TKR 5 weeks

Can't ask more than that. Were you feeling great though?
 
@sistersinhim Did your tight band feeling wrapped around your whole knee and make it difficult to walk? Also did it shift positions at times? Do you recall how long it took?
 
The stiffness was all around the whole knee. The back of my knee hurt for quite a while as does the bone where the lower stem goes in. Stiffness is pretty normal and I believe is a symptom of inside swelling, though I might be wrong there. Usually, after moving a bit, the stiffness goes away for me now. Hang in, it will get better. It just takes time.
 
Mine sometimes feels like concrete or porridge is semi solidly set around it. Then it frees up.
 
The tight band feeling was the final pain to go. It felt like rubber bands were wrapped around my knee and pulling every time I took a step. By three or four months the feeling began to lessen, as did the heavy leg. Icing the back of the knee and the front at the same time helped me. I also would lay flat on the sofa with my legs up on the sofa arms, pillows under my legs to really get the swelling down. Then I'd throw ice packs on top of my knee.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom