THR A Bionic Octopus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
octopus Poppet zauberflöte It seems that golfers are the most preppy-looking, and flamboyant clothes-wearers of all the sports professionals. Red pants, bright shirts that many men would cringe at the thought of wearing, lots of print pants - I wonder how that all started?
I think these octopus pants were referred to as a Lily as in Lily Pulitizer, not sure so don't quote me. The color is a little tame to be one of her patterns, I think. And I don't know that she designs for men...
Lobster pants? Ohhh, sound very, very Cape Codish. I love them! I like going to church thrift shops on the Cape and looking for uber preppy clothes. What better place to find them? Except maybe Palm Beach. But that's where Lily started, isn't it?
 
Thanks Poppet. We're not too bad here in Auckland, it's freezing though. I'm in bed with a hotty, but my hands and face are cold. Still it's about 10 degrees not as cold as you get it. Down country is getting it rough with heaps of snow. Today was pretty nice with quite a bit of sun, but yesterday was a mixed bag culminating in a wild thunderstorm last night. Incredible hail apparently, I didn't have a look, I was in bed, again. :) yesterday we had rain, sun, rain & sun, hail, wind and sun, wind and hail, wind and rain, oh, and rain and wind and hail, off and on all day. Did I miss anything? No snow though. It's really quiet and still out there right now.
 
octopus, I hear you... I have the central heating going, trying to keep the temp to 17 C to save on power. Interestingly enough, when I was fresh out of surgery, well the first winter post, I found that I was cold all the time. I needed to have the heating up at 22 C and our power bills were astronomical. So I have figured as my body is closer to full recovery, then circulation is better.

However, saying that, nothing is going to help my lower back.. L4, L5 and S1 have no cartilage, so I have to 'baby my back' a lot. So here I sit with a hot water bottle tucked behind my back..

We are in good company Kiwi Sister :)

So pleased you are not in the thick of it, now I have found your met site, I have bookmarked it to check your weather :)

Great that it is Friday... Two whole days off.. Rest up honey :)
 
Your back sounds painful Poppet. You sure have a lot going on with your body. When you retire, will you be moving to a warmer area?
Thanks for checking up on us and our crazy weather. :)
 
Yes, our retirement home is near the ocean, so it is always warmer.. and the climate is temperate... Can't wait... Have a good weekend :)
 
Interestingly enough, when I was fresh out of surgery, well the first winter post, I found that I was cold all the time. I needed to have the heating up at 22 C
I found that with my first hip replacement I couldn't get warm. I had lots of clothing layers, heating on full blast too. Ed was going round with his shirt off and sweating heavily complaining it was too hot.
 
Elosarabrab, I hear you... My DH keeps turning off the central heating about 30 mins before we head off to bed and the temp has dropped dramatically in the bedroom... So last night as a joke, I filled his side of the bed with my gel ice packs.. didn't say anything, just filled my side with hot water bottles and slipped in all snug and warm... What a meanie I am.. He is such good fun and we quickly got them out and filled his side of the bed with my 6 hot water bottles... Luckily the ice packs were only in situ for a few moments.. But message delivered! We laughed and snuggled and shared the hot water bottles... Hehehehehe!
 
It's four months today and I'm quite disappointed at not being further along in recovery. I guess it hasn't helped hurting myself three weeks ago. This is very slowly getting better. I'm desperate to be normal again, and take up activities I haven't done in a long time.

- back on regular pain relief
- have a continual very slight limp, but it's more severe for a couple of minutes, just after getting up from sitting
- ROM has thankfully stayed the same, but I'm desperate for some improvement in this. I would like to be able to cut my own toe nails and shave my legs regularly. I don't feel safe taping a blade to a ruler to do this and muscles around my hip are too tight/painful to allow me to reach the lower parts of my leg comfortably. There seems to have been no improvement in this for weeks.
- have had to revert back to lifting my leg into bed and into the car due to pain.

Sorry it's not a very positive report hopefully month 5 will be! One positive thing - no horrible arthritis pre-op pain!
 
Hi Diane, just popped by to say hi. I had no idea you were experiencing some additional pain. I am so sorry. Re. tennis ball butt. Has anyone mentioned you might have a Piriformis problem? Check it out. I have talked to several people working through this issue during recovery. Our muscles are so messed up after surgery, as if they weren't weak enough before, that one wrong twist can throw us out. Sounds like your OS feels everything bone-related is stable, hope that continues to be the case. Again, I am so sorry you are a feeling a bit disappointed with your recovery. Sending good vibes from Canada that the picture changes .....and fast.

I noticed on my thread that you had asked about my knee. I am happy to report that the durolane worked. It kicked in three weeks after the shot... a doc friend says it can take up to a month in some people. As a result, I only have the lousy clicking and cracking and slight pain while doing stairs. What a huge difference. So, I am quite the durolane convert. Hope to spare myself more surgery by having a few of those!
 
Vida, thanks for stopping by Vicki! I am very excited to read that your injection worked! :dancy: long may it last! I hope the clicking doesn't bother you too much. My knees have been clicking since surgery, but I'm assured that once I strengthen the muscles they will stop, and they do seem to be improving.

I haven't heard of piriformus, I'll look it up.

I know I will get better, but it seems to be taking forever! I'm off to have a massage and a facial on Saturday, so that's sure to lift the spirits.
 
Hi octopus I am so sorry for your pain.It seems that these soft tissue injury problems take time to be resolved and it means that our recovery stalls for a while My OS told me that my groin strain could take 3 months.A few of us on this site are trying an inflammation oil recommended by Poppet which is made in Australia and marketed as Elmore Oil or you could make your own from Poppets recipe.Worth a try.I hope you enjoy your massage and facial.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom