Guest viewing is limited

TKR 6 months still stiff

Looking for empathy today thanks to a neighbor doing the famous non-supportive statement stuff.."wow , this knee's a lot slower than the other!". Hubby and I were walking to breakfast (well, tubigrip was along also) , I knew it was 2 miles so I was slightly concerned. Thx neighbor for ramping up my concern! :no-fin:

Anyway. its just a " sick and tired of the whole danged thing "day. I feel I'm going backwards, somehow. I walked 1.7 miles week 4, no tubigrip and was sure I was indeed in the fast lane. What happened? Dunno....somewhere around week 6-8 the claw set in and it is SO limiting..

Like I said, I do remember complaining about my other knee for months but called it the bag of cement. But I also remember a gradually getting better and I'm not sure that is happening now, although, I have had a few days of barely any claw...few and far between. And I guess if I look closer, I am doing things this week that I didn't do a few weeks ago... SIGH:bored:

So, sorry about complaining and whining but no one else wants to hear it.
Love ya'll and wish you well. We're off to see a comedy about marriage called "i do until I don't " that is supposed to be a big laugh. I need it!:loveshwr:
 
PS. AT times my knee is still reddish on the top. Do others see this at 3 1/2 months?
 
@Hopetohike - you will see that I have moved two of your posts from Dzina's's thread to your own thread, because they were about your own knee, not hers. I see that you've been posting a lot on Dzina's thread and not so much on your own.

By putting the above posts in her recovery thread, you were disrupting her thread, which should be about her own recovery.
Forum etiquette: being polite when posting

Please post any updates or questions about your recovery in your own thread. We will see them there, as someone checks all the new posts every day.
If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Just in case you couldn't find your thread, here are the instructions on finding your thread,
How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
I know that recovery seems to take a long time. That's because you've had major surgery that caused a lot of trauma to your knee. It takes a long time for everything to recover.

As you continue to heal, progress does seem to slow down. That's because you've passed the major milestones - but internal healing of all your soft tissues is still going on beneath the surface. That's also why your knee sometimes seems to change colour. It's all a sign of healing activity.
 
You surely have my empathy @Hopetohike :prayer: I was there yesterday with the I'm sick and tired of this!:tantrum2: Felt like i wished I'd never done this and don't believe it will get better:gaah: and this will be what I'm stuck with forever. :censored: But today is a bit of a better day d/t 10 hours of sleep - always makes things easier to cope with. Tho I'm still not sure I buy into it will get better.
Hope you enjoyed the comedy and that it has lifted your spirits:flwrysmile:
 
that comedy sounds hilarious ~ how did you like it? were you comfortable sitting through it? hope it lifted your spirits and made you laugh. no worries venting here ~ "misery loves company" lol! (just kidding, i'm sure you're not miserable, just having one of those days). feel better!:flwrysmile:
 
I thought the movie was very good...funny and realistic and covering a lot of ground about marriage,
showing struggles and resolution with comedy! Not easy to do. It was indeed good medicine.
@Celle Can you change my thread title to ... gettin ' there, slowly but surely?

I wanted to report that recently my knee feels much better and less stiff at night, no matter what I do or don't do during the day. I wonder if it just takes ALL DAY for there to be enough lubricant for smooth movement. Guess I can wonder 'till the cows come home, eh?

Continuing with the scar massage today ...3X a day. Not sure if it's having any effect yet, but it feels good.
 
I've changed your thread title for you. :SUNsmile:

I guess we'll never know the answer about the stiffness, but I'm glad your knee is starting to feel better.

It doesn't make much difference whether or not you massage, but if you like the feel of massaging your scar, by all means continue.
 
Hey@Dzina. Are you still there? I saw your post about deleting your thread. If this is the case, can we connect privately!
 
Well well. I'm just a tad over 4 months and beginning to get worried. Right now, I'll keep it short and sweet and ask others for signs of infection?
 
Hiya, @Hopetohike !

At 14 weeks knee #1 still likes to complain a bit just 'cause.

Please try to ignore friends and neighbors who talk like that. They feel like they have to say something and end up saying something stupid. Unload in here, we all know about grouchy, cantankerous knees!
 
I would like to change my thread title to
16 weeks/4 months.
 
Tried too do it myself after looking at the file on tech stuff but all that shows up is"watch thread" nothing about editing title. Sorry
 
Okay. Is your title right now?

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
 
@Hopetohike , I think it's pretty common to worry about infection when you are not progressing as quickly as you thought you might. I wondered that for a long time, but all my blood work was good and I didn't have a fever or other sign of infection. Some of us just come back a little more slowly than others. If you think you may have an infection, though, call and ask your primary care or OS for blood work. And everyone is right about ignoring those that point out that your recovery isn't what THEY think it should be. I'm still hearing that at 7 months and it's so hard not to let it get me down. Hang in there - it will get better!
 
I am so with you on this slow journey! I just went for a second opinion. The doc took xrays and said everything looked great. He did send me for blood work to rule out infection and should hear tomorrow about that. I have pain and the doctor took me off pain meds. When the pain is bad I limp when I walk. I stopped PT since it just provided more pain and I do my exercises on my own. I do try to remain positive but some days you just get down! The doctor assures me it will get better and takes a year or more to heal. I do alot of rest, ice , elevate!
 
I think it's hard to keep our chins up when our own brains are saying, "This should be over...this should be better...Just look at so-and-so...she's back to normal." The shoulds are so hard to ignore.
 
I'm really glad I renamed my thread and am so happy to meet some"slow" healing friends.

My right knee was easier,although I have to admit I may be remembering wrong.

However, with this one any extended activity I need to put on the Tubigrip or my zensah compression knee sleeve. Not sure if I would limp or not without my sleeves. They just help so much.

I'm on a 3 week trip on east coast and so far so good. I have been elevating some but no ice. Today we will be in a place where I can buy something to ice with. Ice in a plastic bag doesn't work too well for me. Can't believe I didn't bring my draping ice packets from home.

One day this week I walked 2 miles and did get some swelling as well as tightness. It's the ongoing tightness that really bugs me. What is so odd is that I did 2 miles at 6 weeks and it didn't seem to bother me much.

I am about to embark on a 5 day vocal workshop here in Woodstock NY. REALLY looking forward to it. I'm pretty certain I won't be thinking of my dang knee most of the day!
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom