BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

2019 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Mar 1, 2019.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    june 68.jpg @elliott52, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
    We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

2. bottomshollow

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 June 2019 nc3 (partial Mako)
    04 June 2019 newpartial (partial), Brandymom
    05 June 2019 dogwalker2
    06 June 2019 SushiQ (her hubby), LaxMom, Sunnyo, vlambert
    07 June 2019 tabbykit (revision)
    08 June 2019 Loopy Lou (partial)
    10 June 2019 MzCookie
    11 June 2019 Bayplace
    12 June 2019 BCSAnna
    13 June 2019 cathyn518 (partial), pelican58 (partial)
    14 June 2019 AmeliaP, Mountain Kat
    17 June 2019 Tsquared, Denise1 (Mako)
    18 June 2019 Trixicle
    20 June 2019 Elliott52
    21 June 2019 Renmusical
    24 June 2019 Poctdb
    25 June 2019 Lucielou (partial), ronluvsuz, Wannagolf (Mako)
    26 June 2019 Lucy1
    27 June 2019 Doxielover (Mako), Izzy59, HorseyLady (revision)

3. bottomshollow

june 61.png @tabbykit, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

4. HorseyLady

HorseyLady senior

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Revision Left TKR is going to happen on 27th June. Nervous!

5. bottomshollow

june 80.jpg @HorseyLady, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

6. pelican58

pelican58 new member

Australia Australia
    Hi I'm scheduled for a Patellofemoral knee replacement 13th June! Glad I've found this great forum and think it will be useful in the post-op period. Great advice on what to have ready for this time especially on how to raise legs properly.

7. bottomshollow

june 81.jpg @pelican58, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

8. bottomshollow

sunbeams 1.jpg @Sunnyo, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

9. bottomshollow

june 63.jpg @Lucy1, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care
    !

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mountain Kat

Mountain Kat senior

I'm back! Having my right knee done on Friday! Working on getting everything ready now...

11. bottomshollow

june 83.jpg @Mountain Kat, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bottomshollow

june 65.png @vlambert, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

13. Renmusical

Renmusical new member

I'm new to the group and am scheduled for outpatient right TKR on June 21st. I had a severe medial meniscus tear 13 years ago and also received the news that I had osteoarthritis. I had knee arthroscopy in 2006 to remove the portion of damaged meniscus. Over the years I've tried PT, cortisone injections and Orthovisc injections as well as significant weight loss. The pain and limited range of motion of my knee have gotten to the breaking point of diminishing my quality of life, limiting my activities and I have made the decision to have TKR. If recovery goes well I plan to have TKR of my left knee as well as both knees are bone on bone.

14. Trixicle

Trixicle new member

Canada Canada
    Having TKR Tuesday June 18th, 2019. Second one for me, had left knee done in 2007. Amazed at how much new stuff is happening with this surgery now. Yeah hopefully, less pain after

15. bottomshollow

june 29.jpg @Renmusical, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

16. bottomshollow

june 48.jpg @Trixicle, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

17. Wannagolf

Wannagolf new member

Scheduled for Mako TKR 6/25/19! Very anxious to get past surgery and onto recovery. Hoping I'm good in 3 months for stepdaughters wedding! I will need a foot fusion (on other leg in the Fall). That will be a long and painful recovery so hoping the TKR goes quickly and smoothly.

18. bottomshollow

june 84.jpg @Wannagolf, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!