PKR 2happy's Recovery<<'

I am almost 8 weeks post op so my concern is the continued pain.
One more question : at 8 weeks post op is it common to still need oxycodone?
Very common. An awful lot of people continue to take it as long as 3 or even 4 months. 8 weeks is still very, very early in the process.
I get tight feeling like vice around knee. I am confused if this feeling is pain, which leads to no sleep at night.
It surely is pain. Read this "Tight band" feeling across the front of my knee
I ice for 30 minutes throughout day leg elevated
I thought so. You actually accomplish little or nothing in 20 minutes. Ice for at least 40-60mins and more than 4 times a day.
My activity is indoor walking to and from bathroom, cooking, dishes, and to therapy.
Okay
@Josephine Thank you so much, wasn't sure what tightness was.
It's helpful is you tag the correct person! It wasn't me left you that post, it was Celle!
 
I appreciate all the advice from celle and josephine, helps to guide me through process of healing
 
My case is a workmen comp case. I am 9 weeks post op, struggling to walk and do adl' s. I am doing PT twice a week and home exercises. I was notified workmens comp is demanding an IME (independent medical evaluation), this is done by their doctor (have had two before, lasts 5-10 minutes). Workmen comp is trying to stop 'medical treatment'. This goes against my ortho recommendations. Any advice??
 
I don't know anything about workman' comp. Will the talk to your doctor or just examine you? What is your job?
 
@KarriB Typically doc reviews med record, he (have seen same doc 2 other times), he makes it clear he asks the questions and I am not allowed to say anything unless he asks questions. He does brief exam, it all lasts 5-10 minutes. My husband has to take off work and we have to drive one hour to get to his office. Workmen comp is not for employees. I am a RN, that did12 hour shifts until I couldn't do it anymore, then had ONE . in November
 
I am going to fight. I will go see their doctor but I was told its ultimately my ortho decision. I am just angry that I have to go through all this while trying to heal
 
Before surgery my OS told me I'd need to take 12 weeks off from my position as a first grade teacher. I had an infection, so needed all 12 weeks and had a phased return at that time. I went back to mornings only for 6 weeks, full time at 18.
 
If it's your OS decision when you go back to work I wouldn't worry about the worker's comp doctor visit. It is a real bother to have to go. I work 10 hour shifts and I was out for 12 weeks on short term disability. My OS automatically filled out my paper work for 12 weeks. I did try to make some changes at work to make it easier on my knee and me. I need to draw up meds from vials for my 16 patients at a time so found an area where I could sit instead of stand to do so.
 
Frustrated... trying to find balance of walking without overdoing it. I had PT last evening, had long talk with PT with hubby present. We compared knees in size & wrinkles. I had no wrinkles in right-(knee of pkr), knee with tight, shiny, hard to touch & pitting edema. PT couldn't move knee cap like she could last week. My flexibility is 90 -95 with no improvement in 2 weeks. PT seems to think this par for the course and said 'this is 3rd surgery'.
Thanks for letting me vent
 
It doesn't seem PT is getting you the results you want. Why not take a vacation from PT and go about your daily living and perhaps riding a bike at 0 tension. If your soft tissues are inflamed and swollen exercise is not always the best thing.
 
@KarriB I wish I could stop OR but since it's workmens comp I can't or they will refuse to pay for anything--ortho or my partial salary. I have been told I have to see their doc next week, workmens comp wants to stop medical treatment..My ortho provided note yesterday based on PT report that I can't drive due to flexibility and narc use. This is too stressful
 
@2happy I hope things get better. I know first hand it's not easy dealing with work stuff while trying to concentrate on healing. I don't know about workmens comp but I do know that your health and future well being are more important. Best of luck to you!
 
Hopefully the note will convince the WC doctor. Don't do any of the exercises at home if you're doing them at PT. It I'll give your knee time to recover from PT.
 
At my last PT session the PT discussed with me and hubby that my flexion in knee hasn't changed for over 2 weeks. She said she was going to report that flexion not improving and the pitting edema. She thinks a I need a manipulation of knee. The next day Ortho office called and scheduled me for appointment this Tuesday. I am concerned about appointment with ortho nd having to have another procedure. More sleepless nights
 
@Mirelle. Had ortho appointment, after discussion with hubby, myself and other doc----decision was go conservative....cortisone shot to see if swelling will respond and ROM improves. If this doesn't work then he will do scope with manipulation. So we wait to see response to shot
 
Back
Top Bottom