TKR 3-17 RTKR and Totally "On Course"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Phil, you were put through the ringer, physically and emotionally! As I said, I went through two biopsies just before my btkr. My next door neighbor went through pre op testing for a surgery in the spring, and they found she had stage 0 lung cancer, so had surgery for that and delayed the other surgery. She has now recouped from both and is back to her extensive gardening, tennis and golf. People shouldn't fear the pre op physicals, but consider it an opportunity to catch something that they should know about sooner than later.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
People shouldn't fear the pre op physicals, but consider it an opportunity to catch something that they should know about sooner than later.

@Janet2012 Absolutely! With all of the testing done on me it was the most extensive physical I have had in, probably, ever. I bet some of these conditions had been there for years it is that they all got found together that made it such a lengthy process to finally get the pre-op approval.

@JustJeff For some reason I never have good dreams about golf. My recurring dream is getting ready to tee off and having no room to swing the club as there is a wall behind me or something that gets in my way. I never hit good shots in my dreams, only in real life!

[Bonesmart.org] 3-17 RTKR and Totally "On Course"
 
Here's my favorite golf shot. Teeing off on the 18th at Harbourtown! (from 2002, when my knees were still sort of OK)
[Bonesmart.org] 3-17 RTKR and Totally "On Course"
 
@JustJeff For some reason I never have good dreams about golf. My recurring dream is getting ready to tee off and having no room to swing the club as there is a wall behind me or something that gets in my way. I never hit good shots in my dreams, only in real life!

Better than the other way around!
 
Hi @Phil75070 and @JustJeff, when we do all get together for the reunion, can I score a spot on your foursome? Speaking of golf, of course! I would love to just listen to you banter back and forth while getting some good golf tips.
 
Of course fashion and shoe tips will be on the table! I am always open to getting help in those departments too! :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Of course fashion and shoe tips will be on the table! I am always open to getting help in those departments too! :)

@71Beetle The "tips" will depend on whether you dress to please men, dress to impress other women or you dress for yourself.

Between @JustJeff and I we got you covered! Now golf tips on the course I never give.
 
Since most of us are looking to save money where we can, a few places I have found are:

zennioptical.com - single vision eyeglasses start as low as $6.95/pair. Strong prescriptions, bifocal or progressive lenses are more expensive. They have a wide range of frames to choose from. Made in China. I have been using them for the last 4-5 years.

nbgsd.com - name brand golf shirts and other golf related clothing items at deep discounts off retail. I have not bought a polo style shirt from anywhere else for probably the last 10 years. Order typically ships next day.

dorcousa.com - disposable razors and shaving systems. 4 6-blade with trimmer cartridges for men sell for $6.75. Compare that to what you pay in the stores. They also have women's razors and shaving systems.

[Bonesmart.org] 3-17 RTKR and Totally "On Course"
 
@Phil75070 - I am getting to check those sites out. Thanks for the tips!

The issue with me buying from US sites is that I get killed on the shipping and sometimes have to pay duty upon receipt of package. It is understandable that it is there, but it does not save me money in the long run. And I truly support the shop local as much as I can if it makes sense $$ wise.
 
Name brand razor blades are ridiculously expensive. They practically give away the the razors and get you by the blades!

There was a 60 Minutes segment on eyeglass frames and most of the frames and many of the retail chains are actually made and owned by the same company! That industry is practically a monopoly so there really is no competition. Luxottica is the name of the company and they actually list all of their retail outlets and name brand frames. It is quite a list for both.

The shirts I get from NBGSD I cannot find in stores - what are referred to as "Tour Logo".
 
Want to save money on blades? I use 4 blades (not packages, single) per year! I strop them on my arm. Blades don't go dull, they go crooked, like steels on knives.
 
I stopped watching Discovery Health at this time as well because I was convinced I had every disease the show spot lighted no matter how rare.
Yes, those shows can be dangerous. :wink:
 
@Phil75070 and @JustJeff, Is there a reason men don't get laser treatment on their face so you don't have to shave? My hubby could not give me an answer as to why, he just said that guys don't do that.
 
Hi @Phil75070

You are always so kind to drop by my thread that I just wanted to say HELLO on your thread.

Enjoy your day!

Lisa
 
@gazelle7777 Now it is only muscle pain, like having a constant Charlie Horse in my calf and hamstring and to a lesser degree my quad just above the knee. The knee itself is pretty solid and without pain. The pain is different, the level perhaps comparable.

Sorry to hear you are going through all this but your posting has explained why I am so sore. I read my surgical report and due to an accident two years ago I had a severe valgus deformity. Reading all the things he id I now know why sleeping is so hard as he resected bones, cut some parts and released others that were too tight. I do ok except at night. Then it is really painful. Had I not seen your post I wouldn't have gotten it. Day 4 I was home and having a pt visit. The guy was too aggressive and caused severe swelling and pain. Now seeing this repor and him not seeing it, he idd standard work but it seems more i done including resection of the tibia. (at least on me) The second time he came I made him back off. Reading my surgical report glad I did. Seems after your post then reading my surgical report, I have more questions for the PT on how to help me after they see the report. At least I understand why my hip hurt .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom