• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

2019 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

bottomshollow

ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United States United States

If you're having surgery in the month of June, I hope you'll join our June Sunbeams for a bright start to your life with your new joint!

Your fellow Sunbeams will help you along the way with warm hugs and lots of support!

We have found that surgery and recovery is easier if you have a group of folks who are going through similar experiences.

So post and tell us your surgery date and get ready to meet your fellow June Sunbeams!

OP
OP
bottomshollow

bottomshollow

ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

sunbeams 2.jpg

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 June 2019 newpartial (partial), Brandymom
06 June 2019 SushiQ (her hubby)
11 June 2019 Bayplace
12 June 2019 Cynof4
27 June 2019 Doxielover (Mako)

newpartial

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello I am booked in for a patella femoral replacement 04th June totally terrified but have been reading posts on the forum which are helping ... a bit

OP
OP
bottomshollow

bottomshollow

ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
june 1.jpg
@newpartial, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Cynof4

Country
TKR scheduled for June 12th. Stage 4 osteoarthritis.

OP
OP
bottomshollow

bottomshollow

ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
june 2.jpg
@Cynof4, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

OP
OP
bottomshollow

bottomshollow

ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
june 4.jpg
@SushiQ and hubby, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Doxielover

Country
Hello,
Scheduled for MAKO RTKA June 27th. Moderate to severe arthritis and large joint effusion. Had L hip replacement in January 2017.

OP
OP
bottomshollow

bottomshollow

ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
june 19.jpg
@Doxielover, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

OP
OP
bottomshollow

bottomshollow

ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
june 18.jpg
@Bayplace, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

ronluvsuz

Country
Having TKR at the end of June. Date will be set after medical clearance is done. I’m pretty nervous to have it at my age.

newpartial

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi @Brandymom same day as me. Had my pre op appointment letter through and now all feels very real. I am very nervous too.

OP
OP
bottomshollow

bottomshollow

ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
june 19.jpg
@Brandymom, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

LaxMom

senior
Country
Hello everyone! I have a left knee replacement scheduled for June 6. I did my right knee and left hip in the fall of 2014 - just 5 weeks apart. I am so pleased with the results of my previous surgeries and look forward to what I hope is the last of my bionic replacements! I am using the same physician, but this time he is doing it in a same day, outpatient setting. Curious if anyone else is doing this. So much has changed since 2014!

BCSAnna

Country
Hello! I am scheduled for a right TKR on June 12th. I have extremely severe OA (bone on bone) in both of my knees which is now really impacting my mobility and quality of life. I was ready to "pull the trigger" on getting my right knee surgery a couple of years ago; but, I was then diagnosed with breast cancer. And, after spending two years of my life going through that ordeal, the very last thing I wanted to see was the inside of a hospital! And so, I reclaimed my life for awhile and put up with my bad knees. Something I can no longer do and so I'll get my new right knee first and then go back for round #2 and get my new left knee. Truth be told, I am more terrified of this upcoming surgical experience and recovery than I was with BC!

Cynof4

Country
@BCSAnna,
We can be surgery buddies! I’m also scheduled for right TKR on June 12th. I’m also terrified. :scaredycat:
Everyone here has been very patient and informative with all my questions. Welcome to June sunbeams!

~Cynthia

Sunnyo

Country
Canada Canada
Just got my date for rtkr. June 6. Was originally scheduled in March but was delayed due to broken wrist. Glad to have a date. It will be 3 years and a few days since my ltrk. Hope it goes as well.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kurt_H
Recent bookmarks

Trending hash tags