Guest viewing is limited

THR A Bionic Octopus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Songlady I lived with an oboe player and her two cats and her dog for a couple of years...she would come home from work (10:30pm) and make reeds till 2am. It got so that if she wasn't playing I couldn't go to sleep! Thanks for checking that breathing thing for me :)
 
Do you live on the beach?
Songlady, no, I wish I did. I live a half hour drive from some really great beaches, but the house where I'm staying is only five minutes drive. I had a great morning, I really hope i haven't over done it! The beach is behind a small block of shops, so I parked on the shop side and walked around to the beach (all flat). The coastline here has a lot of small bays and the council have concreted rough paths over the rocks to the neighbouring bays. When the tide is out it is possible to walk from bay to bay quite easily. So I walked from the tiny beach along the path to the next bay and back. The wind was blowing and the sea was hitting the rocks and spraying up over the path, it was quite invigorating. Next to the cafe for a muffin and a browse around the shops. Then followed some signs to a produce market where I get some lovely food for lunch. Then into the car to some more shops for the shopping I actually went out for!

Hey there fun group! I did my exercises for the day.. Wiggled my toes! still in bed, freezing cold...

Hi octopus, I love stretching my back by laying over my Swiss ball and we also have a back stretching machine.. Come to think of it I haven't been on that in a while..

Two steps forward, one step back but you will improve.. Sorry you hurt yourself moving furniture.. Easy to do :)
Poppet, I'm so glad I don't live where you do, sounds really cold. We are expecting heavy rain tonight so I'm not sure if I'll get out tomorrow for another walk or not. Might have to drive to that cafe for another muffin! Can't wait to pick up my Swiss ball from home tomorrow, I can feel the relief already. So far so good today although my derrière is sore there have been no nasty stabbings in the back of my thigh. Sitting resting in bed now :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] A Bionic Octopus!
 
Songlady, it's a large inflated ball for doing exercises with, great for core strengthening.
 
octopus what a wonderful picture. I love the ocean and that part of the world. Some day I will visit that world. I haven't put the date on my calender but I am coming to your part of the world. Must see all the wonder oceans in the world is my goal. I hope that you are having a wonderful day and not too cold. Stay warm my friend. Tashia
 
octopus... Can you put me on your list of visiting BoneSmarties, NZ definitely on our retirement list along with Tassie :)
 
Hi there honey octopus.. Pleased you like my colorful avatar :)

We have to do everything we can to cheer ourselves up somedays. After hearing my GP say this morning... Left hip needs surgery.. What has happened? - well yes you guessed it! The pain has become real and obvious in the hip... Auto suggestion - maybe!
 
I will see my surgeon early September, but can't consider surgery before late Jan or Feb, due to work commitments. My GP rang me back this afternoon, but her message got cut off. So I will ring her on Monday and see what's up.. I think if I can start NW regularly, that will help my back which will help the hip.. But hey.. Here am I writing just like a pre op patient ... Lol
 
Poppet Auto suggestion is pretty darn powerful, isn't it. Keep warm, and I like your NW idea-- I hope it works! Can NW be done on a treadmill or does it wreck the belt? Or is the poles' stance too wide? It's too hot here for about 6 months out of the year for me to exercise outdoors.
We will allow you to be a pre-op patient while you are a mod-- why not? :) You can let us give you the answers and relax a bit!
 
I will see my surgeon early September, but can't consider surgery before late Jan or Feb, due to work commitments. My GP rang me back this afternoon, but her message got cut off. So I will ring her on Monday and see what's up.. I think if I can start NW regularly, that will help my back which will help the hip.. But hey.. Here am I writing just like a pre op patient ... Lol
Here's hoping your hip behaves until early next year. Nice time of the year for it, take it from me! :) just thought, I'll be almost one year by then.
 
octopus, if it does have to happen, the beginning of my last year at work would be good timeframe to have the next one. Or at least that is my theory.. It would give me about 7 months prior to retiring.. and providing recovery behaving itself, I would hope to be reasonably fit.

The problem is one hip surgery doesn't always mean the same happens for number two... I will wait and see.. I know the x-rays will most likely show further deterioration...
 
ohhh Poppet So sorry to hear that hip #2 is acting up. I hope it doesn't get too bad too quickly and you can continue with your work and retirement plans! Although, I'm sure that whatever is thrown your way, you'll figure out some thing to manage it. I have the feeling you're very resourceful and resilient.
octopus Someone at the US Open was wearing Octopus Pants today, and now they're all the craze! In your honor, I'll try to post a picture [Bonesmart.org] A Bionic Octopus! [Bonesmart.org] A Bionic Octopus!


I like them! Very preppy-looking. What do you think?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom