Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR A New Day

@mendogal thanks for your imput I will try and research your findings. The confusion I felt that in the letter from my consultant there wasn't any mention of a revision . Struggling at the moment to walk any distance and wish the revision was soon. But the NHS doesn't hurry itself in the UK Thanks again Take care jcx
 
@Jcx - at first reading, I too was concerned (that he seemed to describe structural gait issues), but a closer reading focused on the posterior sag brought a clearer view. It reads to me like a finding to justify doing a revision.
Fingers crossed it moves you forward!!!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jcx
On the urgent list for my revision but it's going to be June. Can't believe it has come to this . Worn out with it all no good days all just bad. I would love to see inside to see what's going on. The implant is loose and seems to be on the move. Roll on June and hopefully for a better result this time. Sorry to rant but its just the way I feel at the moment. Sorry again I know people are in the early stages of recovery and its tough . Take care all jcx
 
I am sorry you are having to have a revision, but hopefully this will be your last one and be one with complete success.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jcx
Hang in there!
A really clear diagnosis that indicates why the revision is needed, which you have, is something we don't always see with our members (where it's sometimes more of a leap of faith).

Just a few weeks more.... We'll be here for you.
 
I've also got a second opinion also at 24 months. Bone scan shows loosening and/or infection. Still unable to stand or walk any more than 30 mins or so and decreasing by the week.

Very scared but I maybe in a similar time frame for revision so we can be in it together from across the pond!

Best wishes 2chains!
 
@2chains . Thanks for your reply sorry to hear you also are in for a revision. Yes we seem to be in the same time frame. Hope our revisions go well and we have a speedy recovery. Take care jcx
 
We're here for you @Jcx and also for @2chains I am sorry you both have to go through this. :console2:
I wish you both comfort and peace of mind as you seek answers and move forward.
 
Still waiting for an appointment for my revision surgery. Two weeks ago booked a holiday for 7days in Spain. Arrived back home yesterday. So glad I went and forgot about my knee as much as possible. The sunshine change of scenery has done me and my wife the world of good. Hopefully I will hear from my surgeon soon and we are ready for the challenge that will come over the next few months. Take care jcx
 
Wonderful that you were able to get away and enjoy time with your wife in Spain.
Let us know once your surgery is scheduled and we'll be here to support you.
Thanks for the update. I hope you have a good week! :SUNsmile:
@Jcx
 
I'm so glad that you were able to get away and enjoy yourselves. A change of scenery is always good.

I don't see where you've mentioned if your using a cane or not. Don't hesitate to use one to keep yourself from getting in the habit of a limp. Or even worse, a fall. The cane is just a stability tool to help you in the short time until your revision.
 
@eaglemom . Most of the time I do not use a walking stick. But I did take it on holiday and used it when I went for a long walk and at the airport. Jet2 who I travelled with has a excellent special assistance service. Take care jcx.
 
Feeling a bit down at the moment I was expecting my revision operation to happen last month. The wait for an appointment at my hospital is an average of 22wks. Phoned the waiting list department and they said that I was on the urgent list . But the surgeon that is going to carry out my operation has a 12 month waiting list. Could not believe it thought that it would have taken place last month. Trying to busy myself with reading TV and doing what I can at my allotment. Not in the best of place at the moment but must solider on for my families sake. Take care jcx.
 
I am so sorry! :console2: That is a long wait. I understand you feeling disheartened by that news.
It's admirable you will put on a brave face for your family's sake. I wish you lots of comfort and hope by some miracle you're able to undergo the revision sooner than expected. Hang in there. We're here if you need us!
@Jcx
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jcx
Oh now I'm *really* glad you took that trip to Spain.
Here's to babying the knee and lots of distraction. I hope the weather permits puttering at your allotment.
Sending a ((hug))
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jcx
@Jcx, I'm so sorry to hear that. I have a friend in a similar situation--he's been waiting a long time for a second surgery and it was to be in a few days and now they have found out that he has blood clots again so no surgery. There is so much anticipation and emotion that goes into the waiting, not to mention the discomfort and lack of mobility. You've taken so many things in stride so gracefully as I have read your thread; I'm so sorry you have to wait even longer.
 
@Jcx Sorry to hear that you’re still on the waiting list for your revision. From what I know Prof Deehan is one of the best surgeons and takes on more complicated cases, hence the reason he did my mam’s, so maybe his list takes longer. It seems to be a bit of a lottery at the moment. I thought I’d sail through it, being younger and fitter but not to be. To fair my surgeon was very honest. He said some people about 5% need it replacing, for implant or cement failure, I think I’m more in the dissatisfied category mainly due to it not bending and being stiff. I hope you hear soon and get your date.
 
The plot thickens. Still on Prof Deehan waiting list for a revision. Seen my original surgeon and he is still saying I do not need a revision. He showed six other consultants my scans xrays and they said everything looked OK. He sent me for a aspiration yesterday to see if it was infected. Also he is arranging a physical examination with another surgeon. We are going to meet again in four weeks time to discuss the aspiration result and my physical examination. Take care jcx.
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom