MUA 5 week failure<

That's great!
That 120 bend will probably decrease, due to swelling, but you know it's possible and you will get there again.
 
Robin, that is so great!!!! Keep us posted. I hope this is a new beginning for your new knee...
 
Wonderful. You've been reading Bonesmart so you know what to do now. Sorry you had to go through all that you have. Now let's pray it's onward and upward.
 
120, wow! That's great! But, be careful to not overdo. Your tissues have been reinjured and need time to calm down. Don't be surprised if you swell and lose some ROM. It will come back, though!
 
Keep the faith... Ive had a good outcome with TKR. Keep on pushing. Im going thru a similar thing with a total LHR. Its hard to keep positive but visiting here sure helps. You can do it!!
 
Great news Robin! Sounds like you are headed in a positive direction. As the others have said, take it slow and easy. What a sense of relief you must feel. I'm so happy for you :happydance::flwrysmile:
 
Ya hoo!!!!!! It must feel absolutely fantastic to bend! I can't imagine it right now!
I guess the CPM is working for you? I don't think my OS uses them.

I'm right behind you, scheduled for the 25th. Praying for more bend between now and then but if not... I'm going in as it's getting real hard to function at 60degrees bend.

Hugs!!
 
I can’t tell you all how much your support has helped me. I had so many dark days, couldn’t believe I agreed to this surgery but your post encouraged me and made me feel like I had people on my side. I woke up this morning feeling like the sun shined a little brighter... my walk still isn’t perfect but I can do heel slides and actually have a bend, I did 5 rotations on my bike and I sit in my chair with my legs matched in the bend. I didn’t go to work today figured I needed to rest, ice and practice my bend without the stress of being on my feet all day. Have pt tonight- I will let you all know how it’s going but so far so good! Thank you again for all your helpful words. Couldn’t have done this without you all :)
 
that's great. i really hope you can take a little time off work to tend to your knee (and yourself) without getting overtired and worn out. that is amazing that your bend matches your other knee ~ yay!:yes!:
 
Be very gentle at PT and don't let them hurt you! Your knee has been traumatized again.
 
Just thought I would update: So here I am 4 days since MUA and I am doing well. Did lose some degree of bend but everyday at PT I have gained some back. Knee is sore but feels better after I do my exercises here at home. Pt is tolerable. Swelling is still an issue. I ice /elevate but it really doesn’t go down. Can’t get my muscles to relax especially the one atop of knee cap and left of my knee cap??? Still progressing way better now than I was :)
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom