THR A new world..there better be coffee

Neither of my implants are cemented-- I dont think they do that much in North America anymore from what I read.
Hope now that you sorted thru what helps and what doesnt the rest of the week brings lots less pain and aggravation and lots more healing, hippy sis!
 
Good thing you checked about the stairs, @mainegirl1 I never checked with my surgeon but one day fairly early on I tentatively just tried the stairs one day--much easier coming down normally than up. Eventually I felt confident enough that I transitioned to slowly walking up and down normally. If I am tired, I can alternate a toddler step with a regular one, but I never thought about contacting the doctor to see if it was okay. You stay safe--from everything I read and hear on the news, Dorian is a nasty storm. I, too, hope that it might lose strength and while it will still be a horrid storm, it won't be as devastating for the east coast as it's apparently been for the Bahamas, such a tragedy there. And perfectly fine to give in to naps, energy drain stays with us for a longer time than you'd think, in my experience. Hope you have a good day.
 
Yes Dorian has been :censored: and will continue to be for those in the Bahamas.. I am just a wacko with a camera and an ocean at hand... The waves can be astounding.. I know to stay away from real close to the water.. Not all do.. every once in a while a tourist gets whacked by a rogue wave.

Maine is the Pine Tree State.. Pine Trees drool sap.. I busied myself in the garage trying to rid one of the cars of its hood ornaments of goo spots. Now hubby and I are off to go shopping.
Going down to the basement I dutifully took the cane and minded using the handrail

About halfway down I realized I was going foot over foot and dragging the cane and just touching the handrail.. Better pay more attention to that! So far I have managed to stub my toe on the cane half a dozen times almost sending me awry.. I have a hate relation with that thing.. I need another hand.
 
" Lost" my cane twice today, @mainegirl1 and while you cleaned sap I worked in my kitchen and tidied up my bathroom, I thought either a. This leg is so much more painful than the other one I'd better put myself on complete bedrest or b. This leg is stiff because I need to move it more, and Tramadol wont help that. Took a chance and turns out it was "b". Breathing a sigh of happiness and relief. In my many many years of nursing so many of my patients have said to me . " I dont know how you can be a nurse" my stock reply was always " I think it's harder to be a patient" and it is ever, ever so true!!!!
When you start to move a little past the "patient state" ( putting the walker away, home PT done. First 2 week visit to OS done,) it is nice indeed. :yay:
 
I think Fit Bit doesn't work accurately with a cane. it says I walked 7 minutes all day.
Layla will scold in the AM. Now surely the following would add to more than 1500 steps.
1. Kohls
2.Duluth Trading Post
3. Pet store
4. Camera Store
5. Trader Joes
6. Grocery store for 11 items( no mobility cart and no leaning on the basket)
7. out to dinner sushi( I have been cooking dinner for over a week and did not feel like doing that tonight. There are a lot of steps if you cook)

drove 50 miles. I expect punishment in the AM but it is fine.. When we got home I iced and elevated for 90 min.
Let's see if I can do this or will I be banished to the Lounge Doctor all day tomorrow

My knee is a awful tile pattern. Maybe some of you remember the tiles that are splotchy rust blue yellow and brown that are sometimes found in showers.
My knee matches and has for ten days.

But my foot swelling has disappeared entirely.

Yes the leg was painfree through all this( it feels actually almost normal!!).. I expect in the morning it will chide me and not amount of Tylenol will fix it.
 
The fitbit relies on the motion of your arm as you walk. It's really counting arm swings, not steps. That's why you can cheat it by just swinging your arm back and forth. Maybe it would work better on your other wrist for now?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
 
Layla will scold in the AM. Now surely the following would add to more than 1500 steps.
1. Kohls
2.Duluth Trading Post
3. Pet store
4. Camera Store
5. Trader Joes
6. Grocery store for 11 items( no mobility cart and no leaning on the basket)
7. out to dinner sushi( I have been cooking dinner for over a week and did not feel like doing that tonight. There are a lot of steps if you cook)
:heehee:
I will go ahead and do it for her:no-fin:
That is alot more activity than your poor leg needs this early out.
Energy stores used for over activity are truly needed for the healing process. In short...
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Want this forever hip to have a great start so do consider taking an easy does it rest of the week.
Hunkering down later tonight for our first big blow from Dorian.
Hugs to you @mainegirl1
 
Welllllllll.... I got away with it.. :beer:

But @Mojo333 Are you my doc?

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.".. I think I have heard that before..

This AM no need for Tylenol but I will use cane around the house and go visit neighbor and be good to myself.

Just HAD to go to Trader Joe's . Hubby and I have fallen in love with a salad made of Heirloom Tomatoes , Fennel microplaned, Vidalia Onion microplaned, fresh basil ( have a ton of it in a pot) EVOO and burrata.. And I cannot find burrata in our little markets locally.

