THR A new world..there better be coffee

Good morning, @mainegirl1 Hope you're starting off the day well, with a less swollen knee this morning. Your "paint and sip" classes sound like a lot of fun to me. I have little in the way of artistic talent, but it still sounds like a pleasant way to spend a few hours on a Friday night. They had a "margaritas and painting" class near me last summer but I was preparing for hip #1 and not thinking it would be all that much fun to try. It was at one of those place where you paint pottery pieces and they fire them for you. I hope the new novel picks up a bit--sometimes you just have to gut out the beginning and then at some point you find yourself sucked into the narrative. Good luck with that, and hope you're feeling better today. Cheers!
 
@ahipgma I drove the Honda truck.. maybe tomorrow hot rod in our old Forester.. Its got a stick shift.. 1 We see very few Priuii (Priuseseses>) here.. lots of Subies.

@Barbaraj these classes are hardly for the talented.. Basically its one step above paint by number and stay in the lines..
You get to mix colors and by experimentation learn some technique.. I have a hard time getting neighbors to go ( what there are of them ) as they feel they are not talented enough. But really its just about letting loose.

I did take a formal art class in adult ed and was snowed as our first assignment was a gray scale study and our next was replicating part of a Van Gogh... Ugh that was not for me!
 
So annoyed. The hip doesnt hurt but the replaced knee acts as if it just had surgery which it didn't
Hurts and still swollen
Elevating 10 hours a day with ice. Knee still dark
 
I experienced the same @mainegirl1
Hopefully it eases soon. My didn't start hurting until I was over two weeks post op when some mild bruising appeared also.

Are your paint classes led in a way that everyone paints the same picture directed by an instructor?
That's the program here.
Have a good evening!
 
My bruising isnt mild but I am glad I am not alone @Layla
Dont know if the end of the femur at the knee is leaking blood which could be an irritant
I have been good the last two days and declined a ride in a ski boat as I wasnt sure of getting in or out! I am mindful of no twisting for four weeks. Uncemented implant
Yep everyone does the same painting but no two results look alike. That is part of the fun
No one winds up with a truly dumpster ready canvas!
 
Hope your knee feels better! No knee probs here( but of course I've not had a replacement) but the area above the knee can swell when I've been on my feet too long then the knee hurts, too, pressure probably. It dissipates noticeably after I've iced and elevated. The PA at the OS office today said your best day is sometimes followed by your worst day-- you feel great so you overdo, then you rest, rinse and repeat. She said full recovery takes a year. No kidding!
 
Welp, @mainegirl1, you’ve got company with knee pain, although I don’t have your spectacular bruising, I talked to the surgeon about it just before discharge, and he said he’d had some patients come out of surgery with a knee sprain, but not any long-term knee issues. I found his matter-of-fact response to be reassuring/refreshing, and I have been treating the knee as though it is sprained. Icing and elevation have been helping. I had anterior with the fancy table, which torques the knee a bit, and it was sore going in, so this isn’t a surprise. But I haven’t had a knee replacement for that joint, so I don’t have the same history as you do.

Sorry about this frustrating turn of events! Wish you had better explanations and a more effective treatment!
 
My bruising isnt mild but I am glad I am not alone @Layla

You're definitely not alone as it's a very common post op complaint and it's most often due to the knee
being manipulated rather aggressively in an effort to dislocate the hip. I often envision it being similar to cutting up a whole chicken. You know some of the wiggling and jiggling back forth than can involve. :heehee:
Rest, time and lots of icing will help.
Wishing you comfort @mainegirl1
 
Ick, @Layla, every time I read your comparison of surgery being similar to "cutting up a whole chicken" I get vaguely queasy! But, as always, your sound advice to ice, rest and be patient is the best.

You all have to paint the same thing, @mainegirl1? That would be hard as I'm sure comparisons among painters would be rampant and with zero artistic talent, mine would definitely be one of the lesser efforts. But still, with a glass of wine and some good chatter but evening's end I'm betting it would be fun. Hope that pesky knee is feeling better today. So glad that with all the twisting and torqueing required in surgery, my knees didn't take a beating and so far--knock on wood--are feeling stable, with no swelling or bruising post-surgery. Take it easy, exercise that patience muscle!
 
Hahaha! C'mon @Barbaraj have you never cut up a whole chicken? It's a good analogy, but certainly not a pleasant thought envisioning it happening to us while we're out cold. I've always wanted to ask Jo, privately, just how aggressive the process is but I'm quite sure I wouldn't like the answer. :heehee: THAT may make me queasy!
 
Oh I know the dislocation was rough.. The PA assisted in surgery and had to see a doctor himself afterward.. he threw out his back . I never thought it would be easy as they said they have not seen many acetabular cups that deep. But the extreme thigh pain abated and the knee pain still persists
I am using a cane still as I want to take long strides to engage the hip extensors.. Sitting and elevating does not do anything for them.
 
The PA assisted in surgery and had to see a doctor himself afterward.. he threw out his back .

Wow! He threw his back out in the process of dislocating your hip?
Upon hearing that, I don't know if it would make me laugh, or want to cry. Most likely the latter since you're suffering as a result of the process. I hope you find relief soon @mainegirl1
 
Distractions! Paint class was fun.. I walked about 25 percent more yesterday than days before.. My knee is very tight on the outside.. Not ITB tight.. its on the outside on the bottom of the knee. If I try to stretch I can feel it..
Little snickery niggle electrical shoots from the scar and a muscle below is complaining...
I think the knee is moving toward a more pastel slate floor shade.
 
If you google the insertions of the IT Band you will find that it goes to below the knee, inserts on your tibia.
A very common source of pain and soreness.
 
[Bonesmart.org] A new world..there better be coffee
Actually I found a nice illustration
 
Ohhh, I understand that completely. The rolling pin helps and no, you don't hit it , you roll it..:loll:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom