@Cynof4
I am doing my homework...I think I ordered from Amazon just about every book they had on TKR surgery.

I also now have all of my durable medical equipment...shower grab bars; raised toilet seat; walker; cold therapy machine; etc. I am also getting my house ready. Yesterday my husband rolled up some area rugs that would be in my path and we moved some furniture around. Fortunately, our house is all on one level which helps. I will just have to master three steps to get into my front door...worst case, hubby will have to carry me up the steps.

I am setting up my "nest" in our spare bedroom as the plan is to confine our two Siamese cats in the MBR until I am stable standing and walking on my new knee. They are going to yell like crazy; but, the last thing I would need is for one of the kitties to try walking between my feet and me falling on my new knee.
I will be having spinal anesthesia along with twilight sedation and post-op, I will be given a nerve block in my leg. I just hope that the choice for preventing blood clots is not those heparin injections I got the last time...they sting like he**

At any rate, I have had the twilight sedation before when I had surgery on the joints of my fingers. Yes, I have the gift of osteoarthris that just keeps giving.

I am good with that sedation as I won't need a breathing tube or ventilator this time around. However, I have no experience with spinal anesthesia so I'll be like the blind orthopedic surgeon, who picked up his hammer and his saw and said, "We'll see!"
Anna