FIt Bit said I walked 59 steps in bed.. :rotfl:
 
Good Morning!
You're a lucky one feeling no worse for wear after all that activity yesterday.
And I know those stores weren't all lined up, one next to the other, so you definitely got a work out. I'm seriously amazed you're feeling well and it's wonderful your foot is no longer swollen.

The salad sounds really good. I like Trader Joe's for certain things only, I guess I'm not a dedicated TJ's shopper. Now I need to look up burrata...I've never heard of it, but the salad sounds good without it anyway.

Enjoy your time with the neighbor this morning and behave! :) :friends:
@mainegirl1
 
Well, you certainly manage to cram a lot into your days, @mainegirl1 But if it's not causing problems the following day then it's probably alright. Keep on moving! I agree that a walking aid, while it can help, also eventually ends up being a giant pain. I remember with hip #1 that I finally ditched my walking pole after I whacked my husband in the knees by accident one night. After that I just decided to just walk carefully, holding onto things in the house or my husband's arm if I was out and about. I really wasn't using it as an aid except to warn off those passing that I was a bit of a gimp. And PS, @Layla, burrata is delicious--if you can ever get any in the store, it's fabulous, with sliced tomatoes, basil and a nice drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette--yum!
 
We usually don't go to Portland unless its in conjunction with a doctor appointment
So yesterday it was an entirely fun shopping day! No Doctor!
Looking longingly at the bike trail on the ocean... soon maybe
No the stores weren't all lined up but three of them were
Had we ventured into the Old Port there would have been a lot more walking and on cobblestone
Parking is excruciatingly hard to find there
 
Hi @mainegirl1
Glad you're able to so much so soon, for me I need a little more rest, but doing more yesterday I hurt more at night but was worth it to find out I CAN do more.
We have 3 TJS in and around our city and the third one was built 4 miles from my home and we all did the happy dance.
Love TJs
I'm the grocery shopper in my family and have missed really getting out and picking over the seasonal produce we have here in PA. Tomorrow I should get the ok to drive at my OS,especially since lefty was done this time, not my driving leg.
Hope the rest of your day goes well!
 
@ahipgma .. It's a good thing the nearest Costco is 300 miles away! The only thing I can buy within 3 miles is farm eggs and veggies!

Because of the mobility cart and an assistant shopper/grabber I was in the store the day of discharge..:holysheep: On the way home.. It was over an hour in the car and it broke up the trip a little

My driving leg was done and it turned out not to be an issue at all even when someone assumed there was no traffic ( a peril of living in the country is we all do that when we should not) and I had to brake hard.
 
O it is so good to be human.. I signed up for a painting class Friday nite! One of those express your self with a paintbrush and a glass of wine..It is wonderful not to be a patient all the time but a virtue to learn to be patient some of the time..

I think I shalt not drive.. now what to do with hubby.. The class is in rural Maine but half an hour from home.
 
Hi @mainegirl1
That painting class sounds fun! We have one of those Sip and Paint type businesses in our town...if we're talking about the same thing. For the place by me you sign up according to the picture you want to paint. Certain pics on certain dates. I'm going to do it with some girlfriends one of these days for sure. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. A good sit and chill activity for you :heehee:
Hope you have a good night!!
 
@Layla I have been to two of the sip and paint classes already..Seeking more walls ; they are addictive. I brought very low proof drinks with me .. One over four hours.
They are fun and if you stand back you can actually be proud of what you did.
Now I have to run off and read for the first time in weeks See what I posted in Cecropia's thread!
 
No idea why my knee was killing me last night. It is swollen and hurts to bend to its full ROM( pain on the outside below the kneecap).. The colors are fading but the swelling is still there.

The hip is happy. The knee not so much. More time in bed meant more hurt..
Finding new ice
Also starting the novel was a huh.. still foggy I think. Will restart
 
Our weather map showed Dorian as this nasty red system moving up the coast.
Hope today in recovery land is a good one for you... 2 week check today with 2 week old Aquacel dressing off and steri strips on and probs clear to drive. Woohoo.
Be safe and be careful!
 
@ahipgma The big threat from Dorian is overcrowded parking lots. 15 foot surf on rocks draws everyone out to beaches and lighthouses
Most of us are aware of rogue waves and are careful not to get too close

Steri strips are a pita for me they constantly shed and I wonder what they are for!

Mind you no hot rodding!
 
pita indeed, I always end up peeling them off at the end of 3 weeks cause they never curl up and fall off like they say they will.
Yes ma'am no hot rodding in my old persons Subaru Legacy with all wheel drive.:heehee:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom