and was never far from water and some kind of boat. After moving here I convinced my husband (who’s from Philly) it would be fun to go canoe camping. So every year we’d go to up to the Algonquin Provincial Park or even drive to Minnesota and go to the BWCA for a week. We both had stressful jobs and it was such a great reset. You beat me by a long shot with the number of canoes...we have 4. Who knows how many I’d end up with if I lived where you do…more than 4 I’m sure.

I’m hoping to do some canoeing when we go up to Quebec Providence later in October. We’re staying at a great place on a lake for 5 days. I wonder if I should bring my paddle. I have a beautiful handmade one that is perfect. We’re driving so I might as well throw it in the back of the car.

I’m really glad you’ve started sleeping well again. I think you’re catching up on the sleep you lost earlier and there’s not much better!
 
6500 steps so far today Walked to a couple of waterfalls on stone roads
Next challenge. Hiking trails. I was tempted today but stayed good
@ceezee The fall colors are early so I hope they hang on for your trip.
We will move our canoe trip to next Fri as i do want to photograph the colors. We have them at home but I still want to travel
 
@mainegirl1 Visited your beautiful Maine and Acadia NP a few years ago. Gorgeous place! Enjoy hearing about and picturing in my mind the places and activities in which your are engaging. You certainly don't let the proverbial grass grow under your feet. The best to you in your continued recovery.
 
As always, @mainegirl1 your check-ins always are so upbeat and reflective of both your adventurous spirit as well as your tenacity and commitment to returning to all the activities you love--hurray for you. As I've mentioned before, living in suburbia does not provide opportunities for the kind of adventures you report although I suppose I could drive to the mountains and get my fill of nature walks and hikes. Instead, I'll be hoofing it to the gym today at some point in addition to doing my PT exercises at home. Different strokes for different folks! But good news is we're all heading steadily along that recovery trail and life is looking up! Very exciting!
 
Hope you're feeling strong after your 6500 steps yesterday.
I can only imagine the beautiful scenery you're taking in. You'll definitely need to share a photo of natures beautiful display of color in picturesque New England.
Stay safe, enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!
@mainegirl1
 
Good morning, @mainegirl1 You have been up hours before me, I know, and probably already out there and doing something active. I am still in my PJs and bathrobe, doing a bit of BS before reluctantly throwing on some workout gear and doing PT exercises. May hit the gym later on with my workout buddy, and then a play this afternoon which should be fun, especially as I heard talk of going to a local happy hour after the play! Cheers, and have a great day!
 
We were camping for four days and now driving home via a pickle and sausage store and the grocer.
Sloth day. I have a wicked cold which is making me miserable.
Hip is just fine even with its nighttime romp in the dark
Doing knee to chest raises is car Cause ai can and I am bored! I couldnt do them
three weeks ago nor before surgery!
Going home to go to bed! Hopefully I can go to the big fair st Fryeburg tomorrow. Miles of walking possible but there are rest places
 
Ugh! Sorry to hear about your cold. I hope it's shortlived.
I just got over one myself. Hack, hack, hacked until my head hurt.
Didn't get one all last year so I guess I was making up for it. Better not be a sign of things to come for this season.
Feel better soon, Mainegirl!
@mainegirl1
 
You have a nasty cold and yet here you are already planning to get out and walk a gazillion miles today. You are one tough cookie, @mainegirl1 When I have a cold I want to hunker down in the house and be surly. Your attitude is probably more positive than mine, but do take care of yourself. I'd probably be curled up with a fuzzy blanket and tossing back cold medication every four hours in your situation. I hope you feel better soon.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom