Bilateral PKR A hiker's new knees

What beautiful photos. I love to hike and stop and enjoy God's creation. It is so peaceful!

I'm surprised you still going to PT with all the things you're already able to do. Also, surprised that the facility is still opened with this lockdown. Stay extra careful.
 
Congrats on your hike! Sounds like you’re making great progress. I’m surprised that you still have PT- mine shut down so I haven’t had any. I have no idea what my ROM or flexion are
 
Yep, PT is still open: sanitized, gloved and masked. I really have enjoyed my time there and made strides in my range of motion, mobility and now currently working on strength and balance. I was really in a bad way for the two years before my surgery, so I am making the most of my insurance. I will probably keep PT up for at least one more month. I go twice a week. I still have trouble getting comfortable in a bed to sleep and still need to work on my strength to stand from a sitting position. @bikinglynn - The Katy was such a welcome breath of fresh air. I love that it’s so level for easy walking and biking. And you can always count on gorgeous nature wherever you walk. :)
 
@Jamie - I saw you write to another knee replacement on here about ripping of scar tissue. I am about 14 weeks out of my bilateral partial knee replacement. My recovery has been going really well. Walking up the stairs this afternoon I felt a pop in the back of my left knee and then had severe acute pain when I lift my knee. I could stand on it and just laying still there is no pain. But to lift at all...excruciating. Just got off the phone within the doc on call with the exchange. He said scar tissue probably ripped. I currently have an ace bandage and ice on with it slightly elevated. Just worried this is a major set back. I was already walking regularly for exercise, doling the grocery shopping and such. Just wanted to get your opinion. Thanks.
 
Normally if there is some scar tissue that breaks up, there would not be continuing pain. Having actual adhesions (the proper name for this type of scar tissue) is not something that happens frequently, though. I suggest you continue to rest and ice the painful area through tomorrow. But if things are not improving by Monday, give your surgeon another call so you can get this checked out. Give it full elevation as you ice....toes above the nose.
 
I've had quite a few big pops/snaps. Usually the pain subsided quickly, but the biggest one caused swelling and layed me up for two days. In every case, after the pain stopped, I felt like I had gained more mobility. Not just flex, but more easy to twist my lower leg back and forth.
I'm not saying yours is like mine, just that there is a chance of something similar, and that you might feel better soon.
 
any updates on this? I'm looking at having a bilateral patellafemoral replacement this fall/winter and enjoyed reading your thread. I'm an active 40 year old looking to get an idea of the recovery process. Would love an update if OP is still around??
 
@Muscleflex - I see that you had a thread with several posts back in 2016, but we've heard nothing from you since then. Please will you start a pre-op thread for yourself now, and we will be able to advise you there.

What has been going on since you last posted in 2016? You can update us on your new, 2020 thread.

Thank you. :flwrysmile:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom