Guest viewing is limited

TKR 3-17 RTKR and Totally "On Course"

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jerseygirl-in-ca We all try to post our own experiences to help others understand the things we all experience at one time or another and offer support. Though each recovery is unique it is nice to know that we are not alone in what we go through, though perhaps at different points in the recovery process. Understanding helps relieve the worry that something is dramatically wrong. I knwo I felt that way when I first woke up in the recovery area.

May your recovery be smooth and minimally painful!
 
Thank Phil. I am following your recovery. Seeing your way of identifying your implant helped me see mine is a fixed bearing posterior stabilized femoral knee. Now f I could just figure out how to sleep in a position not painful... So much to learn.
 
@Phil75070, just checking in to see how you are doing. I miss your jokes on my thread!
Hope all is well with you! Good luck on the course this week!
This is what I will be saying next year when I get back to golfing. "I'm into golf now. I'm getting pretty good. I can almost hit the ball as far as I can throw the clubs."
Take care!
 
@71Beetle -I love the throwing clubs comment. My dad has always been an avid golfer and he desperately wanted me to acquire the same passion and love for the sport he had. It never happened. I am a lefty so we had difficulties with the student/teacher relationship from the beginning. I tried to use the clubs like a softball bat each time I saw the golf ball perched on that tiny tiny tee! I can drive a divet 200 yards but trying to make contact with the golf ball alluded me for years. My dad finally agreed that golf was not the sport for me after I sent one of his clubs hurdling towards a glass window!:shocked:
 
@71Beetle -I love the throwing clubs comment. My dad has always been an avid golfer and he desperately wanted me to acquire the same passion and love for the sport he had. It never happened. I am a lefty so we had difficulties with the student/teacher relationship from the beginning. I tried to use the clubs like a softball bat each time I saw the golf ball perched on that tiny tiny tee! I can drive a divet 200 yards but trying to make contact with the golf ball alluded me for years. My dad finally agreed that golf was not the sport for me after I sent one of his clubs hurdling towards a glass window!:shocked:[/QUOTE

Hi @DanaDelight,
Nice to meet you. "I always say, if golf liked me as much as as I liked golf, we would have a wonderful relationship." I truly love the sport and I am confident that when I can put more time into it, I will improve.
Enjoy your day!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
All the advertisements tell us the newest clubs go farther and I can attest to that fact. I am getting 10 maybe 15 yards more when I throw my driver!

@71Beetle @DanaDelight Do you know what the term "rider" means in golf? It means you hit the ball far enough to be able to get in the cart and ride to your next shot.
 
I am generally a rider. I have an okay drive and fairway shot, I am just inconsistent. My short game is brutal.
 
@Phil75070 and @JustJeff, Is there a reason men don't get laser treatment on their face so you don't have to shave? My hubby could not give me an answer as to why, he just said that guys don't do that.
Hmm. . Never thought of it before. But my first impression, my feeling, would be a lack of virility, less masculine, thing to do. All the logical reasons follow that. :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 3-17 RTKR and Totally "On Course"
@Phil75070
 
@bottomshollow Thank you for the birthday wishes but I am into celebrating "anniversaries" instead of birthdays. This is my 37th anniversary (of my 30th birthday) - doesn't "37" sound better than "67"?

[Bonesmart.org] 3-17 RTKR and Totally "On Course"
 
Just read your story of pre-surgery tests. You certainly had enough of them. Better to be safe than sorry though. I didn't have that many by any means but I know I had more tests and exams than when I had a physical 6 months prior. It just goes to show how serious this surgery really is.
 
@sleenie All of the testing with me was because they kept finding just enough to require another scan, test, probe, draw........there was nothing that prevented the surgery but I am glad they found the CLL so my OS could use anti-biotic laced cement as a precaution due to increased risk of infection.
 
@Phil75070 You are my hero. I am back to version 2 of the forum & it was so simple I feel dumb. :scratch:
Happy Anniversary!!!!! For some reason that makes me think of the old Fred Flintstone song.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom