• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

THR "A little noise"

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
I was pretty impatient too...:bored:
Recovery gets booooring.
Have a great day, Bob.

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@Bob S Your follow up appointment sounds like it went very well! I like your surgeon and how he explained the recovery and the urgency that needs to be tamped down.
You will be back on the that chipping green and in great shape, it just takes time.
Seems to me that the people who rush things are the ones fighting tendonitis, etc and wishing they had been more cautious.

Congrats on your easy recovery! Don't you just love those new hips? I know I love mine!

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Awesome follow up with your OS and he sounds like a smart guy that gives good advice. We all have trouble with patience and it is so hard to hold back when we feel so much better but have to consider the big picture. You're doing well, keep it up!

ritabell

Country
Scheduled for my second anterior THR next Wed the 13th and very nervous about it. First THR was in March 2019. Glad you are doing well. I have the same reservations about oxy but I did take it for hip#1 and it helped a lot especially at night since I had so much trouble sleeping on my back. I tapered to 1/2 dose pretty quickly at Day 5 and hope to be able to do the same this time. It's hard to figure out how long to stay on this drug because it is so scary.

What oxy mg did you take Day 2,3,4 and how are you doing?

OP
OP
Bob S

Bob S

Country
Hello,
First, I have been a member for several months and find this fourm so helpful on many issues ... Had my first THR ( right )in mid July ... The second one on Sept 22 ( left ) Both had excellent results and I am doing terific .. I spoke to my OS practice yesterday and was given the go ahead to use both the treadmill and hit golf balls ( YES !! ) Started on the treadmill for the first time today @ 2 MPH for half a mile with an intention to increase my distance over several weeks to a maximum of 2 miles .. I found that I felt some slight snapping with no pain in my new left hip after a short time walking on the treadmill... Has anyone else experienced this ? Do I need to be concerned doing any damage and risking injury to the new joint ..

Thanks to all in advance !!

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Bob S you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. I changed the title.

Regarding the "noise" in your hip, please don't worry. Many people experience all sorts of noise post op. This usually fade away with time. The soft tissues and muscles still need to firm up around the joint. Just take it a bit easy and increase activity slowly.

OP
OP
Bob S

Bob S

Country
Thanks so much for both !!!

VSlowLife

graduate
Country
I found that I felt some slight snapping with no pain in my new left hip after a short time walking on the treadmill... Has anyone else experienced this ? Do I need to be concerned doing any damage and risking injury to the new joint ..
So far it sounds like you have had two very good recoveries. Hoping someone can answer your question.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Lakegirl62
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom