TKR 21 June 2016 & 18 October 2016 Life Begins Again

It's something about putting on beautiful pjs that makes us feel so much better. Add to that just a touch of makeup and all's right in the world!
 
A credit card and Oxy are a terrible combination! Thank God I didn't mess up and buy anything, but I did mess up my checkbook. It seemed I couldn't add or subtract correctly. Hey, I wasn't hurting, but my brain was! It takes a long time for that fog to go away. Even after being off of the drugs for a while, the fog was still there.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: TML
I'm still in the fog - decided I enjoy it more the second time around! I'm not in a hurry to stop the meds as we just got them well balanced. :chillpill:
 
That's the important part. You must stay comfortable to be able to rest to be able to heal!
 
  • Agree
Reactions: TML
I'm in bed using your pillow stack suggestion. It is amazing. Almost instant relief from the hip pain when I tucked the top pillow under my thigh. Thank you, thank you, knee-twin!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
TML, during my TKR I decided to embrace the foggy sleepiness. Since I typically don't nap normally I decided to accept it. :zzz:
 
  • Agree
Reactions: TML
@sheliac I am so glad it helped you. It's made a huge difference for me as well.

@KarriB I so agree. It's crazy - we almost need to give ourselves permission to care for ourselves. Until you hear differently, I'm in 'the fog'!
:yawn:
 
FYI to those following my thread, @sheliac in her comment above, is referring to another way to stack pillows while icing (works on the recliner and in bed) besides the 3 pillows stacked lengthwise. Home PT suggested stacking 2 pillows crosswise (to your body), then one angled lengthwise on top of the 2 pillows. Tuck the end of the lengthwise pillow way under your thigh. Frequently I don't put June knee on the lengthwise pillow, only on the crosswise. I hope I explained this well enough. I haven't had the sciatic pain with this arrangement - am thinking of you also @qwilter
 
That sounds interesting and it may help someone else. Is there any way that you can post us a photo of your pillow stacking?
 
  • Agree
Reactions: TML
Yes, in the morning when I'm more alert, I'll research how to do that.
 
I cant believe your QVC/credit card nighttime folly!!
:rotfl:
You must hand in your credit card immediately. But on a serious note, it sounds like all is going well for you. I'm happy to hear that.
 
  • Funny
Reactions: TML
Good morning. Did you sleep well last night? I'm looking forward to seeing your photo of the pillow stack. Every so often my hip acts up, also.
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: TML
I have to report that pillow stack method relieved my hip joint pain and I slept thru the night without having to get up and walk to get my hip uncramped. I pulled lengthwise pillow as far up as I could, almost under my hip. I also started out with another small pillow under foot on top of crosswise pillows, for more elevation but that got lost in the night :).I only used it for new knee (knee 1 got just needs one lengthwise pillow). Thank you! :)


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: TML
[Bonesmart.org] 21 June  2016 & 18 October 2016 Life Begins Again

I'm posting 2 pics of the pillow stack position that has not aggravated my sciatica: I position the lengthwise pillow under my thigh until it feels comfortable, remembering to keep the entire leg fairly straight. Here I am in bed.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 21 June  2016 & 18 October 2016 Life Begins Again

Here's a pic in the recliner, using the same principle. I use extra firm pillows.
 
Now, that makes sense! I'm glad you found something to help you.
 
That seems to support your hip better, TML. I'm glad you found something to help.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom