THR "A little noise"

Thanks so much for your reassurance.... You would think i remembered the lastTHR early journey ,....,Guess i had just moved on and forgot what it was like ... Thanks again ....Medication is my new best friend for a while ... I also really appreciate your position, " if it hurts don't do it " regarding PT... i have my first PT appointment in the morning .... At this point , im not trying to impress anyone with my exercise ability level ....
 
The first week was tough for me...the meds and ice, ice, ice is how I managed.
All well worth good hips!
Sending healing mojo your way, Bob.
 
Hello and Welcome. :wave: Nice to have you...thanks for joining us!

At this point , im not trying to impress anyone with my exercise ability level ....

Great news! I hope you hold onto that. Slow and easy does it, you'll get there
as you obviously recall from your first THR.
Have a great Thursday! :)
 
Don’t worry you won’t need them for long... only the first week... but they will keep the pain at bay....each day will feel looser & more mobile... hope you get some good sleep x
 
Just a little update .... Had PT on Friday with a Therapist that really gets it .. He understands that your body will heal and he is there to augment that process .. He knows that Im not in training for a triathlon and just getting my life back . So pleased with my results from surgery that i have gone to a cane only ..I think it's more for mental security with a little stability on the side ..Still have some minor soreness that im managing with Tylenol and pre PT a Traadol .. So, for after five days it's been a really easy journey ..I guess my major word to the wise would be : Be very selective of your OS . Research them fully . Mine only does hips and knees and his results reflect that ...
 
@Bob S Glad things are progressing well for you.

Please be very careful about medicating prior to any PT. Pain is the signal that you are doing too much. Medicating may mask this important signal and cause you to over do.
 
Thanks for the insight and that makes so much sence ...Im doing a really limited PT program 5-6 exercises only at this point ...both in the center and at home ... The good news is my therapist understands his role of allowing my body to heal itself and him helping it do that ... No competition for me ... My main PT is walking and walking ...
 
Don’t worry about the opioids. You are having them for a reason. Usually they give you enough to help and then your gp will discuss if you need more. In my case I did need some more but knew there was a right time to be weaned off them...
 
What a nice update @Bob S ! You are managing your first week very well. It's just so nice to have it over with, isn't it? Have a good day. :flwrysmile:
 
@Jaycey
Interesting what you said about medicating before PT. Several friends told me to do that, but it just didn't seem right. And my PT also doesn't advise it. So I'm doing my exercises, listening to my body, and seeing real improvement at 13 days. No pain, all gain.
 
My main PT is walking and walking ...

Best PT for now...for sure!
I hope you had a nice weekend.
Wishing you a lovely week as you continue on your healing journey! :walking:
 
Just can't get over how well this is going ..Very little pain, controlled with Tylenol Arthritis every 5 hrs ... walking everywhere, doing things i always enjoyed on a limited basis ... My only issue is , i'm out of shape re: stamina.. Guess I should expect some of that as I have had very little since April ...
 
Hello again...
You just experienced major surgery six days ago and you're dealing with
good old energy drain....you're certainly not alone in experiencing that.
Our body's energy supply isn't limitless. So when we're in healing mode after major surgery our energy will be used for healing first, not leaving a great reserve for all the other activity of daily life. It is completely normal to feel tired for quite some time. How long....most likely relates to your body's rate of healing. Making our best effort to get adequate sleep and rest is beneficial.
Our body does it's best healing while we're sleeping.

Maybe a comfy nap this afternoon? :yawn: :sleep:
@Bob S
 
Hi Bob I had my LTHR one day after yours. I am doing well but won’t be starting any PT until 4 weeks post op per my surgeons instructions. Just walking some every hour. I am still using my walker but getting less reliant on it. The first couple days were rough but it’s so much better now. My right is scheduled for January 27th so I will be a double hippie as well.
 
@Bob S sounds like you are doing fantastic! Unfortunately getting the stamina back up can take a while, that's one of my biggest issues right now as well. It's all temporary and will eventually work itself out. Walking is the best and napping is pretty good too! :walking::sleep:
 
@Bob S :wave: Look at you! I'm so glad this hip is recovering nicely. Your stamina will return, have patience, sir! Aren't you just so glad to have it over with?? Sure there is recovery hurdles, etc. but at least after surgery we know we are moving back up towards mobility.
Congrats again for your good start.
 
Thanks everyone.... All continues to be going great ..I have my second PT appointment today ..,Actually looking forward to it as I want to add a couple more exercises...Continuing my walking every day with very minor pain ... Actually cleaned my golf clubs in preparation for the future ...
"Uncivil" , I thought it was interesting that your PT is held for four weeks post surgery ... I started mine the day after with a limited session .. I guess every surgeon has their own protocols. Glad you continue to feel better .. Sure do wish you well on your January surgery and a fast recovery
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom