Mixii
junior member
- Joined
- Aug 19, 2021
- Messages
- 47
- Age
- 70
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Also —
I had anterior surgery, which scared the h*ll out of me, because I'd read that my condition (acetabular protrusio, coupled with osteopenia) was challenging, especially for an anterior approach.
But my surgeon is young and knowledgeable and trained in this approach, so I read orthopedic journals, asked questions, and decided to "feel the fear and do it anyway."
No restrictions, in spite of the bone graft, et. al.
Which is good, because I immediately resumed forward bends and being on my knees as far as they'd let me.
Try to stop panicking. Your fears are rational, but won't help your healing. The incidence of dislocation from anterior approach surgery is very low. Very. Low.
My surgeon and I were talking about "restrictions" at my 2-week follow-up. He said that "people will tell you this and that," and I told him that he'd told me "no restrictions" and I'd taken that to heart.
This ain't your grandma's hip replacement surgery.
:
I had anterior surgery, which scared the h*ll out of me, because I'd read that my condition (acetabular protrusio, coupled with osteopenia) was challenging, especially for an anterior approach.
But my surgeon is young and knowledgeable and trained in this approach, so I read orthopedic journals, asked questions, and decided to "feel the fear and do it anyway."
No restrictions, in spite of the bone graft, et. al.
Which is good, because I immediately resumed forward bends and being on my knees as far as they'd let me.
Try to stop panicking. Your fears are rational, but won't help your healing. The incidence of dislocation from anterior approach surgery is very low. Very. Low.
My surgeon and I were talking about "restrictions" at my 2-week follow-up. He said that "people will tell you this and that," and I told him that he'd told me "no restrictions" and I'd taken that to heart.
This ain't your grandma's hip replacement surgery.
:
I just might steal this one! Good one, Mixii 

Well…another week has passed. Wondering how you’re doing at six weeks post op? Hopefully you’re feeling more confident, experiencing less pain and an improved ability to comfortably do more physically. Let us know how it’s going for you when you have time.