Guest viewing is limited

TKR A Lefty for kneeper

Had my first visit from home pt today. Seemed to have close to a Bonesmartie attitude. He said one of the top priorities is to ice and get the swelling down. He also seemed less concerned about numbers than that I was making progress. He was very pleased with my extension which is very close to zero and I'm walking well for this stage of the game.

Sleep is screwy but I seem to be able to get at least a couple of hours fairly solid at a time. Oh, for when I can find a comfortable spot sleeping on my side. :praying:
 
Great report, glad you have a gentle PT, that is helping promote healing.
Sleep is elusive early on grab it when you can.
 
My helpers are gone today :sad: but so far so good. With a superhuman effort :heehee: I even got my teds back on by myself. (My doc says I can take them off overnight. ) but I had to loosen up in the cpm first.

@Jamie or @Josephine do I get another nice K symbol for my second knee? :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, here's my latest. Things seem to be going pretty well. Home Pt likes my extension but I do have a way to go on bend. But no pressure at this point.
I got 67 in the cpm today. I like the cpm for the "loosening up" function in the morning.

The angry tissues are slightly better, but still pretty ticked off. :gaah:
Sitting aggravates the hamstring etc. I find the area where your hip connects to the leg--muscles? Adductors? to be uncomfortable especially when I elevate.

I'm trying to change positions, walk a little bit in the house (mostly to get drinks, snacks, bathroom visits), sit at the table for meals and spend a lot of time icing and elevating. And napping. :)

I'm able to take oxycodone on a 4 hour schedule but not extend it yet. Not that I'm too concerned about that at this stage. At the risk of making others jealous, I called my OS office for a refill so I wouldn't run out right before the weekend and they did it without me even having to beg. So now I will be covered through my appointment to get the staples out early next week.

About time for a book on tape/ice-elevate/nap session. :zzz: Hang in there everyone.
 
Oh those pesky stockings. I just took them off for the night though it's pretty early b/c they keep rolling. I figure forming a rubber band around the leg isn't quite doing the job they're supposed to. :shrug:
 
Just need a bit of a whine.:cry: In addition to the knee, my ankle and hip are killing me.:hissy: Hard to find a comfortable position. I think a lot of it with the ankle is the arthritis (a chronic issue, but worse than usual post tkr)-- but who knows, it may have been aggravated during the surgery too. Thought I'd stop in here and distract myself until the latest dose of pain meds kick in.

I got less bend this AM in the cpm than yesterday. Probably because I had my foot down more yesterday. A friend brought me lunch, which was great, but sitting up for 2 hours probably wasn't.:doh: I don't see more swelling, but I know a lot of it can be internal. :(

I'm walking much better than I did at this point last time, which is good. Though perhaps that is leading me to overdo. I just need to remind myself I'm not even 2 weeks out. :bicycle2:
 
I just need to remind myself I'm not even 2 weeks out.
I think you #ODIC yesterday with all that sitting, even at two months, my knee would have a hissy fit if I sat that long.:hairpulling:
Glad to hear you are walking much better than you were with the first knee.:yahoo:
Sounds like today will be:sleep::ice::elevate: and :chillpill: on schedule.
 
Sounds like you are doing great @kneeper - make sure you take it easy. I joined the ODIC yesterday and rested all day with ice and elevation and it is so much better this evening.

Have a great night and sleep well.
 
You tell her, Sonja! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Glad to hear you are doing okay. Keep up the elevation :elevate: and icing :ice:!

Take care :flwrysmile:
Well as @kneeper already knows,

I am one of the most patient people when it comes to my knee!:heehee:

After all, I let it be boss while I was still under general anesthesia! What more did it want?!:rotfl::good-bad:
 
Hi @kneeper
I'm just checking in to say that I'm pleased to hear you are making good progress. :yay::yes!:

Remember that it's the tortoise that wins the race - so continue to take it easy!
 
Thanks everyone. I had some help yesterday so took full advantage.:elevate::ice: I also slept the longest stretch at a time I have so far last night. :sleep:
 
Hi @kneeper, my ankle has been sore as well and I've been trying to work out why. One thing I thought of was realignment of the leg in surgery and trauma also in surgery. I think he may have corrected the relationship between the top and bottom parts of my leg. My foot used to bend out a little and doesn't any more
 
Yes, that could be part of it. Though the ankle was troublesome before the surgery too--just not to that extent.
Need to practice what I preach on the ODIC. :wink:
 
Good session with the home PT--I really lucked out with this one. She didn't measure but could eyeball that I'm getting more bend than last time and my walking has improved. I have several exercises but I only need to do 5-10 repetitions of them twice a day. No forced bending on the heel slides & she actually said to take it gently. :thumb:

Looking forward to getting the staples out tomorrow!
 
A good PT! Helpful, but not pushy. That's great.

Well done, you! :yay::flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom