BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community

2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Jan 1, 2019.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    april 111.jpg @907Bionic, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

2. SarahBee

SarahBee junior member

Received my letter which says the hospital will call the day before to let me know my arrival time...... Sometime between 1 and 4 pm! What?!?!? :flabber:

3. inthebeginning

inthebeginning graduate

:what::sigh::boohoo:
    I just found out today. My 5.5 year old R THR will need a revision on April 23. Long story short, I thought I was dealing with some Iliopsoas/hip flexor tendonitis. Had a few weeks of PT with no real results. Made the appointment with the Ortho that did the original surgery and the film told the story...the image on the right in my profile is the picture from today. Turns out there's quite a bit of space all around the stem towards the upper half.
    The way he explained it is that the tip of the stem was so well implanted, my body actually signaled itself at some point to stop growing bone. This must have happened well after the one year visit as my instructions were, "See you in 6 years!" Well, it's only been 4 and a half.

Here we go again...

4. bottomshollow

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "HIP" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

01 April 2019 bewilder
    02 April 2019 mollymum
    03 April 2019 SarahBee, beachlily
    04 April, 2019 Carriemay60 (hemiarthroplasty), Fairydell, 907Bionic
    09 April 2019 Angel63
    15 April 2019 Chappyd, wayner1
    23 April 2019 inthebeginning (revision)
    26 April 2019 hippychic

5. bottomshollow

april 13.jpg @inthebeginning, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

6. bottomshollow

april 49.jpg @bewilder, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

7. beachlily

beachlily member

April 3 for my RTHR

8. bottomshollow

april 80.jpg @beachlily, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

• Like Like x 1
  9. beachlily

beachlily member

Thanks! Question- what are the pros and cons for posterior v anterior approach in surgery? Thanks.

10. bottomshollow

@beachlily, you need to start a thread of your own, if you haven't already done so, and ask this question there.

The monthly surgery thread is for listing your surgery date and to give you a place to see who is having surgery along with you this month.

Discussion should take place between you in your own threads in the pre op forum. You and your questions and concerns will not get the attention they deserve on this thread like they will in your own threads.

Here are some links to help you start your own thread, locate your thread, and locate another member's thread:
    Starting a new thread and posting
    How can I find my threads and posts?
    Finding another member's threads and posts

11. hippychic

hippychic new member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all, am still reeling abit from the THR diagnosis as was not expecting it.........have surgery pencilled in for 26th April...
    Have left a thread in the pre op forum
    Left THR
    Hippy

12. bottomshollow

april 130.jpg @hippychic, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care
    !

• Like Like x 1
  13. beachlily

beachlily member

Thanks ️

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. bottomshollow

april 131.jpg @Angel63, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!