MUA 5 week failure<

Ice and elevate as much as possible! You must be doing too much for it. The knee is always in control. Something you're doing is upsetting it.

Thanks for asking :)
I swear I am going backwards. I feel my bend is getting worse.... so sore and tight. At a loss for my next step???
Are you still working full time Robin?

Yes still working... two weeks more of work than a two week break :)

I know you have to go to work but I'm sure that's largely what's making your knee angry. The good news is we've had people on the forum in a similar situation--recovery was more difficult but they did recover. Be as kind to your knee as you can at work and at home.

I know it’s no consolation but I’m feeling sabe way. When are you seeing OS again?

I hope it gets easier @Robinmhs88. It’s strange as I’m not working and doing no Physio and yet mine is the same. Let’s hope we both turn the corner soon. :gaah:

Oh I feel you Robin and Tanya!!! I'm waiting for that mysterious corner and I will be so happy when it happens but I think it has to do with being able to do just enough and not too much for awhile and then the knee settles down and the corner is there. I read through @bertschb's story and it was amazing how he was doing all this walking and hiking and holding at 90 and then he just stopped it all and then that magic corner came for him. I've been experimenting with how much I can do and not do and I've learned what's too much. I've changed my work schedule to every other day so I can have a day of rest inbetween. I'm so happy for you Robin that you get two weeks off! I hope you can rest like crazy during that time. I think patience is the key for everyone on this journey. I just can't believe I'm on it! I never expected it to be like this and it's been a 'shock' that I've had to adjust to.. I mean what else can we do! Sending support and hugs...

I'd like to ditto these posts. @Robin I'm so glad you will be able to get some rest for your knee and mind. My impatience is an obstacle sometimes. I'm going to read @bertschb today. I've not read his whole recovery, just ROM progress .That eased my worry. Maybe next week I'll see what my number is. I don't think I'm going backward or they probably would have told me. I think there are 3 or 4 of us on this thread who feel the same. I'm glad to not be alone and admit my fears.
Onward we go, I guess.

It is comforting to know I am not alone. It’s easy to feel like you are failing but when you hear that others are experiencing the same things, you feel for them, but you think ohhh it’s not just me. I wondered what I did wrong, what I should have done but now what I need to do. I know working has not helped but I keep pushing forward. Hoping we all make strides soon. Thanks for all your encouraging words. Hugs to you all....

I woke up to a swollen knee, even though I slept elevated with ice. So I got up went to my recliner elevated (toes above nose) and iced for 3 hrs and guess what. Still swollen and stiff....Gonna call my OS Monday, bite the bullet and go see him knowing his reaction. :(

With your level of actvity a few hours of icing/elevating probably won’t make a big difference. When others have overdone it can take at least a week or longer to recovery from that over actvity. But seeing your OS may be a good idea.

I also only exercised at home on my own. Two weeks out and already letting go of my crutches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I woke up to a swollen knee, even though I slept elevated with ice. So I got up went to my recliner elevated (toes above nose) and iced for 3 hrs and guess what. Still swollen and stiff....Gonna call my OS Monday, bite the bullet and go see him knowing his reaction. :(
You will not notice an instant (same day or next day) difference. Nonetheless, you did exactly the right thing.
Remind me what you're doing for pain control. Most of my pain was in the form of what I called "achy stiffness."

Thanks Tanya76... okay day. Didn’t call OS will try his office tomorrow guess I am worried about what that appt will mean. How are you doing?

Robinmhs88,
I too felt that I was just where you are a few short weeks ago. One piece of advice I had received was when the nurse asked me if I was wearing my TED hose. I had said no I wasn't because they were so uncomfortable. Well come to find out, I was putting them on wrong. Once I got them on correctly, they were a game changer for me. The swelling and pain were gone in no time provided I had my hose on day and night. Plus the iceing helps a LOT.
GOOD LUCK!! Sdove

Hi @Robinmhs88 i know that feeling. I’m seeing OS on Thursday, am dreading it as Aldo worry what he will say. I’m still the same. I just can’t get past 45 degrees :gaah: When do you break up for your two week break? Try to call today. He may surprise you.

@Robinmhs88, went to my OS today, he said I was at 75% , I'm at 10 weeks tomorrow. He just said that is not where he would like for me to be and asked if I was ready to do the other knee which I told him no. Not until I can get this one completely well. He suggested getting the other one done and while I was under doing a MUA... He scheduled me to come back in 6 weeks for a follow up. "I told him I was in the slow benders club" but I would get there! Slowly but surely!!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back