Watch 2020 JRAD Videos

Bilateral PKR A hiker's new knees

sistersinhim

Country
United States United States
What beautiful photos. I love to hike and stop and enjoy God's creation. It is so peaceful!

I'm surprised you still going to PT with all the things you're already able to do. Also, surprised that the facility is still opened with this lockdown. Stay extra careful.

pamsknees

senior
Country
Congrats on your hike! Sounds like you’re making great progress. I’m surprised that you still have PT- mine shut down so I haven’t had any. I have no idea what my ROM or flexion are

OP
OP
Ready2HikeAgain

Ready2HikeAgain

Country
Yep, PT is still open: sanitized, gloved and masked. I really have enjoyed my time there and made strides in my range of motion, mobility and now currently working on strength and balance. I was really in a bad way for the two years before my surgery, so I am making the most of my insurance. I will probably keep PT up for at least one more month. I go twice a week. I still have trouble getting comfortable in a bed to sleep and still need to work on my strength to stand from a sitting position. @bikinglynn - The Katy was such a welcome breath of fresh air. I love that it’s so level for easy walking and biking. And you can always count on gorgeous nature wherever you walk. :)

OP
OP
Ready2HikeAgain

Ready2HikeAgain

Country
@Jamie - I saw you write to another knee replacement on here about ripping of scar tissue. I am about 14 weeks out of my bilateral partial knee replacement. My recovery has been going really well. Walking up the stairs this afternoon I felt a pop in the back of my left knee and then had severe acute pain when I lift my knee. I could stand on it and just laying still there is no pain. But to lift at all...excruciating. Just got off the phone within the doc on call with the exchange. He said scare tissue probably ripped. I currently have an ace bandage and ice on with it slightly elevated. Just worried this is a major set back. I was already walking regularly for exercise, doling the grocery shopping and such. Just wanted to get your opinion. Thanks.

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
Normally if there is some scar tissue that breaks up, there would not be continuing pain. Having actual adhesions (the proper name for this type of scar tissue) is not something that happens frequently, though. I suggest you continue to rest and ice the painful area through tomorrow. But if things are not improving by Monday, give your surgeon another call so you can get this checked out. Give it full elevation as you ice....toes above the nose.

rustic

Country
I've had quite a few big pops/snaps. Usually the pain subsided quickly, but the biggest one caused swelling and layed me up for two days. In every case, after the pain stopped, I felt like I had gained more mobility. Not just flex, but more easy to twist my lower leg back and forth.
I'm not saying yours is like mine, just that there is a chance of something similar, and that you might feel better soon.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Nancan
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom