PKR 2happy's Recovery<<'

@KarriB I go to that nut job doc Thursday. I gave heads up to my doc who said we will work with you. My appointment with Ortho proves I am not recovered yet
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@2happy Keeping my fingers crossed that the shot, rest and gentle exercises will yield improvement for you. :loveshwr:
 
Latest update.... I had cortisone shot in knee, lateral side on Tuesday do the persistent swelling, poor ROM an pain. ORTHO chose this first to see I it would improve my knee. I am also using lidocaine patch for nerve irritation. I can walk without limp! I can see my knee cap and it looks pretty normal. Range of motion has remained at 90 but knee not as tight. I am praying this works so I will not need scope/ manipulation..
I am also saw workmen comp doc yesterday, horrible experience. The adjustable (whose job is to pay my medical expenses) , made this appointment to end Medicare all treatment for my work injury. This I was my 3rd time seeing this doc. The current info he had on me was my operative report. I gave very brief herbal update of current status. How is he supposed to make recommendations of he has no idea what's going on? I was so angry I let let him know how incompetent the adjustable is and asked him how he does his job! My husband also vented.. I am sure my lawyer will be angry but I will be my own advocate
 
Pain with walking. I had cortisone shot a week ago due to swelling, tight appearance and poor ROM. I also started using lidocaine patches. As the swelling has decreased I have 95 degrees flexion ( was stuck at 90 for 3-4 weeks), I was told to walk more and that it would be painful. Since I started walking more I have had increase pain on medial side (I had PKR on medial side), I have had trouble sleeping due to sharp stab like pain that comes with movement. I am concerned and frustrated. I don't want a MUA
 
I'm not sure an MUA is the answer. If you're willing to answer Josephine's questions she may be able to give you some advice. Are you up for it?
 
@KarriB , yes of course. I also received report from the workmens comp doc....he agrees with my Ortho s plan.
I just want to k
 
[emoji848] I'm Workman's comp, too, from a fall 5 yrs ago with a torn meniscus that has developed into no cartilage medial. I work full time now and hope to be part time working into full time after my surgery.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
@Josephine , @2happy is experiencing pain with her RPKR and the OS is suggesting an MUA. She's willing to answer your questions to receive some of your free expert advice. :yes:
 
@Dragonfly7 How is your workmen comp case going? I also started with meniscus tear that over 2 years wore out cartilage, went from OA 2, that progressed to 3 that necessitated pkr..I had developed neuroma after 2nd scope that required surgery. I have had to fight WC every step with IME' s..My lawyer has helped but not really a patient advocate. Would love to hear your experience with WC.
 
I just want to k
Was that an accident or text speak? If the latter, please please don't use text speak on this forum. This Luddite doesn't text so I have no idea what's being said!

Anyway, here are the questions (though you have had them before)

I'd like to ask you some questions if you don't mind, and it would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are ....

1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine)

2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?

3. how swollen is your leg compared to these?
[Bonesmart.org] 2happy's Recovery<<'


4. what is your ROM - that's flexion (bend) and extension (straightness)

5. are you icing your knee at all? If so, how often and for how long?

6. are you elevating your leg. If so how often and for how long?

7. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and

8. are you doing any exercises at home? If so what and how often?
This is the most crucial question so please help me by using the format I have left as an example
(which means please make a list and not an essay!)

Exercises done at home
- how many sessions you do each day
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.

Anything done at PT
- how many times a week
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.
 
It was an error in typing. Yes I have answered those questions before. Sorry
 
But @2happy - your answers were given over a month ago. I'm sure a lot has changed since then. If you want Josephine's advice, she needs your answers about what you are doing now.
Please answer the questions again, with more up-to-date answers.
 
Yep - absolutely! Do your homework again so I can do my homework again! :snork:
 
@2happy
I went for 5 yrs after a work fall & meniscus tear (had MRI) & just thought I had to live w/ pain & swelling. My case got closed. Then about 1.5 yrs ago, I started really hurting, had cortisone shot & opened the comp case back up. They've paid mostly pretty easily. Had Xrays, 2nd cortisone, rec MRI & surprise, I was CL IV on medial, no damage on lateral, had 3 synvisc inj, no relief, was given unloader brace: got worse. Comp encouraged arthroscopy. Had that 10/2016. OS cleaned up the severely torn meniscus & scraped a bit here & there, went to PT & am somewhat better BUT comp was not overjoyed to find out I needed a partial knee. So, all in all, about 1.5 yrs of trial & error. PKR approved, surg 3/22. How was your PKR?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Dragonfly7-- sorry for late response. I was ill with diverticulitis for past week n half!
My PKR, has been eventful to say the least. I recently required cortisone shot in knee cap area due to swelling and poor flexion. I am walking better! Flexion is now 95 with PT forcing knee to 103. I go back to Ortho 3/21 for eval if manipulation will be needed. My adjustor with workmen comp is difficult and lacks any understanding of my knee complexity. Hope you are doing okay


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So far so good. Surg is 3/22
My wk comp seems to be doing what they're supposed to be. He promises the home equip I need will come. We'll see:)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That's great your WC person is working with you! Advice: make sure you stay active preppy, as much as you can, it will help postop.
Off for my walk !
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't let your PT force your knee. It will only cause inflammation and swelling, which is just what you don't want.

Oh I pull back and have cursed! My knee cap / patella isn't sitting right and per PT not moving in the groove. PT noted I have swelling after each session, duh !
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom