TKR A Lefty for kneeper

Thanks for all the good wishes.
My OS was very pleased with the surgery. The OR types were all very nice.
I apparently lost little blood this time partly b/c the doc used some kind of drug that reduces blood loss.

On the bad side, the nerve block failed again. So they tried me on a pain pump but the meds in it gave me major nausea. They started giving me something for that shortly before actually I whoopsed my cookies. Luckily a great shot right into the bucket. :eeeuw: Once they got the nausea under control and switched me to pain pills things started going better. The nurses were by and large, great. Pain meds were on time. And I had the polar ice machine on most of the time.

I got home yesterday afternoon. Yay! The hospital PT seemed to have a good approach of letting you say when you hit your limit. Nonetheless, since you have to hit certain "milestones" before they release you I feel like taking it pretty easy today is the thing to do.
My extension was 2 and my bend was about 62 yesterday.

I've had a shower & washed my hair :happydance: and will be resting with my polar ice on now.:ice: later I'll try a little time in the cpm and one or two exercises. But I'll mostly take it easy. Definitely a lot of angry tissue.:tantrum:

My sister has been great with helping me in whatever ways I need. :bow:

I'll try to check in on how everyone's doing here and there over the next few days.
 
Glad you're home and the nausea has eased up. Sounds like you're doing pretty well.....keep that ice machine filled with frozen water bottles!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Congrats and just chill out!!! Keep us posted Kneeper, we're all here for you!

Dawn
 
So far I'm sleeping somewhat fitfully at night as to be expected. I am taking pain meds round the clock (3 1/2 to 4 hours apart) and definitely wake up when it's time for the next dose. But I'm also letting myself have little naps during the day, generally as the meds take effect :zzz: .
I had a visiting nurse come yesterday and she says the wound looks good. I should change the bandage as long as there's any leaking, but no signs of infection. She'll come once more a least to check on things once the staples come out.

Home PT :tiredwheel: will likely start early next week.
 
Hi @kneeper oh I'm so glad you're okay. You sound like you're doing fine and the op seems as though it went well. I'm glad you had nice OR's. It makes or break surgery. It's nice you have a sister to help you out x please take it easy, you've done this before and only you know your body and your limits. Take care. So glad you're back safe.

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Thanks everyone for the messages of support. It means a lot.

Got a little cocky apparently last night and didn't set the alarm for pain meds after midnight.:doh: Consequently I went almost 5 hours! without meds. OMG, was I stiff, sore and full of angry tissue early this morning. Definitely a " why did I do this to myself?" moment. Luckily once I got the pain meds going and got moving things eased up a bit.

But yep, it's angry tissue:tantrum: phase here. all the muscles in my leg seem to hurt also my ankle and either my hip or groin muscles too. So far I need to stick to the oxy at 3.5 hour intervals to keep the pain from charging back. Maybe by tomorrow I'll be at 4 hours. I've also been taking doses of tylenol interspersed during the day thinking that might help the oxy (5 mg tabs, can take one or two: I almost always take the 2) work better? longer? @ Josephine.

I got up to 60 in the cpm and when the pain level is controlled I think I'm moving pretty well in general.

and since an important item here: bowels are moving. :)
 
Missing those meds really hurts, glad you are back on schedule, and all your plumbing is working.
I found napping, resting, ice, elevating, and, meds on schedule helped more than anything else.
Great report,
 
Oh @kneeper ouch with the meds. I'm so glad you got it under control so quickly. Well done you x I'm so feeling for you with the angry tissue stage, ouch again!!! You are in my thoughts x x x x love Nana moon 27 xxx
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom