Guest viewing is limited

MUA 5 week failure<

I still use a pillow under my foot in the car. My knee just feels better at the angle it gives me.

I would agree that elevating at a desk can be very uncomfortable. Whenever I elevated at a table it always hurt my leg, looking back I think it was because my leg was completely straight. I think it has to do with a straight back chair. It’s a stiffer angle than on your couch at home. See if you can incorporate a slight bend while you elevate at work.
 
Yes @Jockette - thankyou. I do have a slight bend when elevating due to two big pillows I brought to put under my leg on the chair. I find I completely dislike elevating with a straight leg at any time!
 
I read all the posts I can find about ROM, bend, stiffness, swelling, discouragement. In other words, I am looking for hope. It would be impossible to get this information from the medical profession or physical therapists. I am not blaming them. There is too much to absorb when people are in pain and scared about their own recovery. They do not have the time. I think the ones who hurt people are doing what they were taught. What would my PTs think of @bertschb's ROM timeline? My chiropractor says he thinks the push is because of Medicare and insurance limits on visits. I have been in the mental health field long enough to see the decline in doctor/patient relationships. They are too busy and have too much paperwork and pressure. The waiting rooms are full. The baby boomers are falling apart. Oh, my gosh. don't get me started on this. After 40 years, I couldn't do it anymore. Now on a happy note: I love my doctor, his PA is good and I like my PTs. I don't know if they are pleasant to me because I'm a "straight shooter" or they just want me to go away." When I told my doctor that my definition of a good doctor was one who asked me what I think, he agreed. The first time I saw him? (torn meniscus), I asked him, "how much time do I have"? He said, as much as you need. He seemed surprised, but we can tell when the doctor is in a hurry and I try to be considerate when I know that. After 40 years I know how to do a medical history pretty fast. I think I have great doctors and maybe it has helped to understand the pressure they are under. Also, I try to educate myself about whatever I'm seeing them for. I am not saying I'm special. I think I am very fortunate and do not like to read about the staff who "blow off" the concerns we TKRs have. I know I am rambling. I think I am writing to cheer myself up. I have finally found many of the threads for the slow benders. Yea!!!
 
I have to do a better job of proof reading. Hope the English teachers aren't reading here.
 
I’m in the slow bend club too. I totally agree that it’s tough on the mind Robin. 45 degrees at 4.5 weeks! I’m getting more relaxed about the numbers but I think life would be easier if I could bend more. I struggle to get in and out of cars and to walk leaving it’s tough for body and mind!
 
Being a slow bender is tough! Yes, it would be easier to do things if we could bend more.

And it wouldn’t mess with the mind so much if our surgeons and PT’s would relax and encourage us by telling us, the bend will come when your swelling goes down, which it will with time and patience. But most of us don’t hear that.
 
I'm in the same slow benders club!!! I have decided it's not going to hold me back, I've got things to do! I make a list every day and if I can get half of the things on my list done I'm satisfied! I have an appointment with my surgeon next week...hope he is satisfied because I'm not doing a MUA.
 
I'm right along with you @hempsteadjb !!! I've been thinking about what I'm going to say to my OS when I go in and i'm not where he wanted me to be! I hit PT tomorrow and I'll find out tomorrow if I've made any flexion progress and if I need to just not go back anymore based on how aggressive they try and treat me! I'll be posting my 7 week results on my thread tomorrow sometime. Hang in there!
 
Totally agree Robin! My mum keeps telling me that and my brother told me that I just must try harder!
 
Don’t listen to them!!!!

The Bonesmart way makes the most sense. I do not know how this work hard to recover ever caught on. :banghead:
 
I tried to tell people the Bonesmart way, some agreed it made the most sense but others couldn’t see it.
 
Try telling them to bend their arm backwards at the elbow! That's how it feels! It CAN'T BE forced!!!
 
My husband was skeptical at first, though he read the printed out posts and articles I put in a little binder for him and the family. It makes perfect sense, though. If you have inflamed lungs, you don't go out and run a race thinking that will push them to get better. For some reason, people think joints, being mechanical, can be exercised into submission. :thud:
 
Yes, or get right out and run on a broken leg...:doh:
 
Thanks for asking :)
I swear I am going backwards. I feel my bend is getting worse.... so sore and tight. At a loss for my next step???
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom