• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bilateral THR My Bilateral THR Recovery

Sure , that sounds fine. How does BLHR RECOVETY …. or open to suggestions

I added my word "My" and spelled out bilateral (for those who don't know what the B stands for :wink: ).

Hope that's okay with you, @Robert M.

Hope you are doing well @Robert M
I’m finally home after my surgery and thought I’d check in on my fellow double hippie.
Sending you healing wishes

@Robert M , where did you have your bilateral surgery? I’m having a hard time finding someone to do that for me, and I don’t mind traveling to find the right Surgeon! @Robert M

Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well, Robert. Enjoy the weekend! :SUNsmile:
@Robert M

Thanks so much !!! Apologies for not checking in sooner . Had family members come “to help out “ the last few weeks, but my recovery has been so amazing there wasnt much for them to do!!
Pretty much ditched my walker and cane after 2 weeks as i was able to walk on my own. Walking on my own has been a progression, i feel like i make a bit of progress each day, from a comfortability standpoint . Started out w a little limp but looks and feels like its subsided. No pain, however , if i do alot of walking , bending, just general tasks around the house, occasionally get a bit of muscle soreness, which ive been familiar with most of my life. I pay attention to my walking gate, sometimes its easy to slip into presurgery mode. Heel strike walking method has worked well . Gaining strength, mobility and confidence every day. Will add tho, morning stiffness a few minutes to walk off.
All in all , elated w how i feel!!

A few side notes: my appetite has gone thru the roof… starting to gain some weight back , which im very pleased about.

Been able to take our dogs on walks on leash without cane or walker, 1.5-2m usually. My big dog weighs 110lbs . Hes been so perceptive to my condition and knows im getting better, very much more playful w me

Well , thats my update . Gona respond to some peeps .
Wishing eveyone in recovery a speedy and total recovery , and a thank you to the moderators that provide so much info and support!!

What a wonderful and uplifting post, Robert!
Thanks so much for sharing. Happy for you that you’re doing so well.
Have a great week and enjoy! :)
@Robert M

Thank you, Layla ! Hope your week goes splendid

Delighted for you @Robert M. Your update has made my day. You have made such amazing progress in such a short time. More strength and power to you :wowspring:

Thank you!!! Very grateful for my progress…. And grateful that i found Bonesmart before surgery!! All the great info here helped me immensely, both physically n mentally

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Rkelley
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom