BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

2019 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Poctdb

Poctdb new member

United States United States
    TLKR scheduled June 24. I can hardly wait. MAKO is my friend....the surgeon said my knee looks like a candy cane (he exaggerates) He also said I was the patient MAKO was targeted towards.

2. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 June 2019 nc3 (partial Mako)
    04 June 2019 newpartial (partial), Brandymom
    05 June 2019 dogwalker2
    06 June 2019 SushiQ (her hubby), LaxMom
    08 June 2019 Loopy Lou (partial)
    10 June 2019 MzCookie
    11 June 2019 Bayplace
    12 June 2019 Cynof4, BCSAnna
    13 June 2019 cathyn518 (partial)
    14 June 2019 AmeliaP
    17 June 2019 Tsquared, Denise1 (Mako)
    20 June 2019 Elliott52
    24 June 2019 Poctdb
    25 June 2019 Lucielou (partial), ronluvsuz
    27 June 2019 Doxielover (Mako), Izzy59

3. bottomshollow

june 39.jpg @Poctdb, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
    We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

4. Izzy59

Izzy59 junior member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    LTKR scheduled for 27 June, can't wait to get it done and out of the way

• Like Like x 1
  5. bottomshollow

june 61.png @Izzy59, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

6. bottomshollow

june 70.jpg @Loopy Lou, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

7. dogwalker2

dogwalker2 new member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Left Hip Replacement: August 2017
    Left TKR : 5th June 2019
    Right TKR : tba

Just got my date for left tkr - 5th June. I am 2 years on from my left hip replacement and will need to have a right tkr later this year. Right hip still holding on!!! My hip was brilliant, but I have got quite nervous about my ltkr as everyone seems to be having so much more pain and struggle with knees. Still - it has to be done. At the moment when I stand up to walk I lurch around for a few steps until my knees click in and can take my weight. This is not doing my back any favours! Anyhow, here's hoping it is better than I anticipate. My daughter is only 12 and finds my postop recouperation a struggle as well xx Good luck to all June sunbeams!

8. bottomshollow

june 58.jpg @dogwalker2, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

9. nc3

nc3 new member

I am scheduled for a MAKO PKR on June 3rd

10. bottomshollow

june 71.jpg @nc3, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. elliott52

elliott52 new member

I am waiting for my ortho office to call and give me a surgery date for total left knee replacement. I finished all the test today for my surgery clearance. June is the month!

Yes, hopefully I can get scheduled for this month. I finished all the clearance, so now I wait for the call.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2019
  12. bottomshollow

@elliott52, as soon as you have a date, let me know; then I can put you on the surgery list.

13. elliott52

elliott52 new member

Thank you. I’m still trying to learn my way around. I have found so much helpful information already.

14. ronluvsuz

ronluvsuz new member

TKR scheduled June 25th

• Like Like x 1
  15. Denise1

Denise1 new member

I'm having a Mako assisted TKR of the left knee on 6/17 due to severe osteoarthritis and am knock kneed. I will be having the right knee done 6 - 8 weeks later.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
  16. MzCookie

MzCookie new member

Please add me to the June Sunbeams:

10 June 2019 MzCookie

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2019
  17. elliott52

elliott52 new member

I am scheduled for left knee TKR, on June 20, 2019. Please add me to the June Sunbeams. Thank you for the abundance of information on this site. It as been so helpful.

18. bottomshollow

june 34.jpg @ronluvsuz, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

19. bottomshollow

june 51.jpg @Denise1, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care
    !

20. bottomshollow

june 69.jpg @MzCookie, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!