THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Krista, I'm so sorry you're dealing with so much! You've been through way too many trials my friend. Sending you a big hug and many prayers. :-(
 
Your plate is full, sorry to hear about the back spasms, last thing you needed. I agree with your APAP decision, you can revisit it after your surgery.
Sending positive thoughts your way.
 
So sorry to hear about all the current problems you are dealing with, Krista. Sending postive energy your way.
 
Oh, Krista, it must feel like the world's against you sometimes. I'm so glad you have your recliner and can get at few snatches of sleep here and there.
 
Hey, @Pumpkln, thanks for the good wishes. You, too, @Katiedid2 and @Zelda, I'm absorbing all the positive vibrations! I admit it, I am about done in. I am holding on to the fact that before about 5 years ago, when everything started falling apart, I had 63 really healthy years, nothing chronic or too painful or uncurable. So I have hope that after this surgery, which will take care of the main problems, things will be good for me again. In the meantime, it's almost gotten comical, the stuff piling on me. Last night at 3am as I sat in my recliner, blissfully sleeping, I got awakened by a horrible charlie horse/spasm in my right thigh (the leg I'll be having the op on). Took forever for it to go away, had to get up and stomp around. And I fell asleep right away afterwards, I was so tired :bored:. What new devilry awaits me tonight, I wonder! :yikes:
 
Oh how I wish I could somehow send you a good night's sleep. You have been so strong, so tough, and so positive through so much that I just know you'll eventually get throught this. Hang in there, Krista. We are all pulling for you.
 
@Krista - I hope you are able to get some good sleep. You certainly deserve it! And hopefully the "stuff piling up" on you has ceased! :bricks: By the way, I think potassium is also good for those muscle cramps. :)
 
Thanks, @Katiedid2 and @Readysetgo. I am still "sleeping" in the recliner, not getting enough sleep. Doze off sometimes during the day for a little while here and there, sitting up. Yesterday was my first day with no pain med for my back and what turned out to be tendinitis in my left ankle. No big pain issues, but felt really awful last night before "bed". Hoping to get back in the bed soon.

The good news is that I am finally doing things for my upcoming surgery, and that has me quite happy! This week I see my GP for surgical clearance and have the pre-op testing done. And next week I see the surgeon, his physicians assistant and the physical therapist (for brace fitting and fitness assessment) for my pre-op appointments. Then two weeks of waiting, and then the SURGERY! I cannot wait. I am so tired of dragging my body around with walking aids, and being in constant pain, and having my life on hold.
 
I'll bet you're happier than a pig in mud after having been in limbo for so long! I couldn't be happier for you Kris! I've set a reminder on my iPhone. I'll be on vacation, so I may not be checking in as much as usual and I surely don't want to miss giving you a great big cyber hug the night and/or day of your surgery! Not long now dear patient Kris!!! :friends:
 
So nice to see you on my thread, wanted to say hello. It is truly amazing what a good night of sleep can do....here's hoping you will soon be able to have that again! Hugs!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
@Krista
Just got caught up on your thread. I do hope things start looking up for you. You have been through a lot. You have such a good sense of humor through all. :flwrysmile: Good luck with your preop preparations.
 
Thanks for your good wishes, my special friends!

@sherrymorss60, today is the anniversary of my THR last year. I had a hard time post-op, and never recovered, and it is bringing back bad memories. Looking forward to getting some or all of it fixed on August 15!

@Arlene56, loved hearing your kind comments. I try to see the humor in things. Pre-op testing is all "normal", so I'm thrilled about that. Seeing one of the surgeons next week, and his PA and PT, and will get all my pre-op questions answered then.

@jomarie58, I am still stuck on the recliner, darn it. Overdid things yesterday and was hurting again, so couldn't risk the bed. I am getting 6 hours a night, and always fall asleep over my computer at some time each afternoon, so I think I'm getting enough.

In 25 days I'll be out of surgery...gulp.
 
Oh Krista I'm so sorry you've had such a rough time. Know that I'm here thinking of you and would be holding you hand and have my arms around you for this next 25 days if I could. I'm on the computer a lot so if you need to just reach out and I'll probably see it fairly quickly. Take care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom