Guest viewing is limited

TKR A Lefty for kneeper

The knee feels good and I'm finding it's getting easier to do things low to the ground though I can't exactly squat. I just keep trying as I do daily activities. I marvel as I clean the tub every week at the lack of grinding and pain. :)
 
Monthly update. I get an occasional ache when my knee is bent too long(I think more tendons & soft tissue due to RA and fibro) more around my first knee but Lefty is still feeling good. I get a little stiff if I sit too long, but that goes away once I'm up and taking a few steps.

Today I was at the grocery store and the person in front of me was taking forever. Pre TKR I would have been feeling crabby and hanging on to the cart for dear life and hobbling back to the car. Today I was in no particular hurry and it really didn't bother me.

The only thing that bothered me was the temptation of the candy bar display. :heehee: I'm proud to say I did not give in to the bag of M&Ms. :wink:
 
Great report, glad you knee is doing so well, and you can pass up those M & M's. Dastardly the way they place those at eye level, right at the check out. :unsure:
 
Oh @kneeper

I'm so pleased lefty is doing so well. It gives me hope for when my lefty is done. Your question to Orthodoc was great. It put my mind at rest. In fact your whole post was great...thank you so much for sharing.

I'm going to phone my OS secretary on Monday to see if I am pencilled in for a date yet!

Once again, well done with this recovery x
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I was just reading on another thread about recovery and stamina taking many months. I know my OS said up to a year to be back to "normal."
I feel like the knee is doing well. We're having signs of spring now and I walked for 30 minutes yesterday with no pain in the knee. My ankle was really the only thing that limited me a bit.

But I do notice that I still have a lot of fatigue. Most of that is probably the fibromyalgia, but I do wonder if some is still the recovery process. I've been working long days the last couple of weeks and am wiped out on the weekends. I ended up lying down yesterday afternoon and slept for an hour.
 
It may be that you just need to work up to doing more exercise. The type of fatigue you describe can happen to anyone who is not used to aerobic workouts like an extended walk. Most doctors recommend that you do some type of cardio exercise for at least 30 minutes 5 times a week. Obviously a person needs to work up to that, especially when surgery and other medical problems are in the mix.

I suspect the real culprit is the "long hours" at work. Just the sheer time plus the stress of any job can do a person in by the weekend. Good that you can use the weekends to catch up on your rest!
 
My PT has me doing 20-30 min cardio a day now on various machines. It has helped to kill off most of my fatigue


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
In just a few weeks, my right knee will be 4 years old; and the left will be 1 year. My how the time has flown.
 
Wow....it has flown for your knees!!! Congratulations on the birthdays!!
 
Well, Lefty is now one year old. My how time flies.
I had my one year check and all is good with the x rays which show good bone ingrowth.
The knee feels great with no lingering soft tissue pain like the first knee had. (Probably from overzealous PT)
I :roseshwr:my knee. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
^Naw, not much of a kneeler :heehee: though I could do it in a pinch. good ol' spellcheck. :)
 
Well I was out with friends yesterday and did more walking than I've done in years yesterday--probably 3 miles--and lefty did not complain at all!
Righty was a little less happy--not the knee itself but the quad area that I had trouble with after the tkr and oveTr strenuous PT. and the ankles and feet were not very happy by the end---due to the RA (and being too heavy). But it sure felt great to do it and not have to bail out or have someone go get the car. Thank you TKRs.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom