BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. Announcing BoneSmart's NEW Joint Surgeon Locator tool

We are pleased to now offer a tool to help you find just the right surgeon for your needs.

Read more about this in this announcement:

Dismiss Notice

2019 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Mar 1, 2019.

1. LaxMom

LaxMom senior

United States United States
    hi @Sunnyo! We can be surgical buddies - same surgery date.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BCSAnna

BCSAnna junior member

@Cynof4

Thanks for the welcome to the June Sunbeams and for being my surgery buddy. The countdown clock to the OR is now at 6 weeks for us! :scary:

Anna

3. Cynof4

Cynof4 junior member

@BCSAnna,

It seemed like such a long time just a few weeks ago :bolt:LOL..
    I’m trying to get in my gardening and walks while I can. :hiking:

How are you feeling? I have a joint replacement class and pre op appts coming up. Are you all ready?

~Cynthia

4. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 June 2019 newpartial (partial), Brandymom
    06 June 2019 SushiQ (her hubby), LaxMom
    11 June 2019 Bayplace, Smokey253
    12 June 2019 Cynof4, BCSAnna
    13 June 2019 cathyn518 (partial)
    14 June 2019 AmeliaP
    17 June 2019 Tsquared
    25 June 2019 Lucielou (partial)

27 June 2019 Doxielover (Mako)

5. bottomshollow

june 63.jpg @LaxMom, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
    We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

6. bottomshollow

june 51.jpg @BCSAnna, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care
    !

7. Smokey253

Smokey253 member

Round 2! I have just been scheduled for my right TKR on June 11th. 3 month anniversary from my left TKR. excited to have both done and well on the way to recovery by end of summer

8. bottomshollow

june 33.jpg @Smokey253, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

9. BCSAnna

BCSAnna junior member

@Cynof4

No, I am not ready for this!:yikes: The hardest part is getting my head mentally prepared for this. I am not stressed out over the surgery itself, as my BC surgery and reconstruction was 9-1/2 hours long in the OR. The decision to proceed with surgery that time was easy...do it or die! However, this time I am afraid I am still in denial that my OA is as severe as it really is. Never mind the fact that I can barely walk at all!:bawl:I am scheduled for my medical clearance exam; pre-admission testing; and "joint replacement" classes the week after next. Perhaps after that my mind will be in a better position to finally accept the reality that I really do need new knees!:unsure: At any rate, the post-op recovery from this "adventure" concerns me a lot more than the surgery itself.:scaredycat:

Anna

10. Tsquared

Tsquared new member

Had my first LTKR last October and am scheduled on June 17th for a RTKR. It is a bit comforting knowing what to expect but a bit unnerving knowing that I will have to depend on this new knee that I am still learning how to use and feel comfortable with. So glad I found this space towards the end of my first recovery and before my second round! It is a great resource!
    :flwrysmile:

11. bottomshollow

june 59.jpg @Tsquared, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here.

12. Cynof4

Cynof4 junior member

@BCS,
    I know what you mean about being mentally prepared. I am a natural worrier! I'm at peace about the surgery. I know what to expect there. I've chosen general anesthesia with nerve blocks and locals and I feel good about that. But RECOVERY??? My mind is full of "what ifs?" and FOP (Fear of Pain) :scare:I feel like I know my pain now- we're old friends.:heehee: What if the recovery pain is 10x worse???:yikes: I'm researching as much as I can beforehand and preparing my home and schedule. I'm probably driving my OS and his staff crazy with questions, but they have been very kind and patient with me. I'll worry until I see how I feel on the other side...

April literally flew by and I know May will too!!!

13. BCSAnna

BCSAnna junior member

@Cynof4

I am doing my homework...I think I ordered from Amazon just about every book they had on TKR surgery.:banghead: I also now have all of my durable medical equipment...shower grab bars; raised toilet seat; walker; cold therapy machine; etc. I am also getting my house ready. Yesterday my husband rolled up some area rugs that would be in my path and we moved some furniture around. Fortunately, our house is all on one level which helps. I will just have to master three steps to get into my front door...worst case, hubby will have to carry me up the steps.:heehee: I am setting up my "nest" in our spare bedroom as the plan is to confine our two Siamese cats in the MBR until I am stable standing and walking on my new knee. They are going to yell like crazy; but, the last thing I would need is for one of the kitties to try walking between my feet and me falling on my new knee.:yikes:

I will be having spinal anesthesia along with twilight sedation and post-op, I will be given a nerve block in my leg. I just hope that the choice for preventing blood clots is not those heparin injections I got the last time...they sting like he**:scare:At any rate, I have had the twilight sedation before when I had surgery on the joints of my fingers. Yes, I have the gift of osteoarthris that just keeps giving. :boohoo: I am good with that sedation as I won't need a breathing tube or ventilator this time around. However, I have no experience with spinal anesthesia so I'll be like the blind orthopedic surgeon, who picked up his hammer and his saw and said, "We'll see!" :heehee:

Anna

14. bottomshollow

[​IMG] Dear Members, This thread is for listing your surgery date and to give you a place to see who is having surgery along with you this month.

Discussion should take place between you in your own threads in the pre op forum. You and your questions and concerns will not get the attention they deserve on this thread like they will in your own threads.

Here are some links to help you start your own thread, locate your thread, and locate another member's thread:
    Starting a new thread and posting
    How can I find my threads and posts?
    Finding another member's threads and posts

15. AmeliaP

AmeliaP new member

Hello,

I’m not sure if this is where I’m supposed to start or not.

I’m scheduled for right TKR on June 14th. I’ve had arthroscopic surgery on both knees. The left was five years ago and the right was August, 2016. This forum has already given me so much information—Thank you!

16. bottomshollow

june 29.jpg @AmeliaP, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

17. Lucielou

Lucielou new member

June 25th - Lateral unicompartmental with Mako

• Like Like x 1
  18. bottomshollow

june 74.jpg @Lucielou, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

19. cathyn518

cathyn518 new member

Scheduled for a PKR or TKR on June 13th. Daughter is getting married June 1st and I don't know if I am going to be ready mentally or set up by surgery day but I can't put it off anymore. Worried about my dog, my garden while I am healing. My husband and son will be here to help but I think they may be still asking what's for dinner out of habit

20. bottomshollow

june 62.jpg @cathyn518, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!