2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

[Bonesmart.org] 2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@geraldined, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!



[Bonesmart.org] 2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "HIP" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

01 April 2019 bewilder
02 April 2019 mollymum, geraldined
03 April 2019 SarahBee, beachlily
04 April, 2019 Carriemay60 (hemiarthroplasty), Fairydell, 907Bionic
08 April 2019 rczone
09 April 2019 Angel63, 59billy
12 April 2019 heartscall
13 April 2019 Sam49
15 April 2019 Chappyd, wayner1, JennyLynne (bilateral), Sylvanian
17 April 2019 electek
19 April 2019 Wonderwine
22 April 2019 Tina65
23 April 2019 inthebeginning (revision), Bonetired
24 April 2019 Harry3699, Lady Bear
25 April 2019 Roadto50, Kenello
26 April 2019 hippychic
29 April 2019 Bfam85
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@Hattiecat, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi all! I am new to this forum, but I am so glad to find a place like this. I am 36 and will be having a hip replacement on the 23rd of this month. I am anxious, nervous and worried. I attended the Pre-Op clinic last week and the majority there were older people who gave me plenty of horror stories of previous joint replacements and how easy it is to dislocate the hip during recovery. "It just pops out." Is this true? I am nervous as it is, but their stories made it worse. Any advice or support would be much appreciated x
 
Hello @OJ2015 and welcome to our April Rainbows :wave:
You should absolutely NOT be afraid of dislocating your new hip; the chances of that happening are slim to none when you take the prescribed precautions. I had my right hip replaced in 2014 and will be having my left one done on April 29th, and so I have read many people's experiences since that time. Most people have had wonderful outcomes; I would concentrate on them and not ruminate on what terrible things can happen..which type of surgery will you be having? I will be having anterior as this is the surgery that my OS specializes in....and it also comes with minimal precautions....He actually told me that I had no restrictions, but I used caution nevertheless. PS My 90 year old Mother broke her hip last August and had a partial replacement; she's doing great :)
 
Hi there
I just signed up and also new to forums in general. But I do want to thank "bottomshollow" for a wonderful introduction. I had a total hip replacement in early April and I'm at 2 weeks post op. So, here, I am hoping to find friends and helpful advice and to get a since of what's normal, expectations, guidance, etc.
Do you suggest a good forum to start in?, or do I start my own?, how does it work?
Thanks so much, looking forward to it.
 
@rczone, I need the exact date of your surgery so I can put you on the recovery club list.

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the Hip Replacement Recovery forum.

To start a new thread, hover your mouse over "Hip" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the the "Recovery" forum.

On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white.

Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Thank you for the welcome. I had my surgery April 8, 2019...about 12pm. I spent 1 night in the hospital and was released the following day, in the afternoon. From there I went home, and receive physical therapy at home 3 times a week, and do my own therapy as well. Your information was very helpful in getting me started, thank you so much. I did post in the forum and hope to hear from other folks and their experience, and tips, etc.
Thanks again, I look forward to hearing from members....and caring.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@rczone, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow! As you can see, I have moved your posts and mine from the January surgery list thread into the April thread.

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Thanks so much bottomshollow. What is the "April surgery list"? and the "April Rainbow"? Is that a separate forum?, I do not see where...or what that is?
 
...oh, wait...I think it is here, in this thread.
Thank you again.
 
Hi OJ2015
Welcome to the Rainbow coalition!, ha ha. Hey I'm 56 and very athletic, and I have definitely overdone it when it comes to recovery, but it hasn't slipped out yet. I joined BoneSmart forums to try to get a better handle on physical therapy and activity that I should and should not be doing and to learn from others experiences. I hope you can get some piece of mind here too, and calm your worries. Honestly, aside from the pain from the surgery itself, 2 weeks ago, my new hip feels better that it did before...I had avascular necrosis, and pretty much no bone left at the top femur. So yeah, I'm like you...I don't want that thing to slip out either, so it's a good idea to check things out. Hope you do well.
 
I will be having left hip replacement this Thursday, April 25! I have been doing a bit of reading, but need to do a bit more!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@Kenello, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow! As you can see, I have moved your posts and mine from the January surgery list thread into the April thread.

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@Lady Bear, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow! As you can see, I have moved your posts and mine from the January surgery list thread into the April thread.

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@Sam49, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow! As you can see, I have moved your posts and mine from the January surgery list thread into the April thread.

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@Wonderwine, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow! As you can see, I have moved your posts and mine from the January surgery list thread into the April thread.

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom