Guest viewing is limited

TKR 5 weeks

BC55 I am following you but what you are posting is mostly on anothers thread. Kind of understandable as you two share a common problem but its awful easy to tangle both your journeys up on that other thread.

I hear that you don't feel you are doing well. What is up? There are ups and downs but I think telling you that isn't necessary as you know already,
What have you been doing?
 
@little red canoe. Well the usual. Ice rest elevate. The area that bothers me is on top of my knee and the right side of the knee cap. Feels tight and stiff and very warm to the touch.
It feels like somebody glued that part of my knee. Any suggestion what it could be?
 
Oh dear. Things sound bad at present. Take a deep breath as say 'this too shall pass'. It really will!
 
When I walk I hear a popping sound. It hurts.
 
When are you due to see the OS again?
 
no idea what the popping sound is though mine does it when its swollen. Those problem areas of yours were the last problem areas of mine.. Ask your OS.. likely he will say that is an area where a lot of work was done..Mine said so.
That the areas are warm indicated increased blood circulation there and hence healing is still going on. As of right now after a day in the gym that little area on top of the kneecap is speaking a little.Not enough to require meds but more of a "remember me?" message.
My knee still feels a little tight but not enough to affect going up and down stairs, snowshoeing , and kneeling.. I stretch it down every day with a stair exercise which seems to be helping a lot.. Put foot on second stair or first from floor,, using handrail for support let your weight sag down and forward. Stop if and when it hurts.. Just ONE stretch.

And my massager helps on top of the knee too.

Hope this helps. I do this in the AM.
 
Well today my knee hurts just like after surgery. I don't know what's going on. It is so tight, my leg bones are screaming pain. I hear a pop sound and I feel like something is moving inside the knee. Like loose. It's killing me the pain. Even if I ice or elevate nothing seems to make it feel better.. This just started 2 days ago but getting worse.
 
I think you ought to see your OS as soon as possible.. Pain that extreme this far out surely cannot be normal
 
BC55, I'm feeling exactly the same, my surgery was Dec 20th so coming up to 3 weeks and feeling like I'm never going to be able to bend my leg again :( I feel your pain x
 
I agree with maybe you could get into see your surgeon sooner, just to make sure everything is ok and to make sure you do have something on hand to help with the pain.
 
You poor thing. Sounds awful. Hope you can get an urgent appointment tomorrow.
 
Hi all well I go to the doctors on Thurs. I have 1 issue soon as I start to walk a little my knee tightens up and swells . This is ridiculous... How am I ever going to feel good again. That tight band feeling around the knee is awful and when all this happens I am unable to bend it further. Also when I sit and try to stand up it get stiff for a few, then I can walk. As the weeks go by I'm now on 9 weeks. I didn't think it would go this way.
 
Its still early days. Don't despair! Good luck at your appointment.
 
Getting up and taking a minute before walking was something that happened to me often, even 4 months into recovery. I think you should answer Josephine's questions, as she may be able to help you.
 
BC55, I understand your agony. I'm going on 14 weeks with the tight band feeling that makes it difficult to walk. My OS advises me that it will go away with time. We can hang in there together, keep in touch with your progress.
 
My stiff, tight feeling was the last thing to go in my knee. Even now, if I stress it too much it'll be stiff when I first get up in the mornings.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